FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line in, share the same amp module with X7.
Nov 25, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #331 of 3,173

I heard that the x7's battery drains on WIFI, which is no good cos I listen to spotify 75% of the time. So I think I will wait for the Q5, as for headphones I am ok using my v-moda M80 as my genre is 90% R&B.

I think that X7's battery could be helped a little. But, firmware rvisions and future generations of x7 would probably be even better.

The actual x7, as it is is an end game DAP, but indeed, if you use wifi and listen over it, you might have a little less battery than you want. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #332 of 3,173

I heard that the x7's battery drains on WIFI, which is no good cos I listen to spotify 75% of the time. So I think I will wait for the Q5, as for headphones I am ok using my v-moda M80 as my genre is 90% R&B.

Battery life is getting better for me with the various updates (am installing one right now actually lol). The battery life isn't the best but its definitely not as bad as its made out to be. I use it a LOT for spotify. Will be adding the Bandcamp app once I can find the latest APK for it.

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #333 of 3,173
  We are developing a new DAC/AMP , it is our flagship DAC/AMP and there are some new features will be added as below, as usual, waiting for your feedback so we can make the best for your guys.

1, First Dual DAC in our line ups. the DAC has not decided yet, maybe dual 1792A or ESS9018K2M or ESS9018 but we are worry about the power consume.  

Hi James, any progress you could share on Q5? 
Would you kindly consider AKM AK4490 DAC chip for Q5?

Thanks!

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #335 of 3,173
Hi James, any progress you could share on Q5? 
Would you kindly consider AKM AK4490 DAC chip for Q5?

Thanks!

I thought the akm4490 was confirmed.

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #336 of 3,173
Out of curiosity, what amp module will the Q5 be using? I'm currently using the E18,and planning on getting the E12A to improve on the amp side of things.... But this Q5 has me wondering if I shouldn't maybe wait a little.

Something else I've been wondering, would it be possible to replace the DAC in the E18 with an ESS model?

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #337 of 3,173
Out of curiosity, what amp module will the Q5 be using? I'm currently using the E18,and planning on getting the E12A to improve on the amp side of things.... But this Q5 has me wondering if I shouldn't maybe wait a little.

Something else I've been wondering, would it be possible to replace the DAC in the E18 with an ESS model?

Q5 will be able to use all modules that X7, If you are asking what modules it comes with by default, that is not yet known, maybe the IEM module, so the same amp stage as E12A.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #338 of 3,173
Q5 will be able to use all modules that X7, If you are asking what modules it comes with by default, that is not yet known, maybe the IEM module, so the same amp stage as E12A.

The medium power module uses the Muses02, not the IEM. :wink:

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #339 of 3,173
The medium power module uses the Muses02, not the IEM.
wink.gif

I had no ideea they changed it. 

The last time I read X7 thread (the amp modules are the same) it was stated that it would come with the IEM module by default and it would be using muses02 op-amps. 

Then I am really curious what op-amps the other modules will be using, as I have high hopes that Q5 might end up being in my collection. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #340 of 3,173
I had no ideea they changed it. 

The last time I read X7 thread (the amp modules are the same) it was stated that it would come with the IEM module by default and it would be using muses02 op-amps. 

Then I am really curious what op-amps the other modules will be using, as I have high hopes that Q5 might end up being in my collection. 

Yup this confused me as well, as I assumed that the IEM module would essentially be an E12A

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #342 of 3,173
Quoting on mobile is hard...here's a screenshot!

Thanks!

This makes me wonder what Op-amps does IEM module use? 

Also this states that they are going to market muses02 module differently, though I do not understand why. 

Another thing that leaves an itch is if the high power will be dead silent, because that would be so sweet. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #343 of 3,173
Thanks!

This makes me wonder what Op-amps does IEM module use? 

Also this states that they are going to market muses02 module differently, though I do not understand why. 

Another thing that leaves an itch is if the high power will be dead silent, because that would be so sweet. 

Given that the E12A is dead silent, but honestly a bit too powerful for IEM's, they billed it in this way.
With 32-34 ohm headphones, I can get to around 12 o clock on the dial but past 1 o clock it's too loud.
On the X7 thread recently I thought I saw someone with a picture of the chips inside the IEM module...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back