[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 17, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,771 of 3,610
The latest version of tidal runs pretty good atm, if someone 'unlocked' the fiio it would be absolutely perfect, I already have access to more expensive daps- but I use the fiio more.

I love the fiio link too, hooking it up with my galaxy is super convenient. And if you want a little more power and stage you can spend as little as 100 bucks and get a dragonfly black and still have a small foot print set up.

Plus it's small enough for using bluetooth headphones and active use- cycling, jogging, working out. And honestly it sounds very good just as is.

Like Bruce Willis said in The 5th element- she's perfect.

Quite. Unlock the fiio to allow freedom of installing apps with the warning that a certain amount will affect performance and I'd pick one up/ Hell if it had a resume function for podcastsI'd still pick one up.

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,772 of 3,610
Mar 17, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,773 of 3,610
I have a couple of M6 questions.

Has anybody tried the M6 as a transport over USB to a Hugo2? Good experience and sound?

Is the Roon app whitelisted? If so what’s the experience and SQ like?

Thanks

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,775 of 3,610
Please DO NOT IGNORE this message.

I am having problems with my FiiO m6. When I connect it to a computer it does not become visible, neither for as a dac or to transfer media. I have tried to use different cables and comuters but it still dident recongnize the m6. Any advice?

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,776 of 3,610
Mar 18, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #1,777 of 3,610
Thanks for the link.
I didi not know they whitelisted amazon music app. :thumbsup::o2smile:
I wish installed apps would not be deleted when updating to a new firmware.

Mar 18, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #1,778 of 3,610
Has anyone tried the Apple Airplay feature using an iMac? My Fiio M6 does show up in my airplay icon on my iMac iTunes account but its greyed out and I cant connect to it. What am I doing wrong or does this feature only allow airplay connection between Phones and iPads ?

Mar 18, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,780 of 3,610
Has anyone tried the Apple Airplay feature using an iMac? My Fiio M6 does show up in my airplay icon on my iMac iTunes account but its greyed out and I cant connect to it. What am I doing wrong or does this feature only allow airplay connection between Phones and iPads ?

Could be a direction issue. Music can go to M6 but not the other way.

I can not confirm as I don't have either of those.

But was wondering if you can take the M6 via a powered usb hub to Fiio K3 and then use the optical out to Fiio Q5 to bluetooth APTX HD on one headphone and use the M6 aptxhd on the other headphone at the same time.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #1,781 of 3,610
Anyone tried to change the package name of an apk file that isn't whitelisted to one that is whitelisted to get around the whitelist?

Doesn't work. Will need to be rooted to get round the whitelist, and FiiO don't seem to have the will or spirit of generosity to clear any more. They want to sell the M11 with Google Play and not make the M6 a competitor is my guess.

Mar 18, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #1,782 of 3,610
Could be a direction issue. Music can go to M6 but not the other way.

I can not confirm as I don't have either of those.

But was wondering if you can take the M6 via a powered usb hub to Fiio K3 and then use the optical out to Fiio Q5 to bluetooth APTX HD on one headphone and use the M6 aptxhd on the other headphone at the same time.

The thing is I was trying to get airplay to sent my iTunes music from my iMac to my M6 just the way I send it to my Yamaha receivers that have Airplay. Cant figure out why else airplay would be on the M6.

Mar 18, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #1,785 of 3,610
The thing is I was trying to get airplay to sent my iTunes music from my iMac to my M6 just the way I send it to my Yamaha receivers that have Airplay. Cant figure out why else airplay would be on the M6.

Same here on High Sierra, does not work, yeah..

Hello @FiiO Airplay doesn't seem to be working from a Mac, to airplay over to the M6 (see below, grayed out).
High Sierra 10.13.5, not a very old version indeed. Please let us if there are requirements for this to work. Thanks!

upload_2019-3-18_17-38-11.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back