[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #3,091 of 3,610
hello @FiiO my M6 has two lines across the screen, and I would like to replace the screen. is it possible?

Attachments

• IMG-20200115-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200115-WA0002.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20200115-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200115-WA0001.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 18, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #3,092 of 3,610
Planning of using M6 as a transport connected to K5 Pro (which has an USB-B socket) thru USB. Will any USB-C to USB-B cable work? I do appreciate your comments and help.

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #3,093 of 3,610
Just a few words about the M6. I had an M9 too, which I managed to destroy. I tried to upgrade to the iBasso DX160, but on two units the Bluetooth was unusable. Mostly I stream Amazon HD now and on the M6 the Amazon HD app works very well. Even though other DAPs have an improved SQ, the M6 still has one thing over all the daps around, it's form factor is just the most useful. When I'm away from WiFi streaming I have a few thousand tracks on the card. Bluetooth works well transmitting to my iFi Zen Blue HiFi system receiver in LDAC and in my car. I don't need to use the BTR3 or ES100 for my IEMs as I did when using my phone because the M6 is not too much bigger than the BTR3. It's shirt pocket size. With good IEM/Buds, and cable, the M6 is still very relevant wired and using BT.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #3,094 of 3,610
Hello, I just installed the latest fiio version, 1.0.3. I need to ask few questions though. 1. I assume that I removed whitelist app limitations based on the instruction on fiio website ( i.e. hit the the kernel tab under settings/general 7 times) but I am not sure if I have really done it since nothing happened, no confirmation appeared when i did so. Is there any way to confirm that the limitation has been removed ? 2. I mostly use spotify and wonder if there is any specific spotify app version downloadable from apk website you could suggest that works most efficiently with m6 ? 3. I use the default fioo music player, could you tell any better free app (and which version) better than the fiio player (with better function or sound) ?. 4. Is there any free youtube app compatible with m6, if not, any app that I can watch youtube and other videos ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #3,095 of 3,610
Hello, I just installed the latest fiio version, 1.0.3. I need to ask few questions though. 1. I assume that I removed whitelist app limitations based on the instruction on fiio website ( i.e. hit the the kernel tab under settings/general 7 times) but I am not sure if I have really done it since nothing happened, no confirmation appeared when i did so. Is there any way to confirm that the limitation has been removed ? 2. I mostly use spotify and wonder if there is any specific spotify app version downloadable from apk website you could suggest that works most efficiently with m6 ? 3. I use the default fioo music player, could you tell any better free app (and which version) better than the fiio player (with better function or sound) ?. 4. Is there any free youtube app compatible with m6, if not, any app that I can watch youtube and other videos ? Thanks in advance.

Regarding a Youtube app. Type 'newpipe f-droid' into google and then from f-droid download newpipe. Sideload it it onto the M6 and install....it is whitelisted anyway. It is a 'Youtube' front end, with a search function, and really good. You can even force it to play youtube landscape as well.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #3,096 of 3,610
Regarding a Youtube app. Type 'newpipe f-droid' into google and then from f-droid download newpipe. Sideload it it onto the M6 and install....it is whitelisted anyway. It is a 'Youtube' front end, with a search function, and really good. You can even force it to play youtube landscape as well.
Thanks Steve it was very helpful I installed it and seems to work fine. I apologize but I also wonder if you know what spotify app version is currently the most efficient&flawless version for m6 and if there is any free player app that you think is better (sound and function wise) than the embedded fiio player. And lastly maybe you might also know whether there is any free Periscope app version suitable for m6.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #3,097 of 3,610
Thanks Steve it was very helpful I installed it and seems to work fine. I apologize but I also wonder if you know what spotify app version is currently the most efficient&flawless version for m6 and if there is any free player app that you think is better (sound and function wise) than the embedded fiio player. And lastly maybe you might also know whether there is any free Periscope app version suitable for m6.

Because I stream most of the time I am not sure about the best music player. I use Pulsar because I find the FiiO app a bit disjointed. I'm not that sure that the M6 is capable of running apps like the Hiby app which I like a lot. On Apk pure they have many older Spotify versions. Probably trial and error will be best.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #3,098 of 3,610

See my post #3083 re: Spotify app version. As for a music app other than Fiio Music, try Musicolet. The latest version downloaded from APK Pure works fine. I ran into some issues with album art but it might be my database issue...you might have better luck.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #3,099 of 3,610
Just a few words about the M6. I had an M9 too, which I managed to destroy. I tried to upgrade to the iBasso DX160, but on two units the Bluetooth was unusable. Mostly I stream Amazon HD now and on the M6 the Amazon HD app works very well. Even though other DAPs have an improved SQ, the M6 still has one thing over all the daps around, it's form factor is just the most useful. When I'm away from WiFi streaming I have a few thousand tracks on the card. Bluetooth works well transmitting to my iFi Zen Blue HiFi system receiver in LDAC and in my car. I don't need to use the BTR3 or ES100 for my IEMs as I did when using my phone because the M6 is not too much bigger than the BTR3. It's shirt pocket size. With good IEM/Buds, and cable, the M6 is still very relevant wired and using BT.

