FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Nov 3, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #6,001 of 7,088
  Hello,

Experts & Owners of X5 2nd Gen - Que To All

Is it possible to turn off - Here I mean Complete Shut Down the player after idle or pause the song instead of Going To Deep Sleep Mode.....Just Like X1 First Gen Model

I turned Idle Standby = OFF < System Settings, but still the player goes to Deep Sleep Mode instead of showing the 'See You' Shut Down animation.

I'm using FW 2.1 which I believe the latest one.

Hi, Ab10
The X5II doesn't  have 'Idle poweroff' function. Yes, when in Idle Standby mode, the player goes to Deep Sleep Mode. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 3, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #6,002 of 7,088
I just got some pop said failed to load try again my sd card was working before what is wrong?

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #6,004 of 7,088

I have noticed this as well, but since Fiio is done with the X5ii firmware I doubt anything can be done. Would be nice to figure out a workaround though.

I haven't been on head-fi for several years, started reading up on the X5ii and see your post. Is it expected the X5ii is nearing its end and there'll be a successor model soon?

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #6,005 of 7,088

I haven't been on head-fi for several years, started reading up on the X5ii and see your post. Is it expected the X5ii is nearing its end and there'll be a successor model soon?

They had a cycle of 1 year or 1.5 years - we're all eagerly waiting on the successor. 

The new X1 uses a touch wheel instead of the mechanical one. I kinda liked the mechanical wheel on X5ii tough - but I'm looking forward for the new implementation. 

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #6,006 of 7,088
I have loaded some flac files on a new x5ii, it came loaded with FW 2.1, (each album in its own folder, like 5 albums, just the flac files, no .cue or .log, no artwork).  All of those albums were ripped the same, tagged the same and those tags work everywhere else.  In both the folder view and the category view the album name shows up but when I drill in for songs I get 01 Unknown Track.flac etc.  This is like for 3 out of 5 albums.

Does anyone know what gives?  I can't seem to find any information on something like this.  Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I did looked at those folders on the desktop, and for whatever reason I did not name the actual files (luckily a rare case, I don't think they were in an online database yet), but rather just relied on the tags I manually did which worked fine on other players so no need to really know the actual file names.  So that doesn't seem like too big of an issue for me; but I will keep the question out there does anyone know why it is using the file name and not the tag name?

Nov 5, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #6,007 of 7,088
I have loaded some flac files on a new x5ii, it came loaded with FW 2.1, (each album in its own folder, like 5 albums, just the flac files, no .cue or .log, no artwork).  All of those albums were ripped the same, tagged the same and those tags work everywhere else.  In both the folder view and the category view the album name shows up but when I drill in for songs I get 01 Unknown Track.flac etc.  This is like for 3 out of 5 albums.

Does anyone know what gives?  I can't seem to find any information on something like this.  Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I did looked at those folders on the desktop, and for whatever reason I did not name the actual files (luckily a rare case, I don't think they were in an online database yet), but rather just relied on the tags I manually did which worked fine on other players so no need to really know the actual file names.  So that doesn't seem like too big of an issue for me; but I will keep the question out there does anyone know why it is using the file name and not the tag name?

In settings You can choose to display file name or Tag info for the tracks.

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #6,012 of 7,088
So you connect the DAP to the computer via USB and don't remove the sd card and use a card reader?

Also I am noticing that the File Name Display set to Title (not file name) only seems to work for "Now Playing".  I can understand the folder view being file name, but I figured the Play By Category would be by the tag info.  Am I missing anything else on that issue?  Thanks for the help.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #6,013 of 7,088
I always edit and tag music files on my PC and copy directly to SD cards in the PC SD card reader (using microSD to SD adapter, of course). Cards are formatted in X5ii, but music is copied via SD card reader. It is faster than X5ii connected to USB.

Cheers... Brian

P.S. tagging in Foobar2000 and/or Switch Sound File Converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back