[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 19, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #1,308 of 3,610
OK I'm actually talking about the FiiO M6 and the M9. There's a simple reason, because on this thread there's been a lot of chat about LDAC. Some have said that the Radsone ES100 as an LDAC receiver improves the sound over directly wired IEMs to the M6. 1 + 1 should make 2 and most of the time in life it does make 2. With LDAC they don't add up and make 2. Using LDAC connection from my Samsung S9 plus to either my M6 or M9 LDAC sounds better than direct IEM connection to either of the DAPs. Of course my IEMs were plugged into the M6/M9 for both comparisons. First LDAC then wired. Took just a few seconds to go from LDAC to wired direct. I was listening from my S9 plus on Spotify highest quality to Takako Nishizaki, Romantic Violin Favourites. There is more spaciousness on LDAC and some extra intensity with no audible loss anywhere. How can LDAC sound better than direct wired? I believe our Radsone LDAC wallahs are right. LDAC sounds better to my ears than wired too. 1 + 1 = 3. Why?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #1,309 of 3,610
OK I'm actually talking about the FiiO M6 and the M9. There's a simple reason, because on this thread there's been a lot of chat about LDAC. Some have said that the Radsone ES100 as an LDAC receiver improves the sound over directly wired IEMs to the M6. 1 + 1 should make 2 and most of the time in life it does make 2. With LDAC they don't add up and make 2. Using LDAC connection from my Samsung S9 plus to either my M6 or M9 LDAC sounds better than direct IEM connection to either of the DAPs. Of course my IEMs were plugged into the M6/M9 for both comparisons. First LDAC then wired. Took just a few seconds to go from LDAC to wired direct. I was listening from my S9 plus on Spotify highest quality to Takako Nishizaki, Romantic Violin Favourites. There is more spaciousness on LDAC and some extra intensity with no audible loss anywhere. How can LDAC sound better than direct wired? I believe our Radsone LDAC wallahs are right. LDAC sounds better to my ears than wired too. 1 + 1 = 3. Why?

Well maybe the same reason Sony amps and daps have a really nice soundstage, I mean there might be some extra software dsp manipulation in there. Sony is very good at dsp effects. Idk, but I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I got rid of my AK SR15 because the m6/radsone sounded better than it and it seemed dumb to have 2 daps, especially when the m6 is so portable.

AK doesn’t do LDAC and aptx hd just doesn’t sound as good. But you’re right it sounds better, more spacious and lively. Or maybe since Fiio seems to be pushing wireless, they have really good Bluetooth chips in them.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #1,310 of 3,610
I bought the M6 second hand, it arrived today and so far I’m very impressed with it.

My main useage is going to be Bluetooth mainly LDAC to my Sony WH1000m3 using Tidal.
Although my Sony WM1a can do LDAC it can’t do Tidal from my phone at the same time.
My phone being on IOS means I can’t do LDAC either or Tidal masters, I did think about switching to an android phone but thought I’d give this a go first and to be honest I’m glad I did.

It’s a bit laggy at times but once the music is playing it is excellent, will be an ideal Bluetooth device when I’m travelling or out and about.

Are you having the same issue as me and some others with Tidal and bluetooth?..... the sound mutes after each track and needs either a pause/play cycle or waking the screen up to get the sound to restart?

Feb 19, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #1,311 of 3,610
Are you having the same issue as me and some others with Tidal and bluetooth?..... the sound mutes after each track and needs either a pause/play cycle or waking the screen up to get the sound to restart?

I haven’t so far but will test more tomorrow.

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #1,313 of 3,610

Interesting. Connected my FiiO BTR1K to the M6 and on the second track in Tidal HiFi - just as you say, sound mutes until you wake up the screen.
Now, what I did was to set the screen sleep to 10 minutes or something.. and the same .. In that case you'll need to pause/play.

EDITED: @SteveUK I cleared the storage for Tidal, uninstalled it, and installed the latest apk from apkpure (2.11.4) and it didn't cut from song to song. I believed someone has proposed this solution (maybe just clearing the cache/storage for the app will do) in some part of this thread. Yeah that seems to do the trick.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #1,315 of 3,610
yes, DLNA... hmm, so you need a streamer app and only from mobile?

i'm using Audirvana on a Mac and on the same WiFi network Audirvana detects my AK KANN that has DNLA capabilities and i'm able to stream to that. I use KANN's line-out to my home receiver.

I was planning on using the M6 in the same fashion but it seems like this would not be possible?
I am successfully using DLNA on the M6.
I have a upnp server running on my windows PC and the M6 can see and play all the music on the media server.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #1,316 of 3,610
Interesting. Connected my FiiO BTR1K to the M6 and on the second track in Tidal HiFi - just as you say, sound mutes until you wake up the screen.
Now, what I did was to set the screen sleep to 10 minutes or something.. and the same .. In that case you'll need to pause/play.

EDITED: @SteveUK I cleared the storage for Tidal, uninstalled it, and installed the latest apk from apkpure (2.11.4) and it didn't cut from song to song. I believed someone has proposed this solution (maybe just clearing the cache/storage for the app will do) in some part of this thread. Yeah that seems to do the trick.

So I noticed my version of Tidal was 2.11.1..... thought I'd start by updating and it seems to have solved the problem. I'm so used to ota app updates that I hadn't thought to check the version... Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #1,317 of 3,610
One thing I've noticed with having the M6, given it's great capabilities viz price, is that I'm seriously considering collecting several over time, and assigning genre groups to different setups: eg one for Jazz, one for Rock, one for Classical. Food for thought.

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #1,318 of 3,610
@abitdeef

Hey quick question for you!

My friend has his A55 now and plans to do a thorough comparison with his M6 through the weekend. With any luck he will send it to me next week but he is also offering me a Hidizs AP80 for the same price $100.00 US. A friend of his is selling it and if I am interested he would send both together next week. I tried sifting through the 175 pages on the AP80 thread but it seems 90% of the posts are about delays in people getting their units and frustration over the fact it is still on a beta firmware.

I saw you posted alot about your frustrations in getting you AP80. Assuming you have it now do you think it is worth looking at? Or do you find the M6 is a much better player vs the AP80. I really don't want to pay the added expense of getting both players if the AP80 isn't worth it. Keeping in mind I am only interested in the UI and usability along with bluetooth functionality especially with LDAC. Spec wise power and battery life are same as my M0 so plenty good enough. I guess the big difference with the AP80 is the bigger screen for me.

I understand this is the M6 thread but I don't have time to sift through all the complaints on the AP80 thread to find any real feedback on the player itself. I quick assessment from you on the AP80 would be appreciated. The M6 is the definite unit I want to try and only the AP80 if it is worth comparing to the M6.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #1,320 of 3,610
Amazon.ca has the M6 arriving Feb 25th now. shocking, lol...

Yes that is why I never order early from amazon.ca. I always wait until it is in stock before I order it from them. In all fairness this is par for the course for alot of etailers. When I bought my Shanling M0 early from electronicsforless.ca it was pushed back two or three times as I recall. Only a $10.00 pre-order discount plus a 5% off first time order discount convinced me to order early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back