FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 31, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,111 of 2,501
The M9 doesn't seem to drive my Sony WH Xm1000 very well. I have to put the volume up to almost 97 for any reasonable comfortable sound. Do you think I need an amp for this. If so, what would you recommend.The headphones are in bluetooth mode. Thank you

That's not the M9 doing anything son. That's the headphone itself amplifying itself.

Try direct 3.5mm from M9 to WH if you want power.

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,112 of 2,501
I tried the direct balanced out put 2.5 mm to the WH and the sound was terrific. But I want the same sound or near to it with the bluetooth as well. I like this when I go to the gymn for instance not to have any wires. I also tried direct the other output and the sound was not that great. It was similar to that of the Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #1,113 of 2,501
How do I get back to the main FiiO music (library) (albums, artists) page when playing a song. It's very awkward to have to keep hitting the back button, etc. Swiping from the bottom returns to home page but if a song is playing that pops up when you go to FiiO music.

thx

bob

Anyone, please? Simple question but big issue for me.

thx

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,114 of 2,501
I tried the direct balanced out put 2.5 mm to the WH and the sound was terrific. But I want the same sound or near to it with the bluetooth as well. I like this when I go to the gymn for instance not to have any wires. I also tried direct the other output and the sound was not that great. It was similar to that of the Bluetooth.

That's now how this works KGS.

When you use Bluetooth, you are using the DAC, Amp and internal circuitry of the WH. The BT is just a digital transmission method. You are not able to get anything from the M9's sound sig from it.

You can't impart the sound of the M9 on the WH's when used in BT mode. Loudness, sound signature, and other things you hear with the WH in BT mode is simply something you have to live with.

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,115 of 2,501
That's now how this works KGS.

When you use Bluetooth, you are using the DAC, Amp and internal circuitry of the WH. The BT is just a digital transmission method. You are not able to get anything from the M9's sound sig from it.

You can't impart the sound of the M9 on the WH's when used in BT mode. Loudness, sound signature, and other things you hear with the WH in BT mode is simply something you have to live with.

Will a headphone amp improve the volume of the music.

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #1,116 of 2,501
Anyone, please? Simple question but big issue for me.

thx

Swipe on the left side of the screen from left down corner to left Upper corner.
Swipe on the right side brings you back to main screen.

Guys you need to relax and play more with the device. :wink:
Happy New Year!

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #1,117 of 2,501

How many times....
The amp for your Bluetooth headphone is in the headphone. There is no amp for boosting up Bluetooth Signal. Put the M9 to 120 and adjust the Volume on your headphone to the desired maximum, then you can tune down the volume using the M9. There is no harm in adjusting the M9 to 120 as it is all in the digital domain.

Happy New Year.

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,118 of 2,501

QcufKbE.png

Yes, that is what an amp is for.

The only way to boost the volume of your WH if the Bluetooth is not loud enough is to use a wire from the M9 to the WH.

There is no way to boost the amp/volume of the WH when using Bluetooth unless you are going to break it open, have electrical schematics (or can test/prong pins to determine what is what), and have the know how to wire a small in-line amplifier between the circuits and provide power for that amplifier.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #1,120 of 2,501
I own the SONY NWA45 and the sound through the Bluetooth is great. Why can this be and not true for the fiio m9.
HI,im planing in.biying the.new sony nw a55 over the m9 mainly because the longer batterie life and the faster UI.I suppose that the a55 sounds similar to your a45 so how is the sound quality?Also what is the spec of the power output for 16ohm.
THX AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,121 of 2,501
I own the SONY NWA45 and the sound through the Bluetooth is great. Why can this be and not true for the fiio m9.

THP3d05SFhdRvLOKLs2gqUFz0THCvIe10gufubJGDV2XdWQOGjgCmk-Xv-oy3g6MEWOF_QGjS03cGG0mUl4WFHM3dxVEkEHk8PnvC4swysB6ObiXzCOb-_DAEKTPf0EysdV68YuzNROK3gw0JRlbdg

All BT is is a wireless digital transmission format. The 'volume' scrolling some devices allow you to turn on your source is fake and done so on the headphone side.

The sound volume with both DAPs at max 'volume' over BT to the WH should be the same on the WH.

Jan 1, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #1,124 of 2,501
Playing time 8-10 hours for SE depending on the volume you are using.
Balanced I do not know, probably less?

Jan 1, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #1,125 of 2,501
Hi! finally when I had planned to buy the Fiio M9 and bgvp m6 I read on earlier post that there is not a huge difference connecting the iem to the phone directly.
I'm a little surprised because the fiio is a dedicated player so if the improvement is no good enought I think that maybe is a better and cheaper choice to buy nothing but the iem's -or maybe to power them a little with something like btr3- since you always carry the mobile with you (mine is a moto g 2015 who plays flac and has aptx).

As you well see I'm a noob in this world so sorry if a misunderstand all the thing.

Btw, happy new year!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back