[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #331 of 3,610
To help the system run smoother when installing white listed apps, if you are not using the preinstalled apps "preinstalled on the M6, and they are Tidal, MOOV, KKBOX and 网易云音乐(NetEaseCloud)." can they be uninstalled/removed?

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #332 of 3,610
To help the system run smoother when installing white listed apps, if you are not using the preinstalled apps "preinstalled on the M6, and they are Tidal, MOOV, KKBOX and 网易云音乐(NetEaseCloud)." can they be uninstalled/removed?

i found it. You just have to go to Settings->General->Apps. then Click the app you want to uninstall. there's an Uninstall button there. and whalaaa.. gone the unwantend apps

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #333 of 3,610
Hi all,

While i'm writing this, i'm listening to my new M6, that arrived just hours ago. I'm playing some super hi-res nativeDSD recordings through my Beyerdynamic DT250's and i'm totally blown away. Just WOW. The DT250's are 80 Ohms and not that super sensitive (100 dB/M/m) but man, the sound is just right. Very clean, articulate. Super detailed and fun.

Can't wait to test more. I haven't figured out yet if I can pair them directly over Airplay to my iPhone. It seems that to do that you still need an external wifi network to make it work but please correct me if i'm wrong. It's too bad that (for now??) streaming over BT from my iPhone to the M6 is only possible in SBC codec which sounds way worse than AAC (Apple Music/iTunes app)

@FiiO Is this hardware related (Bluetooth chip) or would it be possible to have the M6 receiving AAC over bluetooth by software update?

Thanks for reading!

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #334 of 3,610
Anyone have the Hiby R3 and Fiio M6?

Really bored of waiting for Hiby to update the R3 bugs.
How does the M6 stack up regarding speed/bugs and UI? (not worried about sound as using it as a digital transport)

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #335 of 3,610
@FiiO Could you please whitelist Neutron Music Player? Its Android music player app with fully configurable 30 band parametric EQ.

Your standard 10 band non-configurable EQ is ok most of the time but in some cases it just isnt enough. The problem is headphones with sharp peaks that arent exactly on top of the EQ band. For example, both Sennheiser HD800 and HD700 have sharp peak at 6 KHz, your standard 10 band non-configurable EQ have bands at 4 KHz and 8 KHz so it cant pinpoint the problem. You can decrease the 6 KHz peak to normal level, but then frequencies above and below will get attenuated too strongly.

I would like to buy M6, it looks like best DAP in my opinion but this EQ thing is big problem IMO, cant pull the trigger yet. If you would whitelist the Neutron player, or even better make similiar fully configurable EQ ( Q factor, frequency, high/low shelf, high/low pass , band reject/pass ) then I would buy it and recommend it to friends.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #336 of 3,610
Anyone have the Hiby R3 and Fiio M6?

Really bored of waiting for Hiby to update the R3 bugs.
How does the M6 stack up regarding speed/bugs and UI? (not worried about sound as using it as a digital transport)

day 10 using M6, the UI pretty snnapy. until now i dont have any complain about the UI. And i did uninstall all the apps that i dont use, to make some more room for internal storage. i only left spotify and tidal for streaming music. Even it read all my IDtags from all my music include album arts (i was using sony for a while -.-"). IMO its also good transport, but i think it doesnt have digital usb output (wich i guess pretty important for being digital transport). I tried connect my M6 to my SMSL M2 dac amp and nothing happened. but when you use it with your phone as a DAC, it worked. i did try that. so i hope that helpful for you

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #337 of 3,610
How does this sound compared to the X3 mk1 or Xduoo X3ii? Does it sound as warm and bassy as the X3 mk1? I'm considering the Xduoo or the M6 but it all depends on the warmth.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #338 of 3,610
I would love to hear about sound etc

But no one seems to care.

