[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 1, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #317 of 3,610
The Exynos7270 is not a very powerful Soc, and also has only build in 768M RAM and 2G ROM . also it is only A 2 A53 core so it can't support all APP as most smartphone.

It certainly isn’t a powerful Soc, but if this thing can handle apps such as Spotify, Sony headphones etc.. at the same time, I can imagine it can hold others by themselves.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #318 of 3,610
I need to bow my head and humbly apologize..

The M6 CAN play Gapless MP3 files!

It turns out that my source material was gappy.. Once I re-encoded the right version of the songs, the M6 played it fine and without any gaps.

Sorry for the false alarm. This little player is terrific!

Jan 1, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #319 of 3,610
I need to bow my head and humbly apologize..

The M6 CAN play Gapless MP3 files!

It turns out that my source material was gappy.. Once I re-encoded the right version of the songs, the M6 played it fine and without any gaps.

Sorry for the false alarm. This little player is terrific!

The first time I booted up my M6 there where a lot of bugs.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #320 of 3,610
Qobuz is already whitelisted

How do you load the Qobuz app?

I found it on Fiio site.
A: The M6 runs on deeply customized system.

There are four 3rd-party apps preinstalled on the M6, and they are Tidal, MOOV, KKBOX and 网易云音乐(NetEaseCloud).
To ensure system stability, only certain apps in our white list are allowed to be installed. You can copy the apk file of the qualified app to the M6, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.

The apps in the M6's white list are inlcuding Spotify, Qobuz, Roon, Deezer, JOOX, Bandcamp and Sony headphones,and the apps download links for them are as follows:

Spotify: click here

Qobuz: click here

Roon: click here

Deezer: click here

JOOX: click here

Bandcamp: click here

Sony headphones: click here

ES file manager: click here

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #322 of 3,610
Jan 1, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #323 of 3,610
I would love to hear about sound etc

But no one seems to care.

It would be my first Dap and i am having a hard time thinking if these 100mw at 16ohms would do for me.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #324 of 3,610

It would be my first Dap and i am having a hard time thinking if these 100mw at 16ohms would do for me.

The sound is very good with my BGVP DM6's IEM out of the headphone output . I haven't use them with any headphones since I have a larger amp /DAP combo. The bluetooth works great with my FiiO BTR1 HiFi Bluetooth Headphone amp using AptX.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #326 of 3,610

the sound is neutral and leaning a little bit bright and not so much influences to your music across the frequenzies and still maintain the clarity. Very good sounding DAP (i mean Sabre DAC is pretty good, even Pioneer XDP using sabre DAC) for you first DAP
Power Output is more then decent i think, because with sensitive IEM's it has quite low noice floor. I did try wiith my ATH-MSR7NC (150 Ohm). It drives my msr7 without underpower problem ( not like my nw-a35, wich only have 33mW/16Ohm)

as long as your cans and iems are under 300 ohm, it should be okay to drive them properly. But i did try to stack it with my FiiO A3. IMO the soundstage little bit opened without loosing any body to the sound or bit hollow sound you might say.
the Only Issue i think is when you try put the EQ on. When you turn the EQ on, it will changed the sound to a darker sound, even the EQ is flat. But i never use EQ anyway and never play with it, i kind a dont like to change what the artists and audio engineers worked for in their music.
so again, it depends on you, do you use EQ or not. If yes, you should consider other DAP. but i think our friends in @FiiO could fix this problem trough next OS update i think.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #327 of 3,610
Engaging EQ simply drops the volume by about 6dB to avoid clipping. It doesn't make it dark - still completely flat. Try engaging EQ but raising the volume. You should get the same sound.

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #328 of 3,610
Engaging EQ simply drops the volume by about 6dB to avoid clipping. It doesn't make it dark - still completely flat. Try engaging EQ but raising the volume. You should get the same sound.

Thanks dude,now it explain everything. I do still have a lot to learn :p

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #329 of 3,610
How do you load the Qobuz app?

I found it on Fiio site.
A: The M6 runs on deeply customized system.

There are four 3rd-party apps preinstalled on the M6, and they are Tidal, MOOV, KKBOX and 网易云音乐(NetEaseCloud).
To ensure system stability, only certain apps in our white list are allowed to be installed. You can copy the apk file of the qualified app to the M6, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.

The apps in the M6's white list are inlcuding Spotify, Qobuz, Roon, Deezer, JOOX, Bandcamp and Sony headphones,and the apps download links for them are as follows:

Spotify: click here

Qobuz: click here

Roon: click here

Deezer: click here

JOOX: click here

Bandcamp: click here

Sony headphones: click here

ES file manager: click here
Dear friend,

Yes, you could copy the apk file of the qualified app to the M6, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.:gs1000smile:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 2, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #330 of 3,610
Hello all,

I just bought the m6 as an upgrade to the amazing fiio m3 that I had! I checked the list of whitelisted apps and didn't find any related with audiobooks. Do you think you can add, for instance, the Smart AudioBook Player (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ak.alizandro.smartaudiobookplayer&hl=pt_PT) available at the google play store? Having a way to listen to audiobooks would be a plus for the device :) Thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back