[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 29, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #901 of 3,610
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #903 of 3,610
Just finished the update. I didn't see any release notes that I was specifically waiting for, but I'm a sucker for updates :wink:
Noticed after the reboot it took a looooooooong time to start up Spotify.
Maybe the unexpected pauses (buffering) are now gone...

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #904 of 3,610
Great update, getting LDAC reciever support - woohoo! and it’s upgrading tidal to MQA support- for those that haven’t done so yet :wink:

Nice!

Um my Tidal isn’t working now :frowning2: anyone know how to do a soft reset? Fixed it with a factory reset. Maybe was acting up because I already upgraded tidal?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #905 of 3,610
So upgraded firmware on my M6 and M9. My mouth was watering to see if they would connect over LDAC. FiiO M6 is connected by 3.5mm jack and set to line out through 2 RCA into my small T-AMP and Quad Speakers. Both M6 and M9 set to LDAC Connection first. Set the M6 as a receiver then connect to M9 and the screen of the M6 suddenly shows the sink screen and says, instead of BT Sink Mode SBC, BT Sink Mode (receiver) LDAC. Set my M9 to stream Spotify. FiiO you have hit the jackpot. Suddenly my little M6 is an LDAC receiver that works. At 'connection first' setting it sounds great. Better than APTX-HD it seems. I will spend some concentrated time comparing APTX-HD to the LDAC. Just on first listen it sounds brilliant. I did try it at the maximum rate connection but it broke up a bit when I moved the DAPs so I adjusted it to connection first setting. This puts both the M6 and M9 in another league. Game changer FiiO. I am a happy bunny.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #906 of 3,610
So upgraded firmware on my M6 and M9. My mouth was watering to see if they would connect over LDAC.
I got the same mouth watering sensation so go figure :D the possibilities are really exciting!

Jan 29, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #910 of 3,610
Anyone else notice the update prompt to FW 1.01? Are there any release notes available?

From FiiO:

M6 FW1.0.1

Firmware modification point:

1. Added Bluetooth LDAC receiving function (turn on Bluetooth decoding amp mode, it will automatically adapt to LDAC receiving mode when the transmitting end supports LDAC transmission)

2. Added DSD seamless playback function

3. Added support for DSD CUE

4. Add support for multiple master files for a single CUE

5. Support for APK transmission when adding WiFi songs (can be uploaded in the browser of computer or mobile phone)

6, optimize the default cover display effect (users who use the black theme before the upgrade, you need to go to the fly music settings - theme skin re-click on the deep black skin switch to achieve the best results)

7. Optimized FiiO Link will remain open after being turned on, no longer disconnected automatically.

8, fix the location file without memory problem after deleting the list file

9, fix the recent addition did not add time sorting problem

10, white list added: 蜻蜓 FM, Amazon Music, Radio World, SoundCloud, TuneIn Radio

11. Update Tidal to 2.11.1.883.1 (this version supports MQA)

Jan 29, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #911 of 3,610
anyone tried installing Radio World? What version did you use?

I got world radio fm to work- don’t think it’s the right one but it’s pretty cool. I’ll take a screen shot of it from apkpure

It’s the top app.

48B503B5-58DA-4487-8FCA-B64996DDCDA1.png

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #915 of 3,610
Hey Fiio, is it possible to get an extra screen protector? Accidentally messed mine up while I was trying to put it on :frowning2:

Dude, pm me your addy and I’ll send you mine. I’m not going to use mine. Sorry got replies mixed.
Soundcloud whitelisted?

This is a good day!!

Just want mix cloud next

Where can I get sound cloud apk?

Try Apkpure.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back