[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 11, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #1,712 of 3,610
Just want to report back that DLNA is not as reliable as i thought it was at first. Most of the time i cant find the upnp serves, even after reboots etc.

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #1,713 of 3,610
I and a friend are now completely convinced, we're buying the M6. Also, just read through the whole thread. I'm coming from an iPod Classic and he from a Sony 35, and we're both really excited. The stock of the stores will arrive next weekend.

The thing is Fiio will have an event on the 16th. We will probably hold off until the event ends.

Ok so I managed to pinch the M9 off my wife for a mo and just did further listening with the M6 and M9 and BTR3 and even threw in the Mojo and the V30 phone into the mix; with the FH5's there's just so little in it between all 4 devices in fact, it's really a case of trying to remember nuances between player and wondering if I imagined them. With the Beyerdynamic T1 (600ohm) there's definitely more clout with the M9, it needs around 95/120 on the volume as opposed to around 110/120 on the M6, but these are 600ohm beasts we're talking. And there's more "presence" with the M9+T1, than the M6+T1. Interestingly the V30 drives the T1's really well, better than the M9 imho, I guess the hi-ohm switching kicks in nicely with them and the amping gets ramped up accordingly.

So... my initial comments in the other post apply. I'd still probably go for the M6 or get both M6 lol, if they were the same price. It's a sheer delight handling the M6. The M9 is jarringly angular and relatively bulky for the same screen size and res.. Love the M6.

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,714 of 3,610
Ok so I managed to pinch the M9 off my wife for a mo and just did further listening with the M6 and M9 and BTR3 and even threw in the Mojo and the V30 phone into the mix; with the FH5's there's just so little in it between all 4 devices in fact, it's really a case of trying to remember nuances between player and wondering if I imagined them. With the Beyerdynamic T1 (600ohm) there's definitely more clout with the M9, it needs around 95/120 on the volume as opposed to around 110/120 on the M6, but these are 600ohm beasts we're talking. And there's more "presence" with the M9+T1, than the M6+T1. Interestingly the V30 drives the T1's really well, better than the M9 imho, I guess the hi-ohm switching kicks in nicely with them and the amping gets ramped up accordingly.

So... my initial comments in the other post apply. I'd still probably go for the M6 or get both M6 lol, if they were the same price. It's a sheer delight handling the M6. The M9 is jarringly angular and relatively bulky for the same screen size and res.. Love the M6.
Did you compare both m6’s and m9’s unbalanced outputs while testing output levels of both driving t1?

Mar 11, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,717 of 3,610
Hi, I've got my M6 for a week and I'm really happy with it (I was using an X1-II until now but Spotify support did help me to decide to upgrade)

The point is that my M6 came with a bunch of apps (some in chinese) that seems to test the screen, sensors...
Is it possible to erase them? Sorry for asking, but I haven't find this issue posted before.

Link to image: https://ibb.co/m9SM28p
m9SM28p

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,718 of 3,610
Hi, I've got my M6 for a week and I'm really happy with it (I was using an X1-II until now but Spotify support did help me to decide to upgrade)

The point is that my M6 came with a bunch of apps (some in chinese) that seems to test the screen, sensors...
Is it possible to erase them? Sorry for asking, but I haven't find this issue posted before.

Link to image: https://ibb.co/m9SM28p
m9SM28p
oh yeah you can, you have to go to settings, general, apps if i recall correctly, there you can uninstall them. I uninstalled all of them even ES File explorer, only keeping tidal and spotify and of course the basic ones. Ah and added tune in radio.

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #1,721 of 3,610
So my fellow Canadians who have an M6 sitting in limbo somewhere in Mississauga...anyone have any luck yet?
No luck yet for me either. Canada Post sent me an update saying that they cannot find a scan history for the shipment, so any further action has to be initiated by AVGear.

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #1,722 of 3,610
No luck yet for me either. Canada Post sent me an update saying that they cannot find a scan history for the shipment, so any further action has to be initiated by AVGear.

Oh, that's comforting. :D

Think I'm going to contact Amazon...

UPDATE - got a response from AVGear that they have an on going investigation with Canada Post to track down 80 packages that have gone missing from them the day our M6's shipped. So, I guess I'll give it a bit more time...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back