FiiO newsflash: James’ latest firmware update cures cancer (we hope)
Dec 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Amid the ongoing exchange between X3 firmware updates and requests for more updates, James of FiiO has found himself in need of some firmware updating himself. Last month, his routine body check turned up an abnormal growth in his lung. Further inspection showed it to be early stage lung cancer.

You may notice that James hasn’t been posting here these last few days. He has had to wind down his work, take more rest, and tomorrow he is going to the hospital in preparation for having his lung operated on to take out the tumor. Here’s to hoping that this firmware update on James will actually cure cancer so that the next firmware update by James and his team will cure those pesky library update issues and maybe the common cold as well :xf_eek:

On a more serious note, James hopes to recover from surgery soon and be back working with his team and posting among us sooner than later :cool: Moreover, he would like to thank everyone for their support to FiiO in general and him in particular :)

update 10 December 2013: the surgery was successful and the incision has been confirmed to be free of infections. Looking forward to seeing James out of the hospital :cool:

Update 11 December 2013: I just received word from James today that the tumor that was extracted wasn't really a tumor, but just something that could maybe possibly become a tumor in the future (I don't know what to make of the Chinese term he gave me, much less translate it to English) :xf_eek: The doctors were supposedly convinced it was cancer going into the operation. Were the doctors just not sure? Is this precursor thingy something you want to remove ASAP or were James and all of us all had by the Chinese doctors? I dunno :p But the good news is since this was never cancer in the first place, there no chance for a relapse :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 80
wow! first he installed the JoeBlogs (tm) English Service Pack and now this!

Thats what i call service!

keep it up Fiio!

Good luck!

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 80
Amid the ongoing exchange between X3 firmware updates and requests for more updates, James of FiiO has found himself in need of some firmware updating himself. Last month, his routine body check turned up an abnormal growth in his lung. Further inspection showed it to be early stage lung cancer.

You may notice that James hasn’t been posting here these last few days. He has had to wind down his work, take more rest, and tomorrow he is going to the hospital in preparation for having his lung operated on to take out the tumor. Here’s to hoping that this firmware update on James will actually cure cancer so that the next firmware update by James and his team will cure those pesky library update issues and maybe the common cold as well
redface.gif

On a more serious note, James hopes to recover from surgery soon and be back working with his team and posting among us sooner than later
cool.gif
Moreover, he would like to thank everyone for their support to FiiO in general and him in particular
smily_headphones1.gif

WHAT LUNG CANCER... how did I miss that?

I hope he get's better soon! 

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 80
James really cancer?? I really hope everything goes well with the operation... and no metastatis!

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #14 of 80
Best of luck james im sure this comunity will be thinking about you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back