FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 28, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,070 of 2,501
Hi friends. Sorry for my English.

Have anyone noticed when turn on the equalizer the sound goes down? Is it right?

Thanks.
Yes, most equalizers drop volume by 3dB to 6dB to avoid clipping. Would be nice to have the option to disable this ‘feature’ in the M9.

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #1,071 of 2,501
How about a FiiO Apple Watch app

Volume / next track / album artwork Graphic + more

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #1,072 of 2,501
Hi friends. Sorry for my English.

Have anyone noticed when turn on the equalizer the sound goes down? Is it right?

Thanks.
Remember. A normal (graphic) equalizer decreases or increases a band here by a min or max. of 6dB. If you have files around 0 dB, a level increasing by +6dB will adding a clipping. This is the reason why most EQ's have a pre-gain do decrease the volume by - x dB to prevent clipping. Another good method to prevent clipping for normal music files such FLAC 16 bit, you can use a replayGain flag (standard of foobar settings is around 89 dB). This is enough headroom for a normal EQ setting).

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #1,073 of 2,501
I’m having a problem with Spotify storage - I’m not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong or a bug?

I have a 200gb micro SD card installed and around 125gb is used up with FLAC files. In Spotify settings, I tell it to store my downloaded playlists to the card and it works fine.

Unfortuntately, the M9 seems to keep turning the setting back to the default state which is to try to store to internal memory. The system then tells you the internal memory is full. So I go back into Spotify and discover the file management is ‘pointing’ to internal memory. I change it back and it then gives me a message that it’s going to move all my playlists across to the card. Where they are anyway......

Anyone else seen this and, if so, how can I avoid it? I rebooted the M9 earlier and that seems to be a trigger for this behaviour but I’m still not completely sure what is causing it!

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #1,076 of 2,501
Does fiio have an amplifier that is compatible with the m9

For the analog line out? I recommend seeing if the Headamp Pico Power is available on Massdrop again.

The user manual indicates that DC5V 2A adapter should be used for charging the m9. Can someone recommend a good adapter. Thanks for your help.

I bought an Anker PD and IQ multi-port charger to use for charging everything I have.

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #1,080 of 2,501
Anyone? Also, is this "pocketable"?

I can’t comment on warm vs bright compared with other modern players as I’ve come from an old iPod classic. I can say it’s fine in a pocket as I went walking last night with this in a light jacket. The ‘skip’ buttons have a hair trigger on them but otherwise it does great in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back