FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Feb 14, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #1,351 of 2,001
Fergz said:
.Thanks found it now how about making the volume go up ... haha

First impression this is a pretty thing and feels well built. If I ever get a gopro i will do a comparison of the M3, X3 and Clip+

The middle buttons (Arrows) will take volume up and down. Max volume I believe can be set in settings.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #1,353 of 2,001
Thank you. I had a Kindle fire tablet and M3 delivered at the same time. not sure which one to play with first

Both can be fun, enjoy:beers:

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,355 of 2,001
I really wish the M3 had the file support options that the X5 and other Fiio DAPs have, something that portable with that kind of file support would really be appealing to me.  Then again, I'm sure there's some DAP that's tiny that fits everything I'd want, I just haven't heard of it yet.  Or realized it's something I should pursue.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,356 of 2,001
I really wish the M3 had the file support options that the X5 and other Fiio DAPs have, something that portable with that kind of file support would really be appealing to me.  Then again, I'm sure there's some DAP that's tiny that fits everything I'd want, I just haven't heard of it yet.  Or realized it's something I should pursue.
I must say that expecting DSD playback suport on a $80 DAP intended to portable is a little bit too much. Portability usually means being taken outdoor, and boy outside noise can be unforgiving to sound fidelity.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #1,357 of 2,001
I must say that expecting DSD playback suport on a $80 DAP intended to portable is a little bit too much. Portability usually means being taken outdoor, and boy outside noise can be unforgiving to sound fidelity.

Let me clarify, I really wish there was a DAP with the M3 size with the X1/3/5/7 file compatibility options specifically 192 support. I wasn't referring to DSD, and I'd happily pay more.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #1,358 of 2,001
Hi Everybody,
I'm new to the forum so bare with me!
I was looking for a new mp3 player as im finding my nearly 3 year old Cowon X9 to act a bit weird of recent months (fast forwarding on its on, weaker charge) and have kept my eye on a Fiio X3 for a while but the price and size of it is a bit off putting as i use my mp3 player alot at work and exercise.
Today i've been reading up on the Fiio M3 and seems really good for the price and its on offer on Amazon at the moment, and i've also seen stuff on the Fiio K1, my question really being an audio lover but a bit of a newbie with dacs/amps etc would these two be a good pairing? would i need extra cables?
Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #1,359 of 2,001
Let me clarify, I really wish there was a DAP with the M3 size with the X1/3/5/7 file compatibility options specifically 192 support. I wasn't referring to DSD, and I'd happily pay more.

Does you XDX2 and Clip support those?

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,361 of 2,001
  Hi Everybody,
I was looking for a new mp3 player as im finding my nearly 3 year old Cowon X9 to act a bit weird of recent months (fast forwarding on its on, weaker charge) and have kept my eye on a Fiio X3 for a while but the price and size of it is a bit off putting as i use my mp3 player alot at work and exercise.
Today i've been reading up on the Fiio M3 and seems really good for the price and its on offer on Amazon at the moment, and i've also seen stuff on the Fiio K1, my question really being an audio lover but a bit of a newbie with dacs/amps etc would these two be a good pairing? would i need extra cables?
Thanks!!

I myself would need no reason for the K1 except it might be a good solution for strapping the M3 to an amp that had a belt clip, as far as working out the M3 is light, sounds great and there already is a arm strap holder for it
wink_face.gif
Maybe the K1 would help if you wanted to drive less sensitive cans but IMHO for a light and extremely portable DAP the M3 is pretty sweet
bigsmile_face.gif
I think it is just what the market needed in a really good sounding lightweight DAP, seems to resist sweat well and will drive even my Havi B3's but not with the authority I like but will. As far as cable I'm sure the K1 comes with a mini to mini HPO cable as all FiiO amps do
smily_headphones1.gif
Don't know if this helped but thought I would give my $.02

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #1,362 of 2,001
I don't exactly understand why people seem to want to start an argument here.

I'm sure not trying to start anything here, just wanting to know why you think anyone is going to make an $55 player with capabilities usually found at two and three times the price? My answer above basically says what I feel FiiO was shooting for with the M3
wink_face.gif
Sorry if you feel offended or challenged with a simple question.
beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #1,365 of 2,001
  Hi Everybody,
Thanks!!

Hazi, I stand corrected! Have not read up on the K1 and I see it's has a USB input so you would need a different cable in order to attach the M3, this would be a new connection for me and I'm not even sure what that cable configuration is yet but I better learn before I step on my tongue
eek.gif
I'm sure someone here or even James can advise
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back