[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 26, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #1,516 of 3,610
While you’re here Fiio, do you have any idea why Spotify or tidal oflline won’t work over OTG usb to a dac/amp from m6? Only Fiio music works.
Dear friend,

Maybe you could try to turn off the usb audio out switch in FiiO music app and check again? Or are there any switch like that in Spotify or Tidal?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 26, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #1,517 of 3,610
That explains what i'd already noticed. If you need to stream, and you can, use Aptx HD. If you can turn wifi OFF, you can use LDAC highest quality (990kbps). You *could* use LDAC connection first (330kbps) but that sounds worse than Aptx HD in my humble opinion.

Feb 26, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #1,519 of 3,610
Dear friend,

For the first problem you mentioned, we will fix in later firmware update.
For the second suggestion you mentioned, we have report to the engineers about that. The will check and consider about that. Thanks for your kind feedback.

Best regards
Thanks a lot for your response. Very pleased with my M6 overall.

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #1,520 of 3,610
So based on latest tracking my M6 should be in Canada today and hopefully in my hands on Friday.

Two questions 1. The M6 is rated for 13 hours via wired connection, what kind of real world battery life are you guys getting?

2. Since it is android based I am guessing boot time is slow, can anyone give a ball park figure on that. One thing I really like about the M0 is it boots up very fast.

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #1,521 of 3,610
So based on latest tracking my M6 should be in Canada today and hopefully in my hands on Friday.

Two questions 1. The M6 is rated for 13 hours via wired connection, what kind of real world battery life are you guys getting?

2. Since it is android based I am guessing boot time is slow, can anyone give a ball park figure on that. One thing I really like about the M0 is it boots up very fast.

Boot time for me is 40 seconds, i just timed it.
M0 is around 10 seconds - just timed it too :)

Battery life is very interesting. The idle power loss is negligible, I mean amazingly low. I can leave it on for like 12hours and it'll be down perhaps 1 or 2%; or you'll unplug it and carry it around switched on but idle for a couple of hours and kick yourself for it being on for nothing and then its still reading 100%. Weird stuff!

It means that I've never gone lower than perhaps 80% before being near the mains or thinking to plug it in to recharge it. That's really good for me, but in real terms for hours under usage conditions I simply don't know!

Feb 27, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #1,522 of 3,610

Battery life is very interesting. The idle power loss is negligible, I mean amazingly low. I can leave it on for like 12hours and it'll be down perhaps 1 or 2%; or you'll unplug it and carry it around switched on but idle for a couple of hours and kick yourself for it being on for nothing and then its still reading 100%. Weird stuff!

It means that I've never gone lower than perhaps 80% before being near the mains or thinking to plug it in to recharge it. That's really good for me, but in real terms for hours under usage conditions I simply don't know!

I just timed it too :) mine was 39 seconds, and yes the standby time is good I never turn mine off. - As long as you don’t have WiFi on.

Real life battery life of course depends on power dependency of running systems, file types, screen brightness, screen usage- bla bla bla. But without WiFi I get around 11 to 12 hours, I have screen set to about 60% brightness and I don’t have much screen usage.

If I’m ogling the screen, streaming and using Bluetooth I’d say 7 to 8 hours. Good thing is like M0 it charges pretty fast because of the smaller battery. Through power wart I’d say about 2 hours- a bit quicker through Anker power brick 10,000 mw.

I’d also recommend deleting those Chinese music services, you will free up a couple hundred megs. Moo is one, or moov lol and I can’t remember the other.

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,523 of 3,610
Hi @FiiO!
ASIO driver does not work correctly. The minimum delay is only if you put 192khz(the lower the frequency the higher the delay)

Feb 27, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,524 of 3,610

Same here, this damn storm pushing back delivery dates! Luckily I pulled the trigger when I did as Amazon Canada now has no date for when the M6 will be back in stock for purchase

Feb 27, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #1,525 of 3,610
Hi all, I am ordering FA1 earphones soon and M6 or M9 to accompany them. Would it be wise to add a little bit more and stretch for M9? I am not interested in streaming/wifi/bluetooth. Just pure hi-res music reproduction from microSD and battery life. Comparisons would be very appreciated who have heard or have in possession both as I am unable to test this gear where I live.

Feb 27, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #1,526 of 3,610
@the sd card problem

I have a 400gb sandisk and had no problem updating from that.

