FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Aug 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #91 of 3,739
Quote:
When I receive my E12 I'll personally do this with some cheap headphones from the $1 bin. I doubt anyone would think that $1 IEMs that is only capable of taking 20mw max is the same as a CIEM or something.

Let's hope the E12 will make dreams come true and will like the E11 redefine teh budget market once again...but now in the mid fi market! 

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #92 of 3,739
might i ask, what headphones are you using for your r&d? i heard that fiio used hd650s for the e9 testing, but i dont know if it is entirely true.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #94 of 3,739
Quote:

waiting for E19, when E19 will released world wide? 

I think it may take a bit.

http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=233

The E17 is kinda new. That articles shows units FiiO will be demoing to customers at fairs soon. It seems they are putting out and giving demonstrations for all the units they can get running at the time. As it says Prototype. Since it doesn't appear, I'll guess it's not even ready for a late year prototype.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #95 of 3,739
I am anxious to hear more about the E12.  I am in the market for a new headphone amp.  I have been going up...E3 to E6 next to E12?

I know that it is said over $100 and less than $200.  I can't see it costing as much as a E17.  I am hoping for some good first impressions....

Good on FiiO to keep the product rollout coming.  I like to see companies getting better and for the price they have my support! :)

PS: Is Focalprice.com an authorized dealer?  I just bought a L9 from them.  The others I bought from the authorized dealer in Canada.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #96 of 3,739
I can't see it costing as much as a E17.

You'll be surprised how expensive "good" parts can go. Opamp can go for a few cent to $50.each. :wink:

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #97 of 3,739
Quote:
You'll be surprised how expensive "good" parts can go. Opamp can go for a few cent to $50.each.
wink.gif

In Hong Kong, authentic Elite op amps from RS or somethign were like a few dollars if I remember. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #98 of 3,739
Quote:
I am anxious to hear more about the E12.  I am in the market for a new headphone amp.  I have been going up...E3 to E6 next to E12?

I know that it is said over $100 and less than $200.  I can't see it costing as much as a E17.  I am hoping for some good first impressions....

Good on FiiO to keep the product rollout coming.  I like to see companies getting better and for the price they have my support! :)

PS: Is Focalprice.com an authorized dealer?  I just bought a L9 from them.  The others I bought from the authorized dealer in Canada.

The price is depended on what OP amp , one OPA627 cost from $12.5 to $62.9, you can calculate how much will be cost for two OPA627.

The production of such op amp for hi end audio is very limited so hard to buy it in very cheap price. the price ban be check on TI

http://www.ti.com/product/opa627

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #100 of 3,739
Quote:
I wonder what the E18 is going to be like. Is it just the E17 with Android digital out capabilities? 

FiiO would usually improve on their designs even more.

I think a bigger question is how it will work? Is it some new univeral device that works with every Android device with OTG support no matter what!? Does it require Cyanogen!? And lots of other questions.

Also...we need a cool name. We are currently on Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean 

So FiiO E18 Jordan? In recognition of the Jordan river? Doesn't always have to be mountain maybe but it sounds cool to have a Android DAC with a letter following something that Google is doing with

CUPCAKE
DONUT
ECLAIR
FROYO
GINGERBREAD
HONEYCOMB
ICE CREAM SANDWHICH
JELLY BEAN

They are in alphabetical order in case it wasn't clear

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #102 of 3,739
Quote:

The price is depended on what OP amp , one OPA627 cost from $12.5 to $62.9, you can calculate how much will be cost for two OPA627.

The production of such op amp for hi end audio is very limited so hard to buy it in very cheap price. the price ban be check on TI

http://www.ti.com/product/opa627

Thanks for the link.  I didn't know how much the op amps go for.  At most I've heard is $20.  I know FiiO can keep the $$$ down for this amp :wink:

Thanks again for the info!

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #103 of 3,739
I was thinking of picking up an E17 for my laptop. Should I be waiting for the E18 or E19? 

As an aside, I have a Galaxy Nexus. I thought the issue with USB Audio on Android devices was a driver issue. What does Parall3l mean by the E18 is going to allow for Android digital out? What does the DAC (FiiO)  have to do with anything?

