FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #616 of 741
The software used to update the firmware also shows the current version, so you can check it there without updating anything. In the menu it only shows the date of last update, not the version, which I agree is a weird choice.
Thanks. I'm out for most of the day now so I'll give it a go tomorrow

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #617 of 741
So the saga continues. Chrome will not download the link to the firmware, I can't see any messages, the link just doesn't seem to start. I tried Edge, the link was blocked as unsafe. Tried Firefox, again blocked due to potential security risk. It does give the option to allow the download though. It's an HTTP download according to the message on Firefox so I googled this and saw the following - "29 Dec 2022 — According to a recent code change by the company, Google Chrome is getting ready to provide a setting to restrict insecure HTTP downloads" Presumably other browsers are doing the same as Chrome and restricting these downloads.

Is this a known thing amongst the FiiO community? And do people just ignore these warnings?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #618 of 741
So the saga continues. Chrome will not download the link to the firmware, I can't see any messages, the link just doesn't seem to start. I tried Edge, the link was blocked as unsafe. Tried Firefox, again blocked due to potential security risk. It does give the option to allow the download though. It's an HTTP download according to the message on Firefox so I googled this and saw the following - "29 Dec 2022 — According to a recent code change by the company, Google Chrome is getting ready to provide a setting to restrict insecure HTTP downloads" Presumably other browsers are doing the same as Chrome and restricting these downloads.

Is this a known thing amongst the FiiO community? And do people just ignore these warnings?
Same . The only way i am able to download it was using my phone and then transfer the file to PC.

Mar 17, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #620 of 741
Jeez this is a shambles:jecklinsmile:I'm only wanting to attach a DAC to a phone and it's putting all kinds of obstacles in the way. I know it's a different player altogether but I've got a FiiO R9 and it runs like an absolute dream, FW updates go perfectly and easily.

Thanks for the replies about the download guys. Sorry @neobandog1 but I'm not really following what you have done to get it to work for you, I'm sure it all makes sense and I'm just being stupid!

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #624 of 741
Before I attempt the download of firmware I am waiting for Samsung to get back to me about the message on my phone that I mentioned yesterday in the thread - "High powered USB device connected. Unable to access this device. Connected device needs external power supply", just in case it is a setting that needs corrected, or something else they can suggest. Hopefully get a reply from them tomorrow morning. Has anybody else with a Samsung phone come across this message. Meantime I can still listen to Q15 using Bluetooth, or connected with USB to iPad.

Thanks for the continued support.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #625 of 741
Before I attempt the download of firmware I am waiting for Samsung to get back to me about the message on my phone that I mentioned yesterday in the thread - "High powered USB device connected. Unable to access this device. Connected device needs external power supply", just in case it is a setting that needs corrected, or something else they can suggest. Hopefully get a reply from them tomorrow morning. Has anybody else with a Samsung phone come across this message. Meantime I can still listen to Q15 using Bluetooth, or connected with USB to iPad.

Thanks for the continued support.
Sorry if you've mentioned this previously, but do you have desktop mode on or off?

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #628 of 741
I assume this is the correct answer? :relaxed:
To the best of my knowledge!!!

I got my Q15 a few days ago but actually haven't tried it yet, only having (successfully) update the firmware. I will try it on my Samsung s22 Ultra tonight and I'll let you know if I have a problem or not.

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #629 of 741
To the best of my knowledge!!!

I got my Q15 a few days ago but actually haven't tried it yet, only having (successfully) update the firmware. I will try it on my Samsung s22 Ultra tonight and I'll let you know if I have a problem or not.
Cheers. One thing that's been lost in all my trials with attempting to use the Q15 USB connected with my phone is how damn great this thing sounds. I've managed to use it Bluetooth connected and USB connected to iPad.

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #630 of 741
Cheers. One thing that's been lost in all my trials with attempting to use the Q15 USB connected with my phone is how damn great this thing sounds. I've managed to use it Bluetooth connected and USB connected to iPad.
Hello, please turn the “PHONE MODE” switch to "ON" and then turn the DESKTOP mode to "OFF" to see if the problem you mentioned will occur?

Don't worry about Q15 will come to brick after upgrade, it only appeared in the previous version of the machine, don't worry about it now!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back