FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Jan 15, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,217 of 2,001

Haha thats very generous of you but I'm out in Australia so it may be a bit much to ask. The third and larger flange on my Etymotic tips has some overhang and that allows me to insert the buds deeper than usual which is why I use them - in order to be more conformable sleeping- do these tips also overhang the nozzle? I'm in no need for some new tips as I have a fair few that work well anyway :) 

Even Down Under would not be too bad on an airmail envelope if your still interested NoCon
wink_face.gif
If not here you go:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Replacement-Triple-flange-tips-for-for-mon-ster-headset-inner-dia-4mm-fit-most-earphone-ear/32298915023.html

beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,219 of 2,001
  Questioin: Can the M3 play music files through sub-folders? E.g The way I sort my music goes by : Artist(Folder) ~> Album Folder(s). If I choose to play by Folder & select the Artist Folder, Will it play all the music file that are inside the Album folders? 

It will start with the folder you pick, but will end up playing through all folders thereafter.  It can't play a folder and stop, it can only repeat shuffle, or play through all folders.

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #1,224 of 2,001
Sorry - but from someone with quite a bit of experience with a variety of DAPs - the last thing the M3 sounds is bright. It's more on the slightly warm side. If the X2 is comparatively darker or warmer again, then I don't think I'd like it very much ........

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #1,225 of 2,001
Sorry - but from someone with quite a bit of experience with a variety of DAPs - the last thing the M3 sounds is bright. It's more on the slightly warm side. If the X2 is comparatively darker or warmer again, then I don't think I'd like it very much ........

Ditto, I'd be more inclined to believe it's your phones before the M3 and if you find the M3 bright don't buy an X3ii:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #1,226 of 2,001
Been listening to it for 1 week with gr07be , i prefer xduoo x2 sound, m3 is neutral, bit bright, lack of impact on bass and soundstage, felt dull when listening to metalcore with m3
= = = = = 
And your observation and experience are as valid as anyone else's.  For at the end of the day, "expert opinions" matter less than what your ears hear.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,227 of 2,001
And you do understand that Brooko and Podster said what they say to avoid any misunderstandings right? Also what they said are still true, the M3's sounds is comparatively warmer than most DAP out there.
Only tried the X2 for very brief (comparing base hiss with my M3 at the shop) so can't really comment, but if a person say it's even warmer than M3 It's probably alright I didn't spent too much time on it.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #1,230 of 2,001
A week later from getting my M3 and two days now of using Soundmagic's E80 with it was a pleasant revelation how my collection of Classical Guitar proved to be very engaging. A fresh listening experience compared to using my older A73 and Ortofon's EQ-5.  The latter two are still very good to my ears, but I suppose this an example of that term - synergy.

Overall, I am getting to like this M3 more and more. It is so small and light that tucked inside my shirt pocket, the only thing my body feels to have on are the earphones and of course, the music.

Another good job coming from Fiio. Music lovers on a budget and/or simply wanting a simple player-on the go will find this M3 a very good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back