FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,066 of 2,001
The M3 seems well built to me. I think my Clip+ and Fuze are good too. On another forum, some folks thought the M3 seemed cheaply built and were more impressed with the Sansa's. I'd say they're about even. I returned my M3 because the player couldn't do what I wanted and because I did not like the UI. Others are fine with the M3's shortcomings, I was not. I don't see much improvement in the future due to its chipset and RAM limitations.

thanks you're the best, buying a used clip

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #1,067 of 2,001
Apple has helped technology go backwards. Apple started the no removable battery with no expandable memory and cheap ***** audio components. And then other companies followed from there.The problem I have is prices for most portable DAPS is not cheap and to have to depend on a battery is wrong (IMHO). If I am paying the price of  an X7, I want to be able to have the battery replaced easily by me.

When the time comes to have my battery replaced in the Fiio X3II, can I send it in to be replaced?

I think Apple (IPod Classic) along with Sony (A Series Walkmans) and SanDisk (Clip) just about perfected the Portable music player by the end of the last decade. Perfectly formed devices

Only real improvement since is (relatively minor) sound quality at the cost of everything else All IMO

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,068 of 2,001
As far as expandable memory The IPod didn't need it, the Clip+ had it and the Sony with the brilliant A10 series finally got it.

Non removable batteries? Apple (especially) and Sony seem to never deteriorate and the SanDisk was so cheap to replace anyway.

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,069 of 2,001
I think Apple (IPod Classic) along with Sony (A Series Walkmans) and SanDisk (Clip) just about perfected the Portable music player by the end of the last decade. Perfectly formed devices

Only real improvement since is (relatively minor) sound quality at the cost of everything else All IMO

The iPod Classic perfect? Nope. It used a hard drive and as we know, hard drives can be a big issue especially when it's being bung and shook and so forth while being used. If the hard drive goes, the iPod is toast.I much prefer removable memory cards. The memory card gives up and you just buy another.

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #1,070 of 2,001
Well never had a problem with mine (either of them) Used and occasionally dropped! for many years. Sorry if yours wasn't so good but there are plenty of reliability issues with other players

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,072 of 2,001
Dec 22, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,078 of 2,001
I cannot speak for the Sony, but the M3 is better than the iPod Shuffle.

In what way. Design? Sound quality.

I think The Shuffle is a very nicer sounding device possibly better and certainly louder than my Z3 or its big brother Classic

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,079 of 2,001
Hi, may i know how this small dap player fare against smartphone players? I have a Sony Z3 and ipod shuffle. Is Fiio M3 better than these two?

My M3 completely destroys bot my Shuffle and 7th Gen. Nano in SQ, UI and feature set are another story for right now but I think FiiO will be addressing these issues shortly. Just my $.02 as many can't seem to get past Replay-Gain, 4000 track listing, Folder organization and play modes!

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #1,080 of 2,001
Just received mine last night from Amazon and had the weirdest issue. So when transferring mp3’s to the player it will automatically list the songs in alphabetical order rather than by track number. So I had to number my tracks, but then track 10 showed up between track 1 and track 2. So I made sure to put 0’s in front of tracks 1 through 9, then used the re-ordering tool posted about 10 pages ago, and it showed up correctly in the utility ordered by name. But STILL on the player it would go 01, 10, 02, etc… 09, 11, 12. What the heck. Then I converted it to WAV and FLAC and FLAC ordered the files correctly but not WAV. What the heck.

Also it says it can play WMA files but mine would not play WMA files (I used to rip CD’s with lossless WMA using Zune don’t judge me).

Also it says that for CUE files they won’t work with FLAC but should work with everything else, but it does NOT work with mp3’s (another Amazon reviewer confirmed this as well). So if you want to use CUE files you gotta use it with something other than FLAC or mp3…

Another UI annoyance is that there's no way to view the queue for what's currently on the "now playing" list. You gotta re-navigate to the folder/artist.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back