FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
May 11, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #121 of 7,088
I think its fairly well accepted that I should be committed, but I'm kicking myself that I passed on the current X5 when my dealer told me he had no X3ii stock and that any stock he gets is sold out the same day. He then rubbed salt into the wound by pointing me to boxes of the AK Jnr - form factor and pose factor aside, I just cant see how it compares to the current Fiio DAPs in terms of bang for the buck. I hope Fiio can address whatever supply chain issues they seem to be having with the 3ii before they release the 5ii. 

May 11, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #122 of 7,088
I think the biggest thing the AK jr brings to the table is the form factor and UI. Worth 500 bucks? Not a chance in my book, not when the FiiO DAPs offer so much hardware under that price point. I can see how people would value the navigation and form factor, just not at that price for me.

May 11, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #123 of 7,088
I would totally love to be part of this tour. I'm always interested to try new things and I sold my FiiO X5 because I had a really good deal on the A&K 100 II but sound-wise I would think the X5 is more neutral.

-Headphone(s) you possess: 
LCD-X, JH13, ATH-IM70

-DAP(s) you possess:
Had DAPs like the FiiO X5, iBasso DX50, FiiO X1, and currently have the A&K 100 II  / CLip+

-FiiO product(s) you possess (if any):
None at the moment but I have owned the E12, E7, E09, E17 in the past.

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted (if any):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/741770/customart-us-ciem-demo-lineup-tour-including-harmony-8-pro/360#post_11464893

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):
Miami, Florida

-Language(s) you can read:
English, Tagalog

May 11, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #124 of 7,088
I would be up for a pre-tour, or if that does not work out the regular tour.

Shure E2C with custom molds
Phonak Audeo 22
Yuik PK3
Sennheiser PX100,  and similar sounding Sennheiser earbuds
Various Sony Sports models (G52, etc.)

-DAP(s) you possess:

FIIO X3 Gen 1 and 2
Ipod Video 5.5 g (Wolfson); modified to 256gb with Tarkan adapter

FIIO X3 Gen 1 and 2
Previous owner of  X1 and E07 Andes.  Both  replaced by X3 units 

Reviews on Head Fi of E07 Andes and X3 Gen 2

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13039
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-andes-e07k-portable-usb-dac-and-headphone-amplifier-96khz-24-bit/reviews/10870
    wow, in searching for that I found over 25,000 views of that review.   Holy buckets.

Minneapolis, MN

Allegedly English

May 11, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #125 of 7,088
Will there be a tour for the SE-Asia/Singapore Region? I'd like to join if there is!

Shure SE846, 1964 A12, Earwerkz Supra, Xiaomi Piston II, Sennheisier Momentum In Ear, Nuforce Primo 8 & others

-DAP(s) you possess:
AK100II
Sony ZX2
DX90 (previously)

Fiio E12DIY

None at the moment

Singapore

English, Chinese

May 11, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #126 of 7,088
  I think its fairly well accepted that I should be committed, but I'm kicking myself that I passed on the current X5 when my dealer told me he had no X3ii stock and that any stock he gets is sold out the same day. He then rubbed salt into the wound by pointing me to boxes of the AK Jnr - form factor and pose factor aside, I just cant see how it compares to the current Fiio DAPs in terms of bang for the buck. I hope Fiio can address whatever supply chain issues they seem to be having with the 3ii before they release the 5ii. 

the X3ii will be back in stock after couple days, and about X5ii, the ETA will be around 15th, June and we prepare double quantity than before, not sure whether it is enough or not for the market. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 11, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #127 of 7,088
  This time the headlight of the X5ii is the sound but not the UI/shape , below is the some detial information.

the LPF is OPA1652, and the OP is OPA1612, and the buf is BUF634, it is powered by 14V , it is 40% higher than X5

Thank you sharing info with us, @JamesFiiO .

Does this mean that X5II will be able to drive "demanding" earphones or headphones?

I own a X1 (1srt real DAP) that is to weak to drive my Earsonics SM64 IEM (98ohms impedance) without an amplifier. X1 Line Out does a good job though but do you think I might be able to drive SM64 without amp on the X5II?

May 11, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #128 of 7,088
Thank you sharing info with us, @JamesFiiO

Does this mean that X5II will be able to drive "demanding" earphones or headphones?

I own a X1 (1srt real DAP) that is to weak to drive my Earsonics SM64 IEM (98ohms impedance) without an amplifier. X1 Line Out does a good job though but do you think I might be able to drive SM64 without amp on the X5II?

I would say that 14V and 40% more output than the X5 gen 1 would easily drive your Earsonics SM64 IEM, unless you're trying to implode your ears.

May 11, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #129 of 7,088
the X3ii will be back in stock after couple days, and about X5ii, the ETA will be around 15th, June and we prepare double quantity than before, not sure whether it is enough or not for the market. 

Given the current success of your DAPs and the interest in the X5 II I'd say make as many as you can! :D

May 11, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #130 of 7,088
I've updated the first post with quotes from James on the amp information, DAC information and expected ETA. I'll update further when the official specs are released

JamesFiiO, is the 15th the expected worldwide release?

May 11, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #131 of 7,088
I am extremely interested in the X5 2nd gen tour. As a big FiiO fan I have/had ALL the FiiO DAPs ever released. I would usually buy a new FiiO DAP without question, but ever since I got the Cayin N6 I want to hear for myself if the new X5 can get close to it before plunging down my cash for one. :)

If I do get the honor of reviewing the new X5, I'll be able to do a comparison against the X3 2nd gen and Cayin N6.

ATH-IM03, JVC HA-FX850, ATH-CKR9LTD
ATH-AD2000, Senn HD650, Hifiman HE-500, ATH-ESW9LTD

-DAP(s) you possess:
Currently have: FiiO X3 2nd gen, Cayin N6, Sansa Clip Zip
Previously had: X1, X3, X5, iBasso DX90, Sony A15, Sony Z1070, Sony F805

Currently have: X3 2nd gen, E12DIY
Previously had: X1, X3, X5, E12, E11K, E11, E7, E6

None yet, let the X5 2nd gen be the first :)

Singapore

English, Chinese

May 11, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #133 of 7,088
I would say that 14V and 40% more output than the X5 gen 1 would easily drive your Earsonics SM64 IEM, unless you're trying to implode your ears.

Numbers don't really speak to me (at least these ones). Thanx for your explanations, @x RELIC x

I am eager to ear SQ feedback, now
wink_face.gif

PS: I won't suscribe to the tour because I will have exams and to few time to write a valuable review.

May 11, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #134 of 7,088
Numbers don't really speak to me (at least these ones). Thanx for your explanations, @x RELIC x

I am eager to ear SQ feedback, now :wink_face:  
PS: I won't suscribe to the tour because I will have exams and to few time to write a valuable review.

For what it's worth I think the X1, by the numbers, should be able to drive your IEMs fine as well. Reasonable volume levels (still quite loud) considered.

By the way, no need to apply for the tour to post here! This is the MEGATHREAD!! Discussion and impressions welcome. :)

May 11, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #135 of 7,088
basshead.gif
 My wallet is already hating me right now! New X5 purchased a month ago (to the day, ironically) and loving it. Purchased some lossless music I just had to have even though I already had the albums in my library, but in lossy format. And a week ago bought the FiiO E12A amp.

Now this news! Just what I need... another expensive habit!

The X5ii looks pretty sweet. Same finish as the E12A? The shared spec's that are in this thread so far make it very appealing! I think that this may be a must have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back