FiiO releases Android-based Lossless Portable Music Player M15!
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #16 of 77
Bear in mind, FiiO is a sponsor of the site.
So yeah his written first impressions were 'meh'. So taking in the above point into consideration, it translate to a laymans 'wth is this'
haha well that is scary then, but seriously can it be that bad, maybe headfonia got big money from AK to write that :) , just kiddin. I will audition the m15 and see what it is all about

till then I am enjoying the best sounding dap ever which is calyx m, and sucks on all other levels ( battery , user interface, no wifi, etc... ). Give me the calyx m sound with wifi and fast UI and take my 3.5k USD for gods sake

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #17 of 77
I am betting there is a way to install play store on M15... just like people do for say Huawei Mate 30 Pro which doesn't have the play store. There are ways :p
Not exactly. I have installed on dx220 and dx160 play store directly from the Apk Pure , but on the m11 and m11 pro you can downloaded but you can't install it. Hope M15 gone unlock for this process

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #18 of 77
Not exactly. I have installed on dx220 and dx160 play store directly from the Apk Pure , but on the m11 and m11 pro you can downloaded but you can't install it. Hope M15 gone unlock for this process

It's android, if someone put their mind to it, this will happen :)

Jan 18, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #20 of 77
Hmm... This looks like a pretty incredible DAP on paper but I do have few concerns.

It seems to be using the same screen as the M11 and M11 Pro which would be a huge disappointment. While the screen is okay on those (midrange) DAPs it's, IMO, unacceptable in a $1459 product. The screen in the M11 Pro was fine in terms of resolution but the color reproduction was incredibly dull IMO. Granted, I'm coming from an iPhone XS Max with a good OLED screen and my laptop has a Pantone-calibrated, 4k, AMOLED screen. I'm not expecting it to be as good as those products since it's meant to play music, rather than be a full multimedia device BUT, it doesn't look nearly as good as the screen in the iBasso DX160 (which is cheaper than the standard M11).

At almost $1500, I'd also expect Android with full Google Play/account support. I haven't seen the Android version mentioned anywhere yet, but if the screen is the same as the cheaper DAPs, then why wouldn't the operating system be the same?

It'll be interesting to see what other people think of the sound since the first impressions seem to be kind of meh.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 77
M11/Pro & M15 are quick by way of more ram and brute force it seems.

Wouldn't it be nice if they released source code as was done for X5 3rd Gen?

That thing is slick as butter now (for me).

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #26 of 77
Sound is the most important thing, but for $1349, the whole package matters.
At 1349 , it should have full Google play support . You never know if music services like Tidal will survive. Google play would allow other up and coming music services to be downloaded .
I will not buy a 1k device without access to all Android apps .

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #27 of 77
What do matter the most is the sound .. not the stupid screen ... :wink:

Of course, the sound is more important.
When a device is as expensive as the M15 is, it needs to do its primary function really well but everything else needs to be nice as well; especially the way you interface with the device.

Sound is the most important thing, but for $1349, the whole package matters.

That was my point. That's higher than many flagship smartphones.
Is that the official price? I see it on hifigo for $1459 so that's the price I mentioned in my first post.

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #28 of 77
Of course, the sound is more important.
When a device is as expensive as the M15 is, it needs to do its primary function really well but everything else needs to be nice as well; especially the way you interface with the device.

That was my point. That's higher than many flagship smartphones.
Is that the official price? I see it on hifigo for $1459 so that's the price I mentioned in my first post.
saw it at fiio.nl for 1399€ pre order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back