1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO X3MKIII || Dual TI PCM5242 || Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 || Dual headphone outputs || Balanced Out || 192kHz/32bit

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Jul 15, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. bruce1967
    I agree. Sometimes it feels like the fixes are slow to come but in reality they aren't that slow..I'm just impatient :) I really like the X3II also so I really want the new one plus I own an X1II and I really like the touch wheel.

2. fourrobert13
    Quote from FiiO regarding the release date. It was on page one of this thread.

3. bruce1967
    Thanks. I was just on Facebook trying to find out but I still couldn't find it. :beerchug:

4. Dobrescu George
    I am also looking forward to it, especially if it comes with a similar tuning to the older x3ii!

5. bruce1967
    Yes for sure! I really like the sound of the X3II.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  6. trellus
    Sennheiser also is joining the 4.4mm bandwagon; their high-priced HDV 820 DAC/amp sports 4.4mm Pentaconn outputs, although granted, that's not a comparable product to a $199 DAP. :nerd:

I don't think it's reasonable to expect FiiO to adopt a connector that has such a limited adoption for their products.

7. Brooko Contributor
    Well the HDV 820 is a desktop unit, and we are talking portable .....

8. trellus
    Right, my point was that I agree with you. 4.4mm is almost exclusively Sony and as far as I know, no DAP, at any price, except for Sony, supports it, and I'm not even if there are any other non-Sony anythings besides the Sennheiser HDV 820 (maybe some other very, very recent desktop gear?) that support 4.4mm, as adoption seems to be very slow and limited and it's pretty new even for Sony.

To expect it to debut on a $199 DAP or probably any FiiO DAP anytime soon seems highly unlikely to me.

chaiyuta and Brooko like this.
  9. asmack
    Thank you FiiO for not giving up on the scroll wheel! I much prefer this to a touchscreen, especially for adjusting letf/right balance (I just find it more precise and intuitive than a touchscreen).

Raketen and bruce1967 like this.
  10. Tokyoghoul
    The upcoming AR-M200 will have a 4.4mm jack

11. fourrobert13
    The touch wheel isn't your typical scroll wheel and takes some time to get used to, but once you do, it's pretty slick. They use the same touch wheel on the X1II and it works quite well.

bruce1967 likes this.
  12. snip3r77
    How does this compares to the Pioneer 100r? Thanks

13. fourrobert13
    I don't think anyone has one because it's not on the market yet to compare the two. However, the Pioneer is android touch screen and all of the bells and whistles where this is not.

14. Francisk
    I'm really looking forward to the release of the X3mkIII since I'm a happy owner of the 1st gen X3. I wonder how it compares with recent good sounding DAPs like Cayin N3 and Shanling M2s.

aaDee and Ferdi91 like this.
  15. Ferdi91
    Interesting question!!! Follow too.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last