FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #6,916 of 7,088
Firmware version 2.1

Play settings > 11th setting

As I have selected spanish as a language, I don’t know the options english name. Besides, fw 2.1 brought several new options to play settings.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #6,917 of 7,088
How did you configure it to "fixed" so I can try "variable"?
Hi Koukol

In the «Play Settings» scroll down to «Line out Mode» and change it to «Volume adjustable». I guess it works with the volume control that you use for the headphone output, but haven't tried it. You could also use the «Fixed Level» right below and there you have the choice beween 0, –3 and –6 dB (one line below).

The «Fixed Volume Setting» is also at «60» in my player – I don't know exactly what it is for, but probably it's meant for the headphone output.

Firmware is 2.1.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #6,918 of 7,088
The issue is FW1.20 does not have variable line-out volume.

Update to FW 2.1.

Fixed Volume is for on the next power cycle the player headphone volume will be reset to what is set in this setting if the ‘power on volume’ is set to ‘Fixed’, instead of ’Last Setting’

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #6,919 of 7,088
OK...thanks guys.

It appears I don't have the Line Out option with the custom firmware 1.2
I guess I'll "upgrade" to 2.1 to get the option since my OTG all of a sudden stopped working and was the main reason I rolled back.
I kinda liked the added sharp drop off filter option with the 2.1

I'll give it a try again.
Cheers.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #6,920 of 7,088
The issue is FW1.20 does not have variable line-out volume.

Update to FW 2.1.

Fixed Volume is for on the next power cycle the player headphone volume will be reset to what is set in this setting if the ‘power on volume’ is set to ‘Fixed’, instead of ’Last Setting’
Hi Relic...I hope you're doing fine.

Yeah, i figured the problem was using 1.2
Thank you for the explanation on the mysterious* fixed volume setting (*at least to me)

Cheers, guys!:beerchug:

edit~ everything's working now.
I love this place.
Now I gotta transfer all my custom themes.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #6,921 of 7,088
I'm getting a used X5 ii soon and starting to gear up for it. Is 128 GB really the largest SD card it can handle, or was that just the biggest available at the time?

Mine is coming with the hard plastic shell. I'd prefer the silicone rubber sleeve but I'm not finding them for sale anywhere. Anyone know of an online seller where I might find X5 ii stuff? (I'm also posting a WTB thread for X5 ii accessories)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #6,922 of 7,088
I'm getting a used X5 ii soon and starting to gear up for it. Is 128 GB really the largest SD card it can handle, or was that just the biggest available at the time?

Mine is coming with the hard plastic shell. I'd prefer the silicone rubber sleeve but I'm not finding them for sale anywhere. Anyone know of an online seller where I might find X5 ii stuff? (I'm also posting a WTB thread for X5 ii accessories)
I used 200gb cards with it no bother,even a 512gb full size with an adaptor it didn't have any problems. Tuff luv make nice leather and fake leather cases for it, much better than the plastic or the rubber in my opinion.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #6,923 of 7,088
I used 200gb cards with it no bother,even a 512gb full size with an adaptor it didn't have any problems. Tuff luv make nice leather and fake leather cases for it, much better than the plastic or the rubber in my opinion.

That's great news, thanks!

Yeah, you're right. I just got used to the silicone case on my X3, but I really should think outside the box and I'm sure I'll end up with something better. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. :wink:

Apr 20, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #6,925 of 7,088
Just curious, with the larger card did you use library view or folder view? It’s just a theory of mine that you push the player past it’s size limits either formatting on it or using the media library. I use 2 400gb cards in folder view without issue but trying to format one in it per previous practice limited it to 256.

Apr 21, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #6,927 of 7,088
Just curious, with the larger card did you use library view or folder view? It’s just a theory of mine that you push the player past it’s size limits either formatting on it or using the media library. I use 2 400gb cards in folder view without issue but trying to format one in it per previous practice limited it to 256.
Hi, I used library view, the only problem it seemed to have was it was very slow to rescan when I added new stuff, I formatted both cards on my PC before using them. the large card wasn't full it had about 350gb on it, also used my PC to add stuff with the card reader as using the x5 to do it was too slow.

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #6,928 of 7,088
I'm sorry to bother you all, but I just want to verify that the latest X5ii firmware is FW2.1, correct?
(I don't want to search through hundreds of pages here to find this if I can avoid it)

Incidentally, after gearing up with new SD cards, a new HS16 stacking kit (I think I found the last one in existence) and an L21 cable, I'm sad to report that my deal for a like-new X5ii fell through :frowning2:. Looks like I jumped the gun on buying accessories. So I'm still on the lookout for a nice one at a decent price. But people are being really rigid about the price on these, often holding firm on prices higher than most used 3rd Gens I'm seeing. Is it just because they're rare now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back