[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Aug 6, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #2,791 of 3,610
I can get a M6 demo unit on amazon for $189, which is tempting, but I normally always buy new, so I'm not sure what to expect from a demo unit? There is a steep learning curve with many options to choose from in this segment. I appreciate your feedback and I've read through about a 100 pages of this thread (and several others) so far and appreciate your contributions. This is an amazing community and great to hear from fellow a fellow Canadian.

I have had both the M9 and the M6 for months. I would say that unless you want the balanced out or more power from the M9, go for the M6. Two reasons. The form factor of the M6 is amazing. Also if you are doing sports the headphone jack at the top is better for pockets than the headphone jack on the bottom of the M9. I use the M6 in a shirt pocket and it is more convenient than the M9. The M6 is really solid.

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #2,792 of 3,610
I have had both the M9 and the M6 for months. I would say that unless you want the balanced out or more power from the M9, go for the M6. Two reasons. The form factor of the M6 is amazing. Also if you are doing sports the headphone jack at the top is better for pockets than the headphone jack on the bottom of the M9. I use the M6 in a shirt pocket and it is more convenient than the M9. The M6 is really solid.
Thank you. I think I will be choosing the M6 for the better for factor and because I don't need the balanced output or extra power... Yet. I need to find a way to fit some high end gear into my life...

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,793 of 3,610
I can get a M6 demo unit on amazon for $189, which is tempting, but I normally always buy new, so I'm not sure what to expect from a demo unit? There is a steep learning curve with many options to choose from in this segment. I appreciate your feedback and I've read through about a 100 pages of this thread (and several others) so far and appreciate your contributions. This is an amazing community and great to hear from fellow a fellow Canadian.

Yeah I got my M7 demo unit through amazon but fulfilled by avgearshop. It comes with the full 1 year warranty and mine showed up with all the accessories and in perfect condition. Your unit will likely have minimal hours on it and on the plus side it will already be burned in. You also know it isn't a lemon since it was already used. I have bought alot of demo electronics over the years and have never been disappointed.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #2,795 of 3,610
Anyone who tried ibasso dc01? because mine is not working on stock fiio music player. but when i used poweramp it works but only in 16bit tia

Me!
Mine is working with Fiio music player. Try to turn off "USB output mode"
DC01 gave my m6 the flexibility of using balanced cable.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #2,798 of 3,610
Looks like Fiio may have some competition after all

Just when I wondered if Sony was done with the A series at least in North America this popped on the sonywalkmanblogspot site, behold the A105.

While information is still limited, the FCC documents do shed some details. We can expect the addition of WiFi 2.4/5.0Ghz, NFC and Bluetooth 5.0. For now only one model is present on the FCC documents, the NW-A105 with no capacity information sadly, but I am guessing 16GB, but 32 or 64GB would be a nice.

Since the FCC was updated we should see it in North America unlike the A55.

I wonder if we will get any details at the IFA show in September, fingers crossed.

Hmm may pass on demoing the Shanling M2X and wait for more details on the A105.

Yes this is a Fiio forum but nice to see who Fiio's competition will be going forward. Competition is always a good thing

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #2,799 of 3,610
Looks like Fiio may have some competition after all

Just when I wondered if Sony was done with the A series at least in North America this popped on the sonywalkmanblogspot site, behold the A105.

While information is still limited, the FCC documents do shed some details. We can expect the addition of WiFi 2.4/5.0Ghz, NFC and Bluetooth 5.0. For now only one model is present on the FCC documents, the NW-A105 with no capacity information sadly, but I am guessing 16GB, but 32 or 64GB would be a nice.

Since the FCC was updated we should see it in North America unlike the A55.

I wonder if we will get any details at the IFA show in September, fingers crossed.

Hmm may pass on demoing the Shanling M2X and wait for more details on the A105.

Yes this is a Fiio forum but nice to see who Fiio's competition will be going forward. Competition is always a good thing
Thanks for the share! Now I'm conflicted if I should continue to order the M6. My birthday is later this month and I already told my wife about it, so it may be too late... I do like the idea of getting a new walkman. I had the original yellow cassette version and I was tethered to it 24/7 during high school.

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #2,800 of 3,610
Thanks for the share! Now I'm conflicted if I should continue to order the M6. My birthday is later this month and I already told my wife about it, so it may be too late... I do like the idea of getting a new walkman. I had the original yellow cassette version and I was tethered to it 24/7 during high school.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the A105, if Sony stays true to form the A105 will show up in Asia maybe the end of this year. Outside of Asia probably next April or May including North America. That would be a long wait and there is still alot we don't know including the price. You could buy the M6 now and then sell it if you decide you want the A105. With the deal you are getting you wouldn't take a huge hit when you sell it or even keep it as backup.

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #2,801 of 3,610
I wouldn't hold my breath for the A105, if Sony stays true to form the A105 will show up in Asia maybe the end of this year. Outside of Asia probably next April or May including North America. That would be a long wait and there is still alot we don't know including the price. You could buy the M6 now and then sell it if you decide you want the A105. With the deal you are getting you wouldn't take a huge hit when you sell it or even keep it as backup.
Thanks for the insight. I will continue down my path to the M6. I will eventually loose control and gain a collection of DAPs.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #2,802 of 3,610
The M6 is a great sounding, versatile DAP. I have had it since it came out and, barring FiiO's slowness in white-listing apks, I cannot fault it. It's Bluetooth, streaming capabilities and sound quality make it a no brainer. It's very good. For those that don't need WiFi streaming look elsewhere.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #2,803 of 3,610
Thanks for the insight. I will continue down my path to the M6. I will eventually loose control and gain a collection of DAPs.

I have avoided that temptation by always selling the one I have before buying a new one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back