FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
May 27, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #842 of 7,088
Don't remember if it's been mentioned yet, but the beta FW doesn't suffer from the 5,800 track limit. I just indexed close to 10,000 songs on a 128GB card in TF Slot #1.

Right out of the gate! That'll be good news for a lot of people. Now we won't have a thread choked with comments on the limit. :D

May 27, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #843 of 7,088
Thanks!

I hope that you will be pleased by x5II, it might proove even better for a transport for your Hugo, given that the buttons layout is easier to use while in pocket, and harder to press by mistake.

Rarely use in pocket. I go to bed with it, my wife gets jealose its placed between us!

May 27, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #844 of 7,088
Rarely use in pocket. I go to bed with it, my wife gets jealose its placed between us!

Hahaha! My wife names all my camera gear because I spend too much time with it!

The Angie already has a name so it's easy for her to hate them. Still no name for the X5 but she may give one to the X5 II.

PS, she actually supports my hobbies and I love her very much...... :ph34r:

May 27, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #845 of 7,088
Hahaha! My wife names all my camera gear because I spend too much time with it!

The Angie already has a name so it's easy for her to hate them. Still no name for the X5 but she may give one to the X5 II.

PS, she actually supports my hobbies and I love her very much...... :ph34r:

Its worse now, we have an X5 and a Hugo sharing the bed!

But like your wife, I'm lucky Barbara supports my hobby and was pleased I bought the Hugo. Actually she was just pleased to get out of the Headfi event hall and go Geocaching :)

May 27, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #846 of 7,088
  I've had the X5II for a while now and to me it's the best Fiio DAP so far. I never was too impressed with the other models (X3II was the best so far), but the X5II could maybe kick the DX90 of its throne. I said maybe
cool.gif

It's driving my LCD2 now in low gain without any issues.

Have you altered your initial impressions since the Munich show post on the AK380 thread?  I gathered from the show that you weren't really taken with it.

May 27, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #847 of 7,088
Sorry for the delay :eek:

The hardwarezone thread was indeed deleted :frowning2:

But they've opened application threads in two other places, hope one works for you (and hope applications are still open) :xf_eek:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/audiophile-s-htpc-corner/3247851-fiio-x5-second-generation-audition-tour-singapore.html#post14768945

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=203295.0

Best regards,
Joe

Edit: checked the threads, seems like they would have done better to let us handle the applications here :cool: well, go get 'em :D

Fantastic, thanks! I'll go apply now.

And yea, for the record, I think you guys would have run it slight better, global auditions or no.

Edit: Whew just 1 more day to the application deadline. Thanks Joe Bloggs!

May 27, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #849 of 7,088
Fantastic, thanks! I'll go apply now.

And yea, for the record, I think you guys would have run it slight better, global auditions or no.

Edit: Whew just 1 more day to the application deadline. Thanks @Joe Bloggs!

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I'm too busy at this period, otherwise I really interested to test the new X5 
normal_smile .gif

Looking forward to read the reviews.

May 27, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #850 of 7,088
  I've had the X5II for a while now and to me it's the best Fiio DAP so far. I never was too impressed with the other models (X3II was the best so far), but the X5II could maybe kick the DX90 of its throne. I said maybe
cool.gif

It's driving my LCD2 now in low gain without any issues.

Impressive! 
normal_smile .gif

May 27, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #851 of 7,088

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I'm too busy at this period, otherwise I really interested to test the new X5 
normal_smile%20.gif

Looking forward to read the reviews.

Ah that's a waste.. Your impressions would have been invaluable.

May 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #852 of 7,088

How does the X3ii compare in driving the HD650s?

Just taking a quick listen. Surprisingly, X3ii drives the HD650 pretty well. Volume is almost maxed at 115/120 on high gain. Listening to Sade's "Bullet Proof Soul." Great track for testing bass response (track has a very prominent bass heartbeat), along with vocals (of course). Both come through very well, along with other instruments (piano, snare, sax, male backing vocal) all clear, though subdued (as they should be, since they're only back-up). Well impressed.

May 28, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #853 of 7,088

Ah that's a waste.. Your impressions would have been invaluable.

Thanks!
Anyway, you're right, 3 days, what can we do with 3 days? Even 1 week I consider to short 
jecklinsmile.gif

I will try X5ii, maybe later when there is a chance.

May 28, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #854 of 7,088
I'm planning to buy a DAP to use lineout. Do you guys think x5 and x5ii will be different? as they have the same DAC.

Much different implementation of the same DAC. For example, native DSD is now available. Also, dual oscillators for better timing and jitter reduction. I'd go for the X5 II as its release is just around the corner and is the same price (unless someone is having a fire sale on the gen1).

May 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #855 of 7,088
Thanks!
Anyway, you're right, 3 days, what can we do with 3 days? Even 1 week I consider to short :jecklinsmile:
I will try X5ii, maybe later when there is a chance.

Yea.. I did put a note for then to consider increasing the trial period to 5 days at least. What's more, if I get it on a Sunday, I'll need to return it on Tuesday and gotta go back at their HQ from 10am-5pm. It will be tough for working class headfiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back