FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Apr 4, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #1,771 of 3,739
Quote:
No they are not.

Micca (TekFX)
Parts express
Headroom
Hifiman
JDS LAbs
J and R
Think Geek

are the mains ones that sell FiiO(there are like 10 more but they didn't seem to be as big named sellers as these)

Micca has free shipping and good warranty

Bummer
frown.gif

I was hoping they were because like I said... I'd rather purchase from Amazon. I might just give it a shot, anyways. I can always just check the serial number on the Fiio website. If it's not legit, then I just return it without having to pay for return shipping.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #1,772 of 3,739
Bummer :frowning2:

I was hoping they were because like I said... I'd rather purchase from Amazon. I might just give it a shot, anyways. I can always just check the serial number on the Fiio website. If it's not legit, then I just return it without having to pay for shipping.
There are very few fake FiiO's

They most likely purchased them somehow from somewhere and are selling them.

They just aren't authorized.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,773 of 3,739
Quote:
There are very few fake FiiO's

They most likely purchased them somehow from somewhere and are selling them.

They just aren't authorized.

Great news, then
smile.gif

Thanks! I'll be purchasing one, soon...

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #1,774 of 3,739
received e12 in uk yesterday and my hd650 sounds thicker now. bass has more substance, mid is more forward and high is relaxing. it is a good amp.

bass boost on, crossfeed off and gain off

People often don't state this in their impressions. What are you comparing the HD650's sound to with your E12 impressions?

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #1,775 of 3,739
Quote:
People often don't state this in their impressions. What are you comparing the HD650's sound to with your E12 impressions?

as i said this is my first amp, so i compared it to Asus G53 (gaming laptop) and iPod Video 30gb. >.> but they forgot to mail me L3 cable along, so I will get it later today. then i will compare it before and after amp from iPod.

edited: because i didn't have LOD yet, so when amp using 3.5mm-3.5mm the sound signature is same as describe but the separation is... lets say there is no separation
size]

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #1,777 of 3,739
Quote:

On the back/bottom of the unit you should see the output voltage/current specs. Anything that outputs 5V (+/- 5%) with at least 500mA should be fine.

Thanks. The print was so tiny on my Samsung usb chargers, that I had to take macro shots and enlarge them to see that info. What I have:

- Samsung Galaxy Tab2 charger: 5V 2A
- Samsung Galaxy S2 charger: 5V 1A
- cheapo ebay charger: 5.2V 800mA

The 5V 2A chargers way faster than the other.

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #1,778 of 3,739
Quote:
Bummer
frown.gif

I was hoping they were because like I said... I'd rather purchase from Amazon. I might just give it a shot, anyways. I can always just check the serial number on the Fiio website. If it's not legit, then I just return it without having to pay for return shipping.

Micca is a seller on Amazon. Some of the others may be, as well.

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #1,780 of 3,739
Quote:

On the back/bottom of the unit you should see the output voltage/current specs. Anything that outputs 5V (+/- 5%) with at least 500mA should be fine.

its already scratched off xD the charger is really old. i searched the net abit and i think this is the one that i have at home

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD836LL/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG-PLA

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #1,781 of 3,739
Got my E12 down under in Australia from Noisy Motel today. Just picked it up from the post office and am really enjoying it.

It's quite leaps and bounds over the E11. I don't notice any white noise and the bass adds quite that extra thump.

It's also just nice to be able to use it while charging, heh.

Using it with Fisher Audio FA-003's, iPod Touch 4th Gen.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,782 of 3,739
its already scratched off xD the charger is really old. i searched the net abit and i think this is the one that i have at home

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD836LL/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG-PLA

That's the new 12W charger bundled with the iPad Retina (iPad 4), a revised version of the 10W charger shipped with the New iPad (iPad 3). They do look the same.

You may find old iPod chargers and some iPhone chargers with the same shell (and a lower wattage). These power adapters won't damage the E12. I really don't know if a 12V or 13V power supply can damage the E12. :frowning2: I've never seen an electrical appliance that can adjust the input voltage requirements automatically depending on the power supply in use (it should be noted that the E12 should be fed with a 14V power adapter).

I'm really starting to wonder what kind of power adapter it is lol. I've found infos about some even older and bulkier power supplies which had a 13V/650mA output but those things used firewire ports instead of USB. :confused:

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the E12 paired with the E17 and my X1s. This combo sounds a tad darker than my ordinary desktop rig (Bifrost + G109 + X1), as it should be expected. I'm listening to Audio, Video, Disco and I really like it! ^^

Apr 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #1,783 of 3,739
I really want one of these. Just a few more weeks until I can get this and the HRT MS II for my laptop setup. I am waiting ever so patiently
cool.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,784 of 3,739
Just received mine today from HDPHNS Netherlands, I live in Belgium.

This was the sound I was hoping for and I got it right from the start.  Potent, authoritative, oodles of reserve power.  And I've only just started using it 
bigsmile_face.gif
 The amount of bass that gets added by using the boost switch is like the slice of pie you take after a big meal,  not too much but just enough.  I like the level of detail this amp is showing me in the music that I'm hearing.  This is only my second amp, my first being a cheap chinese design with "Yours Audio Dreams" written on the back.  They even sold it to me without the original high-end opamp inside, I had to solder that one in myself.  Not so for the E12 : It does what it says on the can.  

The tick of that tiny relay a second or so after turning the volume up is so cute it sends me over the moon.  It makes me love engineers who know what they are doing.  They choose to tighten that screw on the volume knop so it takes effort to turn it.  They make sure the speed of the flashing of the charge light informs you of the amounts of juice you're feeding your precious.  And best of all, they steal pieces of heaven which the E12 shoots straight into your ears.

Fiio, thanks for the past couple of hours and everything to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back