FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #631 of 740
Cheers. One thing that's been lost in all my trials with attempting to use the Q15 USB connected with my phone is how damn great this thing sounds. I've managed to use it Bluetooth connected and USB connected to iPad.
I can confirm that with my S22 Ultra I have to set the tiny switch on the bottom of the Q15 to Phone Mode On, otherwise no sound at all.

I hope that helps!

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #632 of 740
Hello, please turn the “PHONE MODE” switch to "ON" and then turn the DESKTOP mode to "OFF" to see if the problem you mentioned will occur?

Don't worry about Q15 will come to brick after upgrade, it only appeared in the previous version of the machine, don't worry about it now!
Yes thanks, I can confirm that Phone Mode is switched to ON, and Desktop Mode is Off. I have consistently done this since the first day of having the Q15.

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #634 of 740
All sorted. Tweaked some settings as per Samsung(that'll teach me for playing about with the phone!) and then updated FW using @neobandog1 suggestion of opening new window to bypass security warning. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Edit - Daft question time. Does it matter which of the two supplied USB cables you use to play music back via the Q15? I find the small "decoding" cable a bit too small and therefore a bit restrictive. I'd much rather use the cable that is used for fast charging as it's less restrictive for movement.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #635 of 740
All sorted. Tweaked some settings as per Samsung(that'll teach me for playing about with the phone!) and then updated FW using @neobandog1 suggestion of opening new window to bypass security warning. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Edit - Daft question time. Does it matter which of the two supplied USB cables you use to play music back via the Q15? I find the small "decoding" cable a bit too small and therefore a bit restrictive. I'd much rather use the cable that is used for fast charging as it's less restrictive for movement.
I was listening to Q15 today and used the longer cable.

My assumption is that the shorter cable is for convenience of stacking the Q15 and a phone for on the go usage (so you don’t have a long cable flopping about).

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #636 of 740
I was listening to Q15 today and used the longer cable.

My assumption is that the shorter cable is for convenience of stacking the Q15 and a phone for on the go usage (so you don’t have a long cable flopping about).
Yeah that's what I thought as well but thought I'd check as the quick start guide does highlight what each cable is used for

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #639 of 740
Did you change between USB and BT when listening to the same song? There is a glitch that reactivates PEQ and thus applies a negative pre-amp value making the sound quieter.
This glitch is very real, don't forget to always cycle eq on, select a different eq preset, and then turn off. I do this every time before listening otherwise I'm left wondering why the sound quality got weird.

I can't open Fiios firnware link, the website just hangs loading for ages.. I recall a while back (years/months) Fiio had issues with their website (super slow requiring minutes just to load or not loading at all), seems they are still ongoing..

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #640 of 740
I can't open Fiios firnware link, the website just hangs loading for ages.. I recall a while back (years/months) Fiio had issues with their website (super slow requiring minutes just to load or not loading at all), seems they are still ongoing..
Here's direct download link

Mar 28, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #641 of 740
could someone already compare the soundstage depth and layering of the q15 with the questyle cma18? i would buy the latter, but it seems not to bypass the battery when connected via usb.

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #643 of 740
Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #645 of 740
Not buy owned mojo 2, gryphone, ifi black label dsd and many more....q15 is in same league for me and better than mojo 2 for my taste
yeah your taste. we know you like your warm thick sound, so its a bit of a claim to call anything best tbh. best to your liking doesnt mean its technically the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back