FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Nov 23, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #4,246 of 7,088
I get a dark line through the middle of the battery indicator when I use theme 2 but not with theme 1. It's not exactly a line but a slightly darker area through the middle of the battery indicator which is all white except for the slightly darkened area.. It happens on one of the other themes too but not theme 1. Does anyone else have this on their X5ii? I know it's not a big deal but I'm just curious.

I just checked again to make sure and the line or darkened area is there using theme 2 and theme 5 but none of the others. I know, use the other themes. I'm just wondering what the cause is and if anyone else has seen this.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #4,247 of 7,088
  E12 make a noise with IEMs and has a worse OPAMP. E12a has a MUSES02 and gives a more clear sound for IEM. But I have E12DIY and use it with IEM and HD650.

Is that your personal experience or are you referencing rationale for E12A?  I'm using E12 with ASG 2.5 with no noise issues ...

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #4,248 of 7,088
Originally Posted by Darren Cotter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, now to my question. Has anyone got any suggestions regarding a high quality USB A to Micro B cable I could use to replace the stock cable? My budget is up to £100.

Why dear god why?  Currently using these, nice braid, solid plugs which are labeled so you can immediately see orientation of plug etc ...

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T38OHQ8/

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #4,249 of 7,088
  Hi All

Because my X5ii, E12A combination sounds so good in DAC mode, I'm selling my iFi Micro iDSD, iUSB power supply and iCAN headphone amplifier.

I'd say the X5ii sounds about 90% as good as the 1K iFi setup. The difference being the size of the three boxes and the fact that two of the required to be plugged into the mains. As I was using this setup next to my laptop on the couch, it was quite inconvenient.

Anyway, now to my question. Has anyone got any suggestions regarding a high quality USB A to Micro B cable I could use to replace the stock cable? My budget is up to £100.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Darren

I am sure you do not need to spend that much.. Stock is thick and good sounding:) Has decent shielding. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #4,250 of 7,088
Hi all,

Anyone know where i can get another silicone cover for the X5II? I see this one on Amazon but im not too certain if its for the first gen or not.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQ07N3G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A364KLI3BZY8MZ

Thanks, Brian

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,251 of 7,088
Hi all,

Anyone know where i can get another silicone cover for the X5II? I see this one on Amazon but im not too certain if its for the first gen or not.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQ07N3G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A364KLI3BZY8MZ

Thanks, Brian

That case is for the first gen (second picture shows the first gen X5).  

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #4,252 of 7,088
A 480GB version of the SanDisk SDD is being released on Dec 4th for £152.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZTRY5IW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Is there an OTG lead that allows you to connect a HD and power the X5ii?

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #4,254 of 7,088
  A 480GB version of the SanDisk SDD is being released on Dec 4th for £152.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZTRY5IW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Is there an OTG lead that allows you to connect a HD and power the X5ii?

No, it would draw too much power, but you can always try!

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #4,256 of 7,088
I get a dark line through the middle of the battery indicator when I use theme 2 but not with theme 1. It's not exactly a line but a slightly darker area through the middle of the battery indicator which is all white except for the slightly darkened area.. It happens on one of the other themes too but not theme 1. Does anyone else have this on their X5ii? I know it's not a big deal but I'm just curious.

I just checked again to make sure and the line or darkened area is there using theme 2 and theme 5 but none of the others. I know, use the other themes. I'm just wondering what the cause is and if anyone else has seen this.

I get the same line on those themes. I think it is the graphic design. If you look at the Settings gear or Browse Files file icon you might notice the same coloring. (I even see it on the toggle icon used in various sub menus.) They may have been aiming for a sort of metallic sheen look.

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #4,258 of 7,088
  What would draw too much power? The SSD or the X5ii?

I've used the 240GB version via OTG without any problems. But the trouble is you can not charge the X5ii while using the USB port with any storage attached.

I thought that most ssds would draw too much power from X5II, but if you managed to use a 240gb ssd, you should be able to use the 512gb version too. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #4,259 of 7,088
I get the same line on those themes. I think it is the graphic design. If you look at the Settings gear or Browse Files file icon you might notice the same coloring. (I even see it on the toggle icon used in various sub menus.) They may have been aiming for a sort of metallic sheen look.

OK thanks. I thought at first it might be a flaw in the screen but it wasn't there using different themes. Not a big deal.

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #4,260 of 7,088
OK thanks. I thought at first it might be a flaw in the screen but it wasn't there using different themes. Not a big deal.

You need custom themes! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back