@FiiO - I'm glad you guys will fix the problem with the album search function. I too emailed you about that two days ago and I can't wait to see that update. :wink:

There... is maybe a thing that is strange to ask. But how is root in general with you guys? Any official answer? Totally illegal or like OnePlus - everyone can do it as they please with the hardware they bought?

I really like the player. Got it for around two weeks now and really the only thing I don't like is the whitelist. I have a few apps I want to use but can't. I also used ADB push and tried to get into the bootloader but it won't let me until I unlock it :p

It's a nice player (the app) but I would prefer the BlackPlayer you can also get on the PlayStore. And I think the player can handle it

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #1,527 of 3,610
@the sd card problem

I have a 400gb sandisk and had no problem updating from that.

@FiiO - I'm glad you guys will fix the problem with the album search function. I too emailed you about that two days ago and I can't wait to see that update. :wink:

There... is maybe a thing that is strange to ask. But how is root in general with you guys? Any official answer? Totally illegal or like OnePlus - everyone can do it as they please with the hardware they bought?

I really like the player. Got it for around two weeks now and really the only thing I don't like is the whitelist. I have a few apps I want to use but can't. I also used ADB push and tried to get into the bootloader but it won't let me until I unlock it :p

It's a nice player (the app) but I would prefer the BlackPlayer you can also get on the PlayStore. And I think the player can handle it
I would also like to see the FiiO M6 being rooted, too. FiiO Music is a nice player, but is plagued by some issues like special character encoding (displays weird Chinese characters instead of the proper symbol) and folder view not arranged alphabetically, so it would be cool if we could install other players (like PowerAmp, foobar2000, Hiby Player (I know this is already a stretch since they are from a competitor, but I think it wouldn't hurt if we whitelist this :p, etc. ) and let users customize/bypass the whitelist if we have root access. Some high-end Android-based DAPs like the ones made by Onkyo and Pioneer are already rooted, so I don't see why this couldn't be rooted.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #1,528 of 3,610
@hfflt

Comparing side by side M9 vs M6, i can't hear difference. They both sound superb. I have FH5's which I love to bits and they are great with both too.

My choice is M6, because of the sheer compactness, and of course lower price. The m9 is just that much chunkier both in form AND weight. The M6 is light enough to velcro onto the back of the BTR3 which has a lanyard attachment. Really useful.

Maybe with some harder to drive cans the M9 would have the edge, or if you're a balanced output junkie.

PS... Battery life is better with the M6.

20190228_072636.jpg 20190228_073028.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,529 of 3,610

Thanks for the information but my M6 showed up today COD - Crushed on Delivery

I tracked my package on ups.com this morning and it said scheduled delivery Thursday. I got home around 10 pm today and tracked it again, said it was delivered at 11:48 AM. I checked and found the box tucked inside my side door. The box looked like someone dropped an anvil on it. When I opened the box I found the unit was pulverized, the screen was literally broken in half. To preserve the evidence I just left it in the box. I emailed my friend in St Louis to let him know what happened. He will put in a claim with UPS in the states, I emailed him some pictures of the box and the unit.

Since it was an international shipment not sure what to expect, I will visit UPS Canada on Friday and see what they say.

I checked amazon.ca and eta for M6 stock is now pushed back to March 7th. I am beginning to think the M6 just isn't meant to be for me. Looks like my trusty M0 won't be sold after all. :triportsad:

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #1,530 of 3,610
Thanks for the information but my M6 showed up today COD - Crushed on Delivery

I tracked my package on ups.com this morning and it said scheduled delivery Thursday. I got home around 10 pm today and tracked it again, said it was delivered at 11:48 AM. I checked and found the box tucked inside my side door. The box looked like someone dropped an anvil on it. When I opened the box I found the unit was pulverized, the screen was literally broken in half. To preserve the evidence I just left it in the box. I emailed my friend in St Louis to let him know what happened. He will put in a claim with UPS in the states, I emailed him some pictures of the box and the unit.

Since it was an international shipment not sure what to expect, I will visit UPS Canada on Friday and see what they say.

I checked amazon.ca and eta for M6 stock is now pushed back to March 7th. I am beginning to think the M6 just isn't meant to be for me. Looks like my trusty M0 won't be sold after all. :triportsad:

That really sucks.Mine arrived last week and it was used(no plastic on box, fingerprints all over it,Fiio label box upside down). I got to use it for a bit before I sent it back for not being new.I was put off by start up time and fact that I don't need Wifi,Blutooth or music apps. Just wanted a basic player so got the M3K instead. I must admit the M6 is a fantastic looking DAP with a great screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back