FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Feb 18, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,382 of 2,001

Hello David, it's these with the 4 core silver cable
wink_face.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-HCK-UE-DIY-Fever-Custom-Around-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Monitor-Headphones-Noise-Headset-With/32567488610.html

Just wondering, is there a sound advantage to cable 2? Any description of the earphone sound? If you're from the U.S., about how long did it take to get them? On the same page there is an ad for another earphone, called the Zircon Stereo earphone.  Any idea how they compare with the Fever Customs? Thanks.

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #1,383 of 2,001
  Just wondering, is there a sound advantage to cable 2? Any description of the earphone sound? If you're from the U.S., about how long did it take to get them? On the same page there is an ad for another earphone, called the Zircon Stereo earphone.  Any idea how they compare with the Fever Customs? Thanks.

Check the Chinese thread for info and impressions by many on the Rock Zircon's as they have a big following. I went with the 4 core silver based on another members impressions with his, silver seems to really make those highs shine and I'm no basshead but I do like a solid punch. For me these HCK UE fever custom's wallop my Zircon's but they are very different iem's. The Zircon's are true bass monsters!

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #1,384 of 2,001
Thanks for the earphones advice guys! i took a chance on a pair of Rock Zircons and a pair of Cosonic W1's purely because they were both extremely cheap to buy! :) 
Hopefully get my M3 tomorrow! Just one more thing if someone could advise me, i think i understand the whole changing the language thing and firmware update stuff (read plenty of pages on those two things lol) but what i wanted to know really was does the M3 require any initial charge time when first turned on? anything to look out for during the first time i turn it on? any tips and tricks sort of thing, and also what do you guys use in the way of protecting the player from bumps and dings as i havent seen any sort of case or silicone skin for these devices yet, only the arm band for running?
Thanks everyone!

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #1,386 of 2,001
Hellllllllp!?

Ive just got my M3 and it wont recognize any of my micro sd cards? ive done the FAT32 stuff on them with GUIFORMAT and even formatted them through the M3 and still nothing, any help would be really appreciated

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,388 of 2,001
Hi there guys,
Well i think i got it reading now, the only thing i did different with the final attempt at formatting of the sd card was change it to 16384 in the allocation size and it accepted that as a valid format to read (i should say to my previous post i said it didnt read any cards, but i meant it read them and acknowledged a card was inserted but kept saying invalid format) 

frustrating couple of hours there but now time to enjoy this tiny player!!

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,390 of 2,001
I'm considering the Yuin PK2 for my M3. Ebay has some good prices, but they are to be shipped from Hong Kong. I fear that that may not be genuine. I got a response from the seller, " All the products we are offering are 100% genuine. We could refund your money if you were not satisfied with it." I'm not sure whether this response assures me enough. I don't have too much experience buying from foreign sources, other than those on Amazon, and, I have had no problem with them, as far as I know. So, is there some way to determine whether a seller is honest and is selling a genuine product? Is a price of $45 too good to be true for the PK2's?

Also, I was looking for a 32 GB micro card for the M3 and found the following 64 GB card for $14.99 with free shipping:

Silicon Power 64GB up to 85MB/s MicroSDXC UHS-1 Class10, Elite Flash Memory Card with Adaptor (SP064GBSTXBU1V20SP)

I bought two because of the great price and good reviews. I used the formatting option on the M3. the card was immediately recognized. I dragged songs onto it, and have had no problem whatsoever with the cards. I can't verify their longevity, but, so far, I've been very satisfied. So, if anyone is looking for a 64 GB micro card, you might want to consider the Silicon Power card.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,391 of 2,001
  I'm considering the Yuin PK2 for my M3. Ebay has some good prices, but they are to be shipped from Hong Kong. I fear that that may not be genuine. I got a response from the seller, " All the products we are offering are 100% genuine. We could refund your money if you were not satisfied with it." I'm not sure whether this response assures me enough. I don't have too much experience buying from foreign sources, other than those on Amazon, and, I have had no problem with them, as far as I know. So, is there some way to determine whether a seller is honest and is selling a genuine product? Is a price of $45 too good to be true for the PK2's?

Also, I was looking for a 32 GB micro card for the M3 and found the following 64 GB card for $14.99 with free shipping:

Silicon Power 64GB up to 85MB/s MicroSDXC UHS-1 Class10, Elite Flash Memory Card with Adaptor (SP064GBSTXBU1V20SP)

I bought two because of the great price and good reviews. I used the formatting option on the M3. the card was immediately recognized. I dragged songs onto it, and have had no problem whatsoever with the cards. I can't verify their longevity, but, so far, I've been very satisfied. So, if anyone is looking for a 64 GB micro card, you might want to consider the Silicon Power card.

You see Massdrop is running the PK1's too.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/yuin-pk1?utm_placement=24&referer=PR3LLV&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-02-22&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional

This is my current ultra portable rig
wink_face.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,392 of 2,001

You see Massdrop is running the PK1's too.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/yuin-pk1?utm_placement=24&referer=PR3LLV&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-02-22&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional

This is my current ultra portable rig
wink_face.gif

Yeah, I saw it. In fact, that's what turned me onto the pk2. I don't know how true it actually is, but from what I read, in order to get the benefit of the pk1, an external amp is almost necessary. So, I figured that the pk2 might be almost as good since I'm using the M3 mostly for cycling, skiing, and other activities and don't want to carry an amp. The cheaper price is also a plus. Any disagreement with my reasoning?

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #1,393 of 2,001
  Yeah, I saw it. In fact, that's what turned me onto the pk2. I don't know how true it actually is, but from what I read, in order to get the benefit of the pk1, an external amp is almost necessary. So, I figured that the pk2 might be almost as good since I'm using the M3 mostly for cycling, skiing, and other activities and don't want to carry an amp. The cheaper price is also a plus. Any disagreement with my reasoning?

Not at all rtar, I also think the M3 has great power for it's diminutive size. These Rockets are not near as sensitive as a lot of my KZ's and it drives them just fine, should handle the PK2 with ease
wink_face.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,394 of 2,001
Not at all rtar, I also think the M3 has great power for it's diminutive size. These Rockets are not near as sensitive as a lot of my KZ's and it drives them just fine, should handle the PK2 with ease:wink_face:

If I remember, the Sansa Clip+ & Zip had a third or so the output power of the M3, and people often used those without an amp with great satisfaction. The M3 should be more than capable for most IEMs/earbuds without concern.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #1,395 of 2,001
If I remember, the Sansa Clip+ & Zip had a third or so the output power of the M3, and people often used those without an amp with great satisfaction. The M3 should be more than capable for most IEMs/earbuds without concern.

I assume you're describing the pk1? If that's correct, would their sound, compared to the pk2 be better enough to offset the difference in price (in your opinion)? If anyone else has an opinion concerning the pk1 as compared to the pk2, I would be appreciative. Remember I will be using the earphones almost exclusively out side, "on the go" for my activities.....not inside sitting on my recliner.....if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back