[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 8, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #1,651 of 3,610
Quick comment on battery...

I was needing to do some chores just now and thought, hmmm which player would suit. Thought to myself, the little M0 is not getting much love these days so I fired it up. No juice!! It had been on but idle overnight and lost its charge :frowning2: - I had to use the M6 which, of course, was on 100%, as it uses no juice in idle, yay!!

Big deal for me. I mean, what's the point of any portable player if it's hit and miss if it's leaking juice badly?

M6 wins many points here.

Mar 8, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #1,654 of 3,610
Quick comment on battery...

I was needing to do some chores just now and thought, hmmm which player would suit. Thought to myself, the little M0 is not getting much love these days so I fired it up. No juice!! It had been on but idle overnight and lost its charge :frowning2: - I had to use the M6 which, of course, was on 100%, as it uses no juice in idle, yay!!

Big deal for me. I mean, what's the point of any portable player if it's hit and miss if it's leaking juice badly?

M6 wins many points here.
Did you leave Bluetooth turned on? My M0 can stay on but idle for weeks and hold a charge.

Mar 8, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #1,656 of 3,610
So that's probably the only reason to get an M9 over an M6?
IMHO yes.

To cut a short story long...I bought my wife the M9 for xmas, and in return she got the me M0 which i thought was fine as I'm spoiled for musical gadgetry (I have the X7ii and other kit so I thought the M0 would be fine to fill the ultraportable hole, lol). Then I became distinctly jealous of my wife, haha. Well... jealous is a bit OTT, but the old gadget lust kicked in when I got my mitts on the M9. So I was actually about to try and sneak the M9 under the radar then noticed the M6. Whoa! I was smitten. Couldn't find it in stock anywhere (this was mid jan i guess?) and was going back to consider the M9 again. Managed to find the M6 in stock at B&H and pulled the trigger. 2 days later i was comparing to the M9.

Honesty... if the M9 was the same price I'd probably go for it, MAYBE - the decision would be harder, but it's not.

I run balanced on the FH5's (works with my X7ii) and I'd maybe have gone for the M9 (if same price or not much in it), but even then the form factor is really great on the M6, it's just nicer, imo, than the M9. which is bulkier, heavier and "sharper" than the M6. The M6 is like a smooth pebble in comparison and so small and light. Bang for buck, it's a no brainer. 2 for the price of 1, lol. I'd get 2, m6's in preference to one m9 any day.

Ill try and run some further listening tests in the next day or 2, will try also with my big T1 cans to compare output, and maybe the T1's will resolve more too from the M9.

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #1,657 of 3,610
IMHO yes.

To cut a short story long...I bought my wife the M9 for xmas, and in return she got the me M0 which i thought was fine as I'm spoiled for musical gadgetry (I have the X7ii and other kit so I thought the M0 would be fine to fill the ultraportable hole, lol). Then I became distinctly jealous of my wife, haha. Well... jealous is a bit OTT, but the old gadget lust kicked in when I got my mitts on the M9. So I was actually about to try and sneak the M9 under the radar then noticed the M6. Whoa! I was smitten. Couldn't find it in stock anywhere (this was mid jan i guess?) and was going back to consider the M9 again. Managed to find the M6 in stock at B&H and pulled the trigger. 2 days later i was comparing to the M9.

Honesty... if the M9 was the same price I'd probably go for it, MAYBE - the decision would be harder, but it's not.

I run balanced on the FH5's (works with my X7ii) and I'd maybe have gone for the M9 (if same price or not much in it), but even then the form factor is really great on the M6, it's just nicer, imo, than the M9. which is bulkier, heavier and "sharper" than the M6. The M6 is like a smooth pebble in comparison and so small and light. Bang for buck, it's a no brainer. 2 for the price of 1, lol. I'd get 2, m6's in preference to one m9 any day.

Ill try and run some further listening tests in the next day or 2, will try also with my big T1 cans to compare output, and maybe the T1's will resolve more too from the M9.
You don't know how much this means to me. I'll be buying one soon, I'm set now thanks to you. Thanks a lot :)

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #1,659 of 3,610
Hello. I would just like to ask how significant of a difference is there in the sound quality from M6 to M9. Thanks!

The M9's sound is a little more refined but with plenty of impact and has a wider soundstage. The balanced 2.5mm jack makes it more powerful. The M9 has Spdif out. The M9 does sound a little better but the M6 has many advantages. I tend to pick up the M6. It's sound quality is excellent and Bluetooth sounds louder from the M6 as a source. In combination with the FiiO BTR3 in LDAC, it is really something. The M9 is no faster than the M6 but is larger. The M6 has the headphone jack on top, which is better for me in practice as I put it in a shirt or top jacket pocket. The M6 drives my, many, headphones with plenty enough power on its own, but may struggle with really high impedance headphones. I am a big fan of the M6 and it's worth being patient for. Spotify works similarly on both DAPs and although not instantaneous is very usable. Both are great DAPs but the M6 is amazing value and is my go to because it's form factor is perfect, and it handles a lot better than the M9. M6 10 out of 10.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #1,662 of 3,610
Is anyone else having problems with M6 as usb dac? I’m using a windows computer I installed all the drivers and turned on the usb dac mode but can’t get any audio through the Fiio? What could be wrong?
Settings --> audio --> USB DAC .. check if turned on.

Mar 8, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #1,664 of 3,610
Just a few words on the FiiO BTR3 Bluetooth iem/headphone amp. Quite a few on this site have lauded the Radsone ES100. At first I couldn't quite understand why anyone would want an extra unit connected wirelessly to the M6 when it is so small anyway. But it then dawned on me that it probably did make sense because it turned ALL one's IEMs and Headphones into Bluetooth ones. I was going to get the Radsone but Amazon ran out and I figured maybe I didn't have the dosh (£89) anyway. But luckily advancedMP3players had the tiny FiiO BTR3 discounted and then another 15% on top that week. So £46, Anyway I pulled the trigger on the BTR3. Well all the Radsone Wallahs were telling the truth. LDAC is special. I don't know how the BTR3 compares to the ES100 but LDAC on this is amazing. I really cannot tell that it is wireless and it sounds as if wired. It is spacious and although not the widest soundstage, it has an airy 3D quality with lots of depth. Also using the 3.5mm headphone out it gives a great signal to my HiFi amp too and gives full control over volume from both the BTR3 and the M6. Because it is so airy and highs so well represented I find less bright IEM's sound a little better. The TRN V80 sounds, to my ear, a little better and less bright on the BTR3 than the Tin Audio T2's. So for anyone thinking about a Bluetooth amp, the FiiO BTR3 cuts the mustard. Very clever little LDAC amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back