FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Oct 26, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #5,971 of 7,088

Thanks for the quick reply.  The Fiio sounds pretty awesome playing Hi-rez files in my MB. Any other way to wake it up other than the power button? Little akward while driving. I guess I could leave it on but wonder if it affects SQ even a little bit. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #5,972 of 7,088

Thanks for the quick reply.  The Fiio sounds pretty awesome playing Hi-rez files in my MB. Any other way to wake it up other than the power button? Little akward while driving. I guess I could leave it on but wonder if it affects SQ even a little bit. 

No other way to my knowledge.  I don't think leaving the screen on will affect the sound, but it will drain the battery faster.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #5,979 of 7,088

First I've heard of this.
I'd contact Fiio.

Or GhostBusters. 
biggrin.gif

With all seriousness the problem can be pretty dire, best is to not use and contact Fiio. 

Some migraines can cause something like this - good to keep in mind for people who get migraines. 

But I would avoid charging it, some of the chemical compounds might not be in best condition. The battery will still have a few places where it disconnects if something gets broken, but if you haven't used it in a long time, a battery suffers some changes in it's composition, sometimes irreversible. 

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #5,980 of 7,088

First I've heard of this.
I'd contact Fiio.

Or GhostBusters. 
biggrin.gif

With all seriousness the problem can be pretty dire, best is to not use and contact Fiio. 

Some migraines can cause something like this - good to keep in mind for people who get migraines. 

But I would avoid charging it, some of the chemical compounds might not be in best condition. The battery will still have a few places where it disconnects if something gets broken, but if you haven't used it in a long time, a battery suffers some changes in it's composition, sometimes irreversible. 

Thanks for your replies guys. Concerned about what you've said. The only reason i hadn't used it much, was that i bought a ZX2 & if i'm honest wasn't sure about the Fiio X5ii
Ironically, in the last few weeks, i've actually preferred the Fiio. ( or i should say, been using it more than ZX2. )

I'll briefly charge again & see what happens...

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #5,981 of 7,088
Hi, I have a question about Soundquality. 

Today when listening to music with headphones I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 and very recently I bought the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc.
Using Player pro with the Dsppack so I get the equalizer (big upgrade in SQ)
I also use Tidal Hifi. To my ears i prefer Player pro just a little bit but Tidal ofcourse nice when wanting new music.
My headphones are the AKG K550 MKII which I love.

My question is how big difference in soundquality would it be to play lets say flac file music from the Fioo X5 2nd gen vs smartphone ??
An option for me could also be the Fiio X7 but price is the double of  the Fiio X5 2nd gen

(I listen to music at home from my Mac using a Rotel amp and HRT Musicstreamer II and PSB Image 6 speakers. Tidal and also Vinyl player Teac TH-300. Phono preamp Schiit Mani. Sound is perfect for me and my ears)

Cheers

Oct 29, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #5,982 of 7,088
  Hi, I have a question about Soundquality. 

Today when listening to music with headphones I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 and very recently I bought the Fiio E12 Mont Blanc.
Using Player pro with the Dsppack so I get the equalizer (big upgrade in SQ)
I also use Tidal Hifi. To my ears i prefer Player pro just a little bit but Tidal ofcourse nice when wanting new music.
My headphones are the AKG K550 MKII which I love.

My question is how big difference in soundquality would it be to play lets say flac file music from the Fioo X5 2nd gen vs smartphone ??
An option for me could also be the Fiio X7 but price is the double of  the Fiio X5 2nd gen

(I listen to music at home from my Mac using a Rotel amp and HRT Musicstreamer II and PSB Image 6 speakers. Tidal and also Vinyl player Teac TH-300. Phono preamp Schiit Mani. Sound is perfect for me and my ears)

Cheers

Those are subjectove things. I would prefer to use X5ii alone - or X5ii + E12. Smartphone + E12 will NEVER be as good as X5ii + E12, because the smartphone will do double amping. 

X7 has a much more tunable sound, is more expensive, usually sounds better - but test it and see if you like it. After all this time, X5ii is still my 1st choice. 

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #5,983 of 7,088

Those are subjectove things. I would prefer to use X5ii alone - or X5ii + E12. Smartphone + E12 will NEVER be as good as X5ii + E12, because the smartphone will do double amping. 

X7 has a much more tunable sound, is more expensive, usually sounds better - but test it and see if you like it. After all this time, X5ii is still my 1st choice. 

Thanx very much !

The problem is there are no shops in sweden to listen to Fiio it seems.

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #5,984 of 7,088

Thanx very much !

The problem is there are no shops in sweden to listen to Fiio it seems.

X7 is smoother - X5ii is much more revealing in treble. 

This leads to a very different presentation, and a different presentation of audigraphic space around you. 

With x7, things might come from a closer distance, or easier to pin point. With x5ii things are more vibrant, the treble is more proeminent, and sounds are more holographic / energetic. 

X7 has an ESS DAC though - so with one of the AMP modules, it will eventually be pretty bright, probably enough to compete with X5ii. 

The difference is so and so - with AKG K550 you might be better off with X5ii - especially as K550 is not smooth. 

I'm using ie800, which is quite critical of the source and I would still use X5ii due to my preferences, but x7 has better mids and details at the cost of treble - while using AM1 - the IEM Module included in box. 

Oct 29, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #5,985 of 7,088
I have bought a DK1 dock to use with my X5ii.

Problem:

When I put the X5ii in the dock the audio stops playing from the coaxial output.

I bought this dock so that I could stand the X5II by my Darkvoice 337 headphone amplifier and my DAC which I connect to the coaxial output from the X5ii  I would also use the DK1 to charge the X5ii when needed.

I have to remove the X5ii from the DK1 to get audio from the coaxial output.

This is no use at all to me, I want audio from the coaxial output while the X5ii is in the DK1 dock and not have to take it out and lie i it down on the table or use another cheap looking phone holder like my X3 is mounted in.

Has anybody got the same problem and is there any chance of a solution ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back