FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Feb 17, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,366 of 2,001
Haha thankyou Podster for the update!
Ok so in your helpful opinion you think the M3 would be fine without a headphone amp like the K1? like i say im an ignorant when it comes to headphone amps, would any of the Fiio players need additional hardware like the K1 say to be a real benefit or would i be wasting money on not-needed tech? really want an audio upgrade from my Cowon X9 but the price of the M3 is telling me thats not going to do it?
Cheers!!

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #1,367 of 2,001
Haha thankyou Podster for the update!
Ok so in your helpful opinion you think the M3 would be fine without a headphone amp like the K1? like i say im an ignorant when it comes to headphone amps, would any of the Fiio players need additional hardware like the K1 say to be a real benefit or would i be wasting money on not-needed tech? really want an audio upgrade from my Cowon X9 but the price of the M3 is telling me thats not going to do it?
Cheers!!

Try it without and if you need more oomph to drive your headphones I would try the Fiio e6 amp instead....small like the K1 but battery powered whereas the K1 needs plugging into a USB for power.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #1,368 of 2,001
The K1 is a DAC and amp combined. To get it to work you need to extract a digital signal. I'm pretty sure you can't do that with the M3, so the two are imcompatible.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,369 of 2,001
Thanks guys for the advice! think i might just take a gamble on the M3 on its own then, Amazon have it for £49 at the moment which seems not bad at all considering the specs and reviews its been getting. Still just curious to anyone who has any knowledge or experience on if i would see an audio upgrade coming from a Cowon X9 to the M3
Great thread though and really helpful people here! thanks again!

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,370 of 2,001
Difficult to say on the audio upgrade..... I would guess there would be, my old Cowon is probably way behind the X9 but from experience the Cowon players offer a lot of sound changing options (colouration) which I loved. Since buying a couple of DAP units which offer a more natural sound and support FLAC/ALAC/DSD I have stopped using equalisers and alterations.
My current DAP is great and I was considering an M3 as well for the gym.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,371 of 2,001
I have owned several Cowons (G3, D3, & J3). They are very good especially if you like to tinker to adjust the sound just the way that you like it, because of their varied ways of processing music. Then I got my Hidizs AP100, which I prefer over the J3. Admittedly, I've never heard  the ultra expensive players, but I can't see how they can be better enough to justify the difference in price. I am very happy with the AP100. However, it didn't lend itself for outdoor activity.....too bulky. Since I'm an avid cyclist and skier, I began looking for a small DAP, that would be better than my clip+ (which I had been using for my activities).  The colorfly C3 was the first that I considered, but the touch screen turned me off. Then, I narrowed down my search to the Xduoo X2 and Fiio M3. Each had its pro's and con's. After reading every review and article that I could find about each, on head-fi & other sites, I decided on the M3. I think that the two things that won me over.......the M3's custom equalizer, and its ability to hang from a lanyard. These may be trivial to some, but they are important to me. Anyway, I bought the M3 with some reservations. I now have the M3 and the reservations have disappeared. It's better in every way than I could have ever imagined. Is it perfect?......No, but I really am thoroughly satisfied with it. The only question I have is how could they put together such a quality player into such a small package....at such a reasonable price? If you need a small DAP, as far as I'm concerned, look no further than the M3.  

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,372 of 2,001
I have an answer to a question that I asked a while ago. With FW 1.7, to remove a song from a playlist (including favorites), go to the song in the playlist, hold the menu button, and you will get an option to remove the song (other option is to play the song).

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #1,373 of 2,001
  I have owned several Cowons (G3, D3, & J3). They are very good especially if you like to tinker to adjust the sound just the way that you like it, because of their varied ways of processing music. Then I got my Hidizs AP100, which I prefer over the J3. Admittedly, I've never heard  the ultra expensive players, but I can't see how they can be better enough to justify the difference in price. I am very happy with the AP100. However, it didn't lend itself for outdoor activity.....too bulky. Since I'm an avid cyclist and skier, I began looking for a small DAP, that would be better than my clip+ (which I had been using for my activities).  The colorfly C3 was the first that I considered, but the touch screen turned me off. Then, I narrowed down my search to the Xduoo X2 and Fiio M3. Each had its pro's and con's. After reading every review and article that I could find about each, on head-fi & other sites, I decided on the M3. I think that the two things that won me over.......the M3's custom equalizer, and its ability to hang from a lanyard. These may be trivial to some, but they are important to me. Anyway, I bought the M3 with some reservations. I now have the M3 and the reservations have disappeared. It's better in every way than I could have ever imagined. Is it perfect?......No, but I really am thoroughly satisfied with it. The only question I have is how could they put together such a quality player into such a small package....at such a reasonable price? If you need a small DAP, as far as I'm concerned, look no further than the M3.  

I concur wholeheartedly
wink_face.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #1,374 of 2,001
Thanks everyone! really helpful advice given! just ordered one and a 64gb micro sd :) now if anyone can point me in the direction of a good pair of earbuds for around £40 or under i will be even more grateful!!! mostly for exercise use but some that would compliment the M3 well?

:)

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,375 of 2,001
  Thanks everyone! really helpful advice given! just ordered one and a 64gb micro sd :) now if anyone can point me in the direction of a good pair of earbuds for around £40 or under i will be even more grateful!!! mostly for exercise use but some that would compliment the M3 well?

:)

These are my workout buds Hazi, they do real well with SWEAT and sound excellent on my M3
wink_face.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cosonic-W1-sports-headphones-bass-earhook-headset-phone-headset-wire-wholesale-a-generation-of-fat/32382391803.html

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #1,376 of 2,001
Feb 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,377 of 2,001
For $7 and a recommendation, I'm sold. Went ahead and ordered it in blue.

Well now remember I suggested these for working out in a less than desirable atmosphere for quality listening but they sound very good especially for $7
wink_face.gif
With that said I'm sure you won't be disappointed with that purchase
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,380 of 2,001

Hello David, it's these with the 4 core silver cable
wink_face.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-HCK-UE-DIY-Fever-Custom-Around-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Monitor-Headphones-Noise-Headset-With/32567488610.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back