FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Feb 5, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,006 of 3,739
Quote:

Hi
smile.gif

it would Be possible to have  an option of low gain so that to be able to use the e12 with iem? 

In this way there is a possibility of greater excursion pot volume avoiding problems; i think to decompensation channels and/or accidental movements that may damage iem and/or ear.
etysmile.gif

tongue.gif

cool.gif

Thanks 

There already is one.

There isn't any number lower than 0 for gain in terms of gaining.

The E12 wasn't mean for IEM's.

You can use them with it, but some may hiss, others may be too sensitive.

E17 will work with more IEM's.

Don't worry or worry less about that.

The E12's volume pot was either designed or was by chance good already in that.

It is extremely hard to turn the pot when you have only one finger trying to turn it. IT is a bit sticky during the lower turns but gets looser as you get up top.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #1,007 of 3,739
Quote:
-x-
I dare say I enjoy it more than my Mangi/Modi stack at the moment.
-x-

wow... that's huge statement... 

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #1,008 of 3,739
First, finally I changed my ID from feiao to JamesFiiO. and I can still keep all my posts in the past years.

About the bass boost feature in Mont Blanc, we decide to change the design, as you can see , the current frequency response is as below

The curve of the new bass boost will change to the red line

it means the center frequency of the bass boost will move from 20Hz to 50Hz, compare with the bass boost in E11, the center frequency is about 70Hz.

The reason that some people does not feel very good about the bass boost in Mont Blanc is because there are very few bass less than 50hz so the bass

boost does not really help to enhance the bass in most song tracks. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #1,011 of 3,739
Quote:
First, finally I changed my ID from feiao to JamesFiiO. and I can still keep all my posts in the past years.

About the bass boost feature in Mont Blanc, we decide to change the design, as you can see , the current frequency response is as below

it means the center frequency of the bass boost will move from 20Hz to 50Hz, compare with the bass boost in E11, the center frequency is about 70Hz.

The reason that some people does not feel very good about the bass boost in Mont Blanc is because there are very few bass less than 50hz so the bass

When will the new ones be available for purchase? I just got my E12 yesterday and as much as I like the subtlety of the bass boost, I think I would prefer one of the new design. If it will be available soon then I would like to return the one I have. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,014 of 3,739
Quote:

beerchug.gif
  Thank you for listening.  I hope it translates into big sales volume for FiiO.  When will these be available?  How will we know if we are purchasing one of the revised bass units?  I will place my order as soon as it is available.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #1,015 of 3,739
hmm...I have to admit that I was pretty turned off by the initial stats and impressions for the bass boost. this new announcement changes everything.

I have a question about it not being 'meant for iem's'. so that means I should look elsewhere to upgrade from an e11 for my GR07's and my original Monster Miles Davis?

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #1,018 of 3,739
Quote:

are you going to change the gain and crossfeed switches as well?

Quote:
If you want an E12 and want current bass boost. Buy one now.

----
@james
Will you silk screen it a tiny bit different so that i can tell others what to look for if they want to know which version they bought?

buy one and have it shipped here? no thanks :p

that would cost more than 120usd lol

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #1,019 of 3,739
@JamesFiiO

I, like many, wasnt completely sold on the E12 at first because of the original bass boost... But now that I see the change in the FR graph I have a suggestion, I think having both bass boost options would be great for different genres, adding a bit of dynamic difference between the bass boosts, rather than a different quantity in bass boost.

Otherwise, I'm not sure which id prefer given I listen to a fair amount of drum and bass and classic rock and metal, so, the new bass boost might be better for the latter but the original bass boost would be better for the former.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back