It would be my first Dap and i am having a hard time thinking if these 100mw at 16ohms would do for me.
It's good for the price but not great. Don't get me wrong when I say that, it does sound good
How does this sound compared to the X3 mk1 or Xduoo X3ii? Does it sound as warm and bassy as the X3 mk1? I'm considering the Xduoo or the M6 but it all depends on the warmth.
If course it depends on your headphones too, but to me, it sounds flat in a good way. I guess neutral. I don't need around with EQ etc so mines in default for those on all the DAP I have. Is good for the price but not great...again sounds bad but I mean it in a positive way

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #339 of 3,610
By flat and neutral is that similar to the newer models like the X3 mk3? because that sounded really flat and cold to me, so little bass, that's what I'm worried about. I'm using iBasso IT01 iems.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #340 of 3,610
With bass songs, it is hitting with proper headphones but it's a bit clean comparing with hidizs ap80. If comparing with wmzx2 or wm1a it's even more dull. Again, it's still good though. It ain't dirty at least .

Ap80 in general is heavier in bass it seems.... Like some of the older Sony headphones (I know it ain't a day but example)

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #341 of 3,610
Got my M6 yesterday and it sounds great, really impressed so far listening with the FH5 and Spotify works very well for me and sounds great (I have the volume level in settings set to "quite" and the music quality setting at "very high").

I am hoping @FiiO can help with a couple of things:
  • Listening to Billie Jean (DSD / DSF) and the opening bassline in the track sounds off for about 20 seconds? Is this an issue with DSD playback that anyone else has experienced? I have tried using gapless and no gapless and neither make a difference? Same track sounds fine via Spotify and have never had an issue with this DSD before? Could it be an issue with DSD conversion or does the M6 play native DSD?
  • Could there be an option to use a more bold font throughout the operating system?
  • Could there be an option to increase the font size throughout the operating system - especially when browsing music?
Thanks in advance.

:dt880smile:

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #342 of 3,610
2nd the larger font sizes or bolder font.....mine sounds awesome but the type is relatively small!

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #343 of 3,610
It's good for the price but not great. Don't get me wrong when I say that, it does sound good

If course it depends on your headphones too, but to me, it sounds flat in a good way. I guess neutral. I don't need around with EQ etc so mines in default for those on all the DAP I have. Is good for the price but not great...again sounds bad but I mean it in a positive way

Thx sir, would you have a better sq recommendation in similar price ?

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #344 of 3,610
Thx sir, would you have a better sq recommendation in similar price ?

i've been looking internet for months to compare. DAP under $200 with touch screen, bluetooth, all the other features, there are Sony nw-Aseries (the most expensive, lack power output, annoying cable,no streaming music). Hiby R3 (some people said it lacks treble, and one video in you tube also said that Sony nw-Aseries have better clarity and high's), and the last one FiiO M6 ( i think its the cheapest and i dont find the problem like in the other 2 devices)
other DAP under $200 other than these 3, dont have any touchscreen i guess, either using some super sensitive touch panel like Cayin N3 and FiiO X3ii, or you like school style like xDuoo dap's.
So correct me if im wrong, but compare with any other DAP withn this price range, M6 is a wonderfull package.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #345 of 3,610
i've been looking internet for months to compare. DAP under $200 with touch screen, bluetooth, all the other features, there are Sony nw-Aseries (the most expensive, lack power output, annoying cable,no streaming music). Hiby R3 (some people said it lacks treble, and one video in you tube also said that Sony nw-Aseries have better clarity and high's), and the last one FiiO M6 ( i think its the cheapest and i dont find the problem like in the other 2 devices)
other DAP under $200 other than these 3, dont have any touchscreen i guess, either using some super sensitive touch panel like Cayin N3 and FiiO X3ii, or you like school style like xDuoo dap's.
So correct me if im wrong, but compare with any other DAP withn this price range, M6 is a wonderfull package.

I do think fiio m6 it is a great package.
I am only a great fan of the sabre dac as o already have one at desktop.

But i don't mind streaming, Android or touch screen. Actually i see it as a downside, more prone to lags and such.

I care about sound and usability, design also UX/body.

The only feature that is a must is Bluetooth receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back