FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 31, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #1,096 of 2,501
How do I get back to the main FiiO music (library) (albums, artists) page when playing a song. It's very awkward to have to keep hitting the back button, etc. Swiping from the bottom returns to home page but if a song is playing that pops up when you go to FiiO music.

thx

bob

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #1,097 of 2,501
Congrats and great to hear

1: Unfortunately you can not customize what the in-line buttons of your headhones do. This isn't up to the music player, its a standard

2: You can not re-order. :frowning2: You can remove by going into settings.

3: You can give FiiO a shout but I don't think this really suits the M9. It would barely be readable.

Are you using the latest spotify APK?

uninstall the app and get the latest one off a trusted APK Mirror website of your choosing. Drop the APK (copy pasta) from PC onto the SD card and then use the built in file browser app to tap and install it.

Obviously this would re-delete your stuff but give it a try.

Thanks for the reply Bowei006 - I appreciate it :)

1. With the in-line buttons, I realise these are standard across such headphone designs but, as a button is simply sending an electrical signal down to the player which says ‘I pushed button #1, it’s a shame that software at the player end cannot give the option of decideing what that button means...... the only reason it means ‘volume’ is because the software in the player decides that this is what it means.

2. It’s a shame about the re-ordering. I’m personally OK now as I’m just using the music app, settings and Spotify and due to me deleting an app I don’t use, my sense of tidiness is happy as everything needed is on the first screen :). I’m sure others would appreciate this mod if FIIO are willing to do it :)

3. Audible is actually an audiobook player - I agree that actually reading text on the M9 wouldn’t be worth it :)

Regarding Spotify, thanks for this suggestion. The one I put on is the one I installed from the FIIO website. I am not sure how I begin to find out if that’s the most modern one or not and I’m very nervous about downloads these days..... when I was searching for it, I opted for the FIIO version as I figured it would be safe and recent but if you’re able to suggest somewhere reliable I’ll give this a go :)

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #1,098 of 2,501
Hi,

Did anyone tried BGVP DMG wih M9? I was reading reviews and it was mentioned that M9 is not that quiet when paired with sensitive IEMs. I tried DMG with iBasso DX120 and hiss was very noticeable so I’m wondering is it the same with M9.

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #1,100 of 2,501
I joined to the club:

0soL2Im.jpg

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #1,101 of 2,501
Thanks for the reply Bowei006 - I appreciate it :)

1. With the in-line buttons, I realise these are standard across such headphone designs but, as a button is simply sending an electrical signal down to the player which says ‘I pushed button #1, it’s a shame that software at the player end cannot give the option of decideing what that button means...... the only reason it means ‘volume’ is because the software in the player decides that this is what it means.

2. It’s a shame about the re-ordering. I’m personally OK now as I’m just using the music app, settings and Spotify and due to me deleting an app I don’t use, my sense of tidiness is happy as everything needed is on the first screen :). I’m sure others would appreciate this mod if FIIO are willing to do it :)

3. Audible is actually an audiobook player - I agree that actually reading text on the M9 wouldn’t be worth it :)

Regarding Spotify, thanks for this suggestion. The one I put on is the one I installed from the FIIO website. I am not sure how I begin to find out if that’s the most modern one or not and I’m very nervous about downloads these days..... when I was searching for it, I opted for the FIIO version as I figured it would be safe and recent but if you’re able to suggest somewhere reliable I’ll give this a go :)

1: That is inded true but FiiO is leveraging the Android OS and standardized things quite a bit here. You can note that to them as a feature maybe. Send them an email :)

2: They might have disabled it or something. :/

3: Forgot that, my bad. Send that as a suggested app for their engineer to check out in your email as well

Just found this

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download

Which is a later version than the one in the FIIO downloads section. Worth a try :). I haven’t had the memory issue since I posted but then I haven’t turned the M9 off so, with th current version, I think that rebooting *might* be what is triggering the behaviour.

For anyone that sees that link. Do note you are taking risk yourself verifying that is a legit APP. No one is able to verify authenticity of those APKs you download so do be careful and note that.

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,103 of 2,501
For anyone that sees that link. Do note you are taking risk yourself verifying that is a legit APP. No one is able to verify authenticity of those APKs you download so do be careful and note that.

I am concerned about 'where to download from safely' too. I have downloaded it, currently doing full virus and malware sweep.... But it'd be better for sure if either Spotify themselves hosted the apk or if FIIO ensured the one they have on their download section is updated..... After all, if you cannot use the Play store due to the M9 architecture then a little help with the safety aspects would be very welcome.

Did find this which gives some comfort of the source but, as I'm a relative newbie with Android, I'd still prefer official downloads from FIIO
https://www.quora.com/Is-Uptodown-a...loading-apps-instead-of-the-Google-Play-store

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,104 of 2,501
I am concerned about 'where to download from safely' too. I have downloaded it, currently doing full virus and malware sweep.... But it'd be better for sure if either Spotify themselves hosted the apk or if FIIO ensured the one they have on their download section is updated..... After all, if you cannot use the Play store due to the M9 architecture then a little help with the safety aspects would be very welcome.

There's really on alternative haha. First party usually never provides the APK. These APKs you see are ripped from official ones that were caught and extracted from the formal downloading process. But they are APKs so you can't actually see what is executing.

I'm 90% sure FiiO themselves is also using a mirror site to download and then doing some light verifying of some hash or crypto that its a legit variant.

TBF, most of these mirror sites are legit and any malware infused apps wouldn't do much on the M9. You have no personal data on it and any local data it would wreck havoc on would possibly just be the SD. Android is fairly locked down and can help prevent unauth file access from apps though.

No need to wear a tin foil hat, im just warning others to keep it in mind.

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #1,106 of 2,501
Are these red DMGs on the photo? How are they paired with M9?

Yeah its DMG, it sounds just fine to me. I cant hear a huge difference compared to my phone but i think its "warms up" the sound a little bit

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #1,108 of 2,501
The M9 doesn't seem to drive my Sony WH Xm1000 very well. I have to put the volume up to almost 97 for any reasonable comfortable sound. Do you think I need an amp for this. If so, what would you recommend.The headphones are in bluetooth mode. Thank you

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,109 of 2,501
The M9 doesn't seem to drive my Sony WH Xm1000 very well. I have to put the volume up to almost 97 for any reasonable comfortable sound. Do you think I need an amp for this. If so, what would you recommend.The headphones are in bluetooth mode. Thank you
The Sony has built in amps for each driver, so the M9 doesn’t actually need to do much to drive it. Not sure what the problem can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back