FiiO X3MKIII || Dual TI PCM5242 || Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 || Dual headphone outputs || Balanced Out || 192kHz/32bit
Jul 20, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #52 of 613
This could well be the replacement for my sadly lost / stolen iBasso DX50.

Anyone make a TRRS 2.5mm headphone cable for Sennheiser Momentum or HD600? (and would the Senn Momentum benefit sonically from balanced output?)

Jul 20, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #54 of 613
@fourrobert13

Good point! Besides who am I kidding? I'm going to buy one eventually anyways but better to wait until the bugs are out. :L3000:
I honestly don't need another DAP. I bought an X1II and my wife got me a Cayin N3 for my birthday. Plus I'm still using my X5II. However, the balanced out and dual DACs interest me. I find the X1II noisy with certain IEMs I use and worry since this uses two of the same DAC chip as the X1II, I wonder if noise will be a problem with the X3III. I'd probably replace my X5II with this because I don't need all the extra features associated with Android based DAPs. I was looking at them, but I just need a music player so the added cost for Android and touch screens isn't worth it to me. Can't wait to hear some impressions of this when it hits the market.

Jul 20, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #55 of 613
I don't need Android either. A simple DAP is all I want and I do like the scroll wheel and buttons on the X1II. I haven't noticed any noise using my X1II but maybe your IEMs are more sensitive than mine. Looks like the X3III will have a shared line out and headphone out like the X1II...I do like separate ones but I guess they can't do that with a balanced line out too. I'm looking forward to reading some impressions too.

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #56 of 613
This could well be the replacement for my sadly lost / stolen iBasso DX50.

Anyone make a TRRS 2.5mm headphone cable for Sennheiser Momentum or HD600? (and would the Senn Momentum benefit sonically from balanced output?)

Lee, the VE Monk creator, can make (almost) anything you want, single ended or balanced. I bought a replacement cable for my HE400i and build quality is really great (25$, 1,8m), even being the basic one. He also can make the cables with Litz or Junkosha, in case you want it. Really cheap, anyway. You can configure exactly what you want through some easy steps.

https://www.veclan.com/

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #57 of 613
Lee, the VE Monk creator, can make (almost) anything you want, single ended or balanced. I bought a replacement cable for my HE400i and build quality is really great (25$, 1,8m), even being the basic one. He also can make the cables with Litz or Junkosha, in case you want it. Really cheap, anyway. You can configure exactly what you want through some easy steps.

Can second Lee's work, I love my HD700 balanced cable. For something more on topic, while I don't need this having an Opus #1 and Shanling M1, it's been a little too long since I've supported Fiio's work. At least I suspect I'll be trying out their new Q1 mk 2, and I'll probably break down and try this one as well.

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #58 of 613

I ordered some balanced cables for my HD6XX but ended up returning them. The connectors were bulky and the cable was very stiff. Also to connect and disconnect I had to put in some hefty force. The two adapters I bought simultanious were much more souple. So I should stay away from the basic cable for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back