FiiO X3MKIII || Dual TI PCM5242 || Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 || Dual headphone outputs || Balanced Out || 192kHz/32bit
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #77 of 613
Dear friend,

Sorry if missing your question. Hope the following picture helps. We will add the specification in our website soon.

Best regards

There seems to be something wrong with the value of the output impedance of the balanced out.
Can you provide us with the correct value?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #78 of 613
Better in which way?
N3 has no background noise that I can detect and better detail retrieval IMO. I'm terrible at describing sound, but prefer the sound signature of the N3 over the X1II. Like I said, I hope FiiO does a better job with the X3III to eliminate the shortcomings of the X1II that uses the same DAC chip. X1II has some other quirks that make it less enjoyable to listen to like cutting off the first half second of the first song in a folder and also the annoying pop sound when an album finishes. I'm hoping these things are gone or a non issue with the X3III. Especially at this price point. I'm eagerly awaiting impressions about the sound and UI of the X3III to determine if I want to get one for myself, but I'm content with what I have as well.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #79 of 613
From what I'm seeing I would have no reason to buy this to replace the X3II that I'm listening to right now. One thing that I really like about the X3II over my X1 is the separate headphone and line out. I use the line out often since I'm retired and can listen to my stereo or the speaker system in the dining room. I have no use for the balanced output. Also, the output impedance is much higher than the X3II. The output power is lower, but I don't see any problem with that with the headphones and earphones that I have. I also like the size of the X3II better.

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #80 of 613
From what I'm seeing I would have no reason to buy this to replace the X3II that I'm listening to right now. One thing that I really like about the X3II over my X1 is the separate headphone and line out. I use the line out often since I'm retired and can listen to my stereo or the speaker system in the dining room. I have no use for the balanced output. Also, the output impedance is much higher than the X3II. The output power is lower, but I don't see any problem with that with the headphones and earphones that I have. I also like the size of the X3II better.
X3II is a solid DAP. It was always the best bang for your buck based on its price and features. I only sold mine to get the X5II a year ago for the additional storage capabilities.

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #81 of 613
X3II is a solid DAP. It was always the best bang for your buck based on its price and features. I only sold mine to get the X5II a year ago for the additional storage capabilities.
I would like to have the X5II, but I don't think that my ears would be able to tell the difference, so it would be bigger and heavier with no advantage to me. Besides, there's the wife thing too. :triportsad:

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #83 of 613
I would like to have the X5II, but I don't think that my ears would be able to tell the difference, so it would be bigger and heavier with no advantage to me. Besides, there's the wife thing too. :triportsad:
Some folks claimed the difference was night and day, but I was not one of them. More power to their golden ears, but the differences were subtle IMO.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #85 of 613
For me, the main difference between X3II and X5II is the sdcard slots in X5II. More than the sound... I've always regretted being cheap and not getting X5II. If I want to listen to classical I have to change cards... :deadhorse:
The 2 card slots it what sold me on it. I have a really large music collection and wanted to carry it all with me. Now that I've settled on 320 bit mp3 and AAC 256 files for portable use, space isn't the issue it used to be. I'll listen to my flac files with my home setup. Hence why I like these DAPs that can double as a DAC or transport for using another DAC. I've never owned anything that can do balance and the X3III would be gateway into that territory depending on reviews and what real users of the device report once it hits the market.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #86 of 613
I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for an upgrade to the X3 II. Better DAC, maybe add bluetooth (with aptX), replace the mechanical wheel with the capacitive wheel (or what ever they did with the X1II), allow for larger micro SD card. I think adding the balanced output in lieu of the other improvements takes the X3 in the wrong direction. Taking away the dedicated line out was a mistake for me. I think it tries to do too much and compromises some on all.

I know, I know, all this without review. I'll stay tuned for reviews. But, I think I really just wanted a new X3 where i could pop in a 256 gig card, spin a more reliable wheel, and line out to a big amp for when I get my Sennheiser HD 6XX from Massdrop. And, I always want bluetooth with aptX cause sometimes I just have to go wireless.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #87 of 613
I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for an upgrade to the X3 II. Better DAC, maybe add bluetooth (with aptX), replace the mechanical wheel with the capacitive wheel (or what ever they did with the X1II), allow for larger micro SD card. I think adding the balanced output in lieu of the other improvements takes the X3 in the wrong direction. Taking away the dedicated line out was a mistake for me. I think it tries to do too much and compromises some on all.

I know, I know, all this without review. I'll stay tuned for reviews. But, I think I really just wanted a new X3 where i could pop in a 256 gig card, spin a more reliable wheel, and line out to a big amp for when I get my Sennheiser HD 6XX from Massdrop. And, I always want bluetooth with aptX cause sometimes I just have to go wireless.
Perhaps you should read through the pictures. The X3III has bluetooth, dual DACs, touch wheel like the X1II, and can take a 256 gig card. Plus it has a balanced out. These are upgrades IMO if they did it right.

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #88 of 613
Perhaps you should read through the pictures. The X3III has bluetooth, dual DACs, touch wheel like the X1II, and can take a 256 gig card. Plus it has a balanced out. These are upgrades IMO if they did it right.

Yeah, I didn't write that too well. I have read the specs on the device. For me, I would have saved the balanced outputs for the more expensive players. Left in the separate line out. Improved the DAC (we'll see if dual sounds better than the single in the X1 II). And, finally, as icing on the cake, used a processor/OS which supports bluetooth with aptX.

All other improvements are much appreciated! And, I know, this was just one guys hopes. We all have different requirements.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #89 of 613
There seems to be something wrong with the value of the output impedance of the balanced out.
Can you provide us with the correct value?

Thanks.
Dear friend,
I am so sorry about that. Seems I PS a wrong picture. :cold_sweat:
The specification of the X3MKII has added in our website: http://www.fiio.net/en/products/72/parameters
And here is the correct value. Thank you for indicating!
upload_2017-7-27_16-0-59.png

Best Regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back