FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Oct 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #226 of 3,739
Haven't paid enough attention to test scientifically, but I think even my lowly E5 outlasts my iPod 5th Gen's battery. So if my iPod needs charging, I charge the FiiO too, never been an issue the way I use it.

The only time I run out of Amp battery is if I've been amping my gaming setup with it after a few sessions using the FiiO with my iPod first. And it's not like an Amp is an emergency device anyway.

All that said, however, a low battery indicator can only be good :)

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #227 of 3,739
Quote:
meet some trouble to update information on the first page, anyway, the first shot of Mont blanc in the world. still need to fix the mold to make it perfect.

WOW, look at that! I love the silver around the jack opening, looks like machined aluminum.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #228 of 3,739
Quote:
WOW, look at that! I love the silver around the jack opening, looks like machined aluminum.

Also look at the edges on the sides, very "iphone 5-like" in a very good way :
etysmile.gif

PS: btw where is the LED indicator for low battery?

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #229 of 3,739
I'm kind of jelly because i still have to use mah E9/E7 (which i think looks miles better than the E17) But I agree this is just beautiful.  Oh wow I just saw it runs off of AAA batteries lololol -10000 coolness points.  I know they make rechargable batteries but really how much more would it cost to just put a non replaceable LiPo in there? I would think it would make it quite a bit thinner too.

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #230 of 3,739
Quote:
meet some trouble to update information on the first page, anyway, the first shot of Mont blanc in the world. still need to fix the mold to make it perfect.

I had no idea that Fiio is into rubber bondage, at least Fiio is a top and not a bottom.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #231 of 3,739
I had no idea that Fiio is into rubber bondage, at least Fiio is a top and not a bottom.

Ah-h-h-ha... Do I declare that awkward, or do I ask "what's wrong with being a bottom?"

Oh, and LingLingJr,
The AAA's are not only easier to replace when "out in the wild" and away from charging outlets, but AAA batteries offer better, more consistent charge as the battery runs low. Don't worry, it's already been debated.

Masterfully.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #234 of 3,739
They have the E18 for that(not yet released). E12 is just a portable headphone amplifier. It will not use USB OTG digital LPCM data from any smartphones. Only analog. 

^^^ Like he said. The E12 will just be a (powerful,) amp, not a DAC for portable devices. Would be highly interesting to compare to an O2, though the O2 is a bit larger.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #237 of 3,739
Quote:
Ah-h-h-ha... Do I declare that awkward, or do I ask "what's wrong with being a bottom?"

The Fiio E12 should be named Frank, the one on the bottom should be named Rocky.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #238 of 3,739
The Fiio E12 should be named Frank, the one on the bottom should be named Rocky.

Oh, but isn't it nice!

>_>
<_<

Just plz don't mention Prof Everett.

And bowei,
Thanks for the offer! From ClieOS's review, it sounded like the E11 was of the same transparent sound signature as the O2, just a bit less powerful and refined, and now that an E12 is on the way with more power and refinement, plus a more portable form factor...

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #239 of 3,739
Quote:
Oh, but isn't it nice!
>_>
<_<
Just plz don't mention Prof Everett.

I've seen the movie about 300 times, mostly dressed as Rocky.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #240 of 3,739
Quote:
^^^ Like he said. The E12 will just be a (powerful,) amp, not a DAC for portable devices. Would be highly interesting to compare to an O2, though the O2 is a bit larger.

i will make this comparison to a Epiphany O2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back