FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jul 3, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #6,601 of 7,088
I do have idle standby set to on with the timer set to 5 minutes.

Yesterday it showed around 2/3 battery, I paused a song and left the player for probably ~5 hours. When I came back and hit the power button to wake it up it showed low battery and did a force shutdown.

So there are no other settings aside from those two that would affect the deep sleep mode? I did do a reset factory settings after the firmware update but I'll try toggling the idle standby again to see if that takes care of the issue.
Dear friend,

Please try to have idle standby set to on with the timer set to 1 minutes. Then pause a song. Can the blue LED indicator turn off after 1 minute? Do you have any other setting or operation before setting the idle standby? Maybe you can try to update the firmware to FW2.0 again for help as well. Hope it works.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #6,602 of 7,088
Not strictly about X5. I use X5 II as a source, inserted fiio A3 amp to feed Dunu 2000.
My question is about something happened accidentaly. Moving volume knob, I also
moved gain to hi, for about a minute. Would it damage earphones? It unnerves me so
much, that I simply cannot listen to the music.
BTW, after a bit of search, spiral dots ML suit me the best.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #6,603 of 7,088
My X5 II gets hot after some minutes of playing, I think that messes up the battery which is not getting close to 10 hours of playback, and it's pretty new, haven't even used it for a full month. Also, my computer does not recognize it as a DAC via usb while I use it with my Fiio K5 and when I open the fiio driver program it shows "no devices connected". Can anybody help? @FiiO

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #6,604 of 7,088
Not strictly about X5. I use X5 II as a source, inserted fiio A3 amp to feed Dunu 2000.
moved gain to hi, for about a minute. Would it damage earphones? It unnerves me so

The A3 won't output enough power to damage the Dunu 2000s. If the unthinkable happens and either the volume know bumps, or the gain switch triggers - I'd be more worried it happens while I'm wearing them - rather than worrying about damage to the DN-2000. You'll be fine.

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #6,605 of 7,088
The A3 won't output enough power to damage the Dunu 2000s. If the unthinkable happens and either the volume know bumps, or the gain switch triggers - I'd be more worried it happens while I'm wearing them - rather than worrying about damage to the DN-2000. You'll be fine.
Huh! Thanks!
I was so furious about my stupid mistake. Your answer calms me down.
A3 might not be the best amp solution for dunu. I like that little beast,
but people consider topping... as better. What do you think? Chinese
brands tend to ship free and fast. No amp simply forces me to wind up
to 70+. With amp just sounds fine.

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #6,606 of 7,088
For me - probably best amp I use for IEMs is the E17K (DAC/amp). Very linear (wire with gain), but also has tone controls if you want to mix it up.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #6,607 of 7,088
My X5 II gets hot after some minutes of playing, I think that messes up the battery which is not getting close to 10 hours of playback, and it's pretty new, haven't even used it for a full month. Also, my computer does not recognize it as a DAC via usb while I use it with my Fiio K5 and when I open the fiio driver program it shows "no devices connected". Can anybody help? @FiiO

Dear friend,

Get hots? Did you playing the music while charging? It may be normal if getting a little warmer. Can the storage mode be recognized by your computer when docking in the K5?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 4, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #6,608 of 7,088

I have the DN-2000 and find them very easy to drive. You shouldn't even need to the A3 in the chain to get great sound from the DN-2000 with the X5ii.

Jul 4, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #6,609 of 7,088
For me - probably best amp I use for IEMs is the E17K (DAC/amp). Very linear (wire with gain), but also has tone controls if you want to mix it up.
Available at my place, but the price tag led me to A3.
To answer to fritobugger, Dunu straight from X5 II sound fine, but have to be
volume matched up to 70+. For some reason it bugged me. Nothing wrong,
just that.

Jul 4, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #6,610 of 7,088
I would suggest to not let it bug you. If there is no distortion... and you still have 30+% of the max left to go...
What is to worry about? Just don't look at the volume scale... set it where it sounds good.. and be happy!

If you did get an amp, commonly the X5II is set for max output and volume controlled with the amp... that would really drive you crazy...

:ksc75smile:

BTW... are you sure that you are not listening louder than is good for your ears. For me with the Dunu-2000 and X5II I am using 55 to 60. Something like 80 to 85 DB would be my guess... I do use ReplayGain.... so that could have a part in this.. Input levels do dramatically influence what comes out of the amp at any given volume setting.

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #6,611 of 7,088
Makes sense.
Unfortunately, I can't help it. I have A3 and use it.
On X5 I set volume to 0. It does not matter at all.
For some reason, dunu put out sound not that
loud as people mostly post. On A3 at 3, sometimes
even 4. I listen to 24 bit flac-s ad dsd-s.
Finally, it is real pleasure to read this threads!

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #6,612 of 7,088
Dear friend,

Get hots? Did you playing the music while charging? It may be normal if getting a little warmer. Can the storage mode be recognized by your computer when docking in the K5?

Best regards

No, not while charging. And yes, the computer recognizes it on usb as storage mode, but not as DAC mode. Also, is there a way to not charge the X5 II while docked in the K5? I think that will mess up the battery as well... I use it a lot on the k5, so the X5 II is always fully charged...

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #6,613 of 7,088
Makes sense.
Unfortunately, I can't help it. I have A3 and use it.
On X5 I set volume to 0. It does not matter at all.
For some reason, dunu put out sound not that
loud as people mostly post. On A3 at 3, sometimes
even 4. I listen to 24 bit flac-s ad dsd-s.
Finally, it is real pleasure to read this threads!
I see.. you must be using the fixed level line out to drive the A3.
If you look at the volume control question logically, it really does not matter where it is set as long as you are getting the results that you want.
The only situation where it may be a concern is if it was fully maxed out and still was not loud enough. In that case the need for an amp may well be legitimate.
Of course, if it makes you happy, why not. I am just one who prefers to reduce bulk, weight, and complexity as much as I can in my portable gear.
If one piece of gear will do the job, with one battery to keep charged, then that is my preference.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #6,614 of 7,088
Dear friend,

Please try to have idle standby set to on with the timer set to 1 minutes. Then pause a song. Can the blue LED indicator turn off after 1 minute? Do you have any other setting or operation before setting the idle standby? Maybe you can try to update the firmware to FW2.0 again for help as well. Hope it works.

Best regards

I did as you asked and yes the blue LED on the power button turned off after one minute. So seems like I can assume my deep sleep is engaging properly at this point. How much battery drain is normal while in sleep mode?

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #6,615 of 7,088
i recently got this player,is there anyway to make the screen display permanently ?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back