Steve, thanks for sharing. I was thinking of getting a Fiio BTR5 but with the Bluetooth 'sync' mode of the M6, I could use my phone's Spotify app and have it output audio to the M6 via bluetooth, which is essentially my intended use case for the BTR5. So I've decided to hold off on the BTR5 for now.

However, have you noticed any degradation in sound quality when using bluetooth with the M6 compared to using it wired?

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #3,100 of 3,610
Steve, thanks for sharing. I was thinking of getting a Fiio BTR5 but with the Bluetooth 'sync' mode of the M6, I could use my phone's Spotify app and have it output audio to the M6 via bluetooth, which is essentially my intended use case for the BTR5. So I've decided to hold off on the BTR5 for now.

However, have you noticed any degradation in sound quality when using bluetooth with the M6 compared to using it wired?

I did use the M6 as a bluetooth receiver but mainly feeding a signal from my phone to the M6 and through the line out to my HiFi. I think I got an LDAC signal. I'm not sure of the sound quality of the BTR5, but because the M6 is not a whole lot bigger than the BTR5 it's certainly worth seeing how the M6 stacks up as a bluetooth receiver. I have the BTR3 (and the Radsone ES100) but I haven't really compared it's bluetooth and sound with the M6. The M9 had great sound but bluetooth is better on the M6 IMHO. I have used in the past an APTX receiver, an APTX-HD receiver, and now an LDAC receiver. I am very familiar with the differences in SQ. I am unable tell the difference between LDAC and wired. I could with the other codecs.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #3,101 of 3,610

Does the Spotify Connect use Bluetooth or WiFi?

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #3,103 of 3,610
I want to replace my memory sd card with a larger capacity one. As I’ve set the external card as the target folder for downloading songs from spotify for offline listening, is it possible to transfer those spotify downloads to the new memory card by simply copying the memory card’s content as a whole (which also include my mp3 archive) to the new card, or do I need to go through another method. Please note that all apps including spotify is stored in the internal memory. Thanks.

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #3,104 of 3,610
I did use the M6 as a bluetooth receiver but mainly feeding a signal from my phone to the M6 and through the line out to my HiFi. I think I got an LDAC signal. I'm not sure of the sound quality of the BTR5, but because the M6 is not a whole lot bigger than the BTR5 it's certainly worth seeing how the M6 stacks up as a bluetooth receiver. I have the BTR3 (and the Radsone ES100) but I haven't really compared it's bluetooth and sound with the M6. The M9 had great sound but bluetooth is better on the M6 IMHO. I have used in the past an APTX receiver, an APTX-HD receiver, and now an LDAC receiver. I am very familiar with the differences in SQ. I am unable tell the difference between LDAC and wired. I could with the other codecs.

Ah, I see. Different use case then. In my case, I'm mainly using the M6 with my phone via bluetooth so that I could put the M6 in my shirt pocket and have it output to some vintage earbuds with super short cables. And also to use the nicer & faster Spotify UI on my phone while still having the M6 processing & outputting the sound to my earbuds. By the way, what phone are you using to feed LDAC signal to the M6 via bluetooth? And is there such a huge difference between AptX/AptX HD vs LDAC?

Does the Spotify Connect use Bluetooth or WiFi?

I'm pretty sure it's bluetooth, because when I'm using it this way, the M6 screen shows 'BT Sink (sic) mode' or something similar.

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #3,105 of 3,610
Ah, I see. Different use case then. In my case, I'm mainly using the M6 with my phone via bluetooth so that I could put the M6 in my shirt pocket and have it output to some vintage earbuds with super short cables. And also to use the nicer & faster Spotify UI on my phone while still having the M6 processing & outputting the sound to my earbuds. By the way, what phone are you using to feed LDAC signal to the M6 via bluetooth? And is there such a huge difference between AptX/AptX HD vs LDAC?

I'm pretty sure it's bluetooth, because when I'm using it this way, the M6 screen shows 'BT Sink (sic) mode' or something similar.

OK got it. Yep the M6, with the headphone jack on top, fits a shirt pocket well. Sink mode means the M6 is being used as a receiver. It will show LDAC if it can use that mode. If it shows SBC that's basic bluetooth mode. LDAC is really good. Way better than APTX and noticeably better than APTX HD too. I used to use Spotify connect, but in a different way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back