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #104 of 3,739
FiiO!
I love the name, it was very interesting even before learning the meaning to it. And how could someone not like "I believe I can fly," it's a great uplifting song! Too bad the song has been used for an ironic joke about people or things that have failed to fly. Feiao, the name and Logo are great for identifying your brand, you should be proud!

On the E12, I think it will be very interesting when it's released November/December (on the typical Western calendar, I'm mildly curious what that would be on the Chinese calendar?). Between $100-$200 USD seems reasonable for a product selling alongside the other portables, I'd assume that at its level of quality the price will have about the same relation to the E17 as the current E11 has with the E7.
I'm not sure I see the strength of the target market though... I understand that the E12 is going to be a very powerful yet very slim portable amp, but by the time a consumer needs such an amp, aren't they using a full-size headphone such as an AKG K702 or Sennheiser 650HD? My point is why would you use an amp and music source that fits in your pocket when it is made for headphones you wouldn't walk around wearing anyway? Feel free to explain.
That said, I do believe it is good for the FiiO company to have a "flagship" amp to make a statement about what they believe is a top-quality amp. Kind of like how the Bugatti Veyron car is a statement vehicle for Volkswagon, though it is completely impractical even to those who can satisfy any whim. Now, the E12 wouldn't be at that extreme, but it would represent what the engineers are capable of designing for quality while at an economy price unmatched by other portable amp boutiques. I think that, even if it wouldn't be as popular as the cheaper E6/E11 or a desktop amp, it would make a statement that will influence the market.

With everything I've said about audiophile headphones being more "Transportable" than portable (typically), I'm still considering the E11 or E12 as an all-around amp to use on the go with my car and closed headphones and at home with my AKG Q701... Or is the product lineup intended to serve me as getting an E9 or E09k for my reference headphone, while getting an E6 for portable use? Either way, I've been very happy with the L3, L11, and E5 products FiiO made for my needs so far :) L11 feeding music from my iPod, to my E5, which gives extra juice to my car's weak receiver, has made it sound like I put in a whole new speaker system for just $35

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #105 of 3,739
Quote:
FiiO!
I love the name, it was very interesting even before learning the meaning to it. And how could someone not like "I believe I can fly," it's a great uplifting song! Too bad the song has been used for an ironic joke about people or things that have failed to fly. Feiao, the name and Logo are great for identifying your brand, you should be proud!
On the E12, I think it will be very interesting when it's released November/December (on the typical Western calendar, I'm mildly curious what that would be on the Chinese calendar?). Between $100-$200 USD seems reasonable for a product selling alongside the other portables, I'd assume that at its level of quality the price will have about the same relation to the E17 as the current E11 has with the E7.
I'm not sure I see the strength of the target market though... I understand that the E12 is going to be a very powerful yet very slim portable amp, but by the time a consumer needs such an amp, aren't they using a full-size headphone such as an AKG K702 or Sennheiser 650HD? My point is why would you use an amp and music source that fits in your pocket when it is made for headphones you wouldn't walk around wearing anyway? Feel free to explain.
That said, I do believe it is good for the FiiO company to have a "flagship" amp to make a statement about what they believe is a top-quality amp. Kind of like how the Bugatti Veyron car is a statement vehicle for Volkswagon, though it is completely impractical even to those who can satisfy any whim. Now, the E12 wouldn't be at that extreme, but it would represent what the engineers are capable of designing for quality while at an economy price unmatched by other portable amp boutiques. I think that, even if it wouldn't be as popular as the cheaper E6/E11 or a desktop amp, it would make a statement that will influence the market.
With everything I've said about audiophile headphones being more "Transportable" than portable (typically), I'm still considering the E11 or E12 as an all-around amp to use on the go with my car and closed headphones and at home with my AKG Q701... Or is the product lineup intended to serve me as getting an E9 or E09k for my reference headphone, while getting an E6 for portable use? Either way, I've been very happy with the L3, L11, and E5 products FiiO made for my needs so far
smily_headphones1.gif
L11 feeding music from my iPod, to my E5, which gives extra juice to my car's weak receiver, has made it sound like I put in a whole new speaker system for just $35

We have the same calendar. They are approx 12 hours ahead in the time of things but if it's December..unless you are at top or end of the month, the Chinese will be in december too.

E12 does look promising but I won't be taking my 701's anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back