FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 5, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #827 of 2,001
Glad to see such positive reaction to the M3. 

You have peaked my interest but I think I will still hold off until the first firmware update.  Boxing day in Canada is coming after Christmas so I am hoping there might be a deal to be had.

Unfortunately iems are not an option for me as I have very sensitive ears and prone to ear infections so I don't like putting anything in my ears.  I still have my E11K amp so I will likely stack it with the M3 as my grab and go setup.  I will need the extra juice for my on-ear P5's.  Size wise they should make a pretty nice little stack.

I was a little disappointed when James at Fiio said the M5 is not a definite go as I would have liked to see what Fiio had in store for it.  Something small between the size of the M3 and the X1 would be great with about 20 hours of battery life.  Perhaps more memory on board and more power.  Oh well might just have to grab the M3 for now.

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #828 of 2,001
Just placed my order from Tinbel. I was originally going to wait for some more impressions, but I figured it couldn't be any worse than my first generation Clip.

12 left in stock as of this writing, but I recall it saying there were only 3 left in stock yesterday afternoon, so they must've updated their numbers.

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #830 of 2,001
Just got my M3. Very impressed with sound quality - and even the supplied earbuds are great.

I seem to have an issue with the ordering of folders. It seems that they are listed in the order in which they are copied to the sd card / internal memory rather than in alphabetical order. Not the end of the world - but a bit annoying. hope this can be addressed in future firmware update.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #833 of 2,001
Just got my M3. Very impressed with sound quality - and even the supplied earbuds are great.

I seem to have an issue with the ordering of folders. It seems that they are listed in the order in which they are copied to the sd card / internal memory rather than in alphabetical order. Not the end of the world - but a bit annoying. hope this can be addressed in future firmware update.

Download this program to sort out the folder

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #834 of 2,001
Wokei

Many thanks for the rapid reply and solving my file ordering problem. I really appreciate the help.

The utility you sent me for file re-ordering works great. only issue is that it will only work with FAT 32 and not with ex-FAT. In my enthusiasm to test my new toy I had forgotten to re-format my SD card from the supplied ex-FAT to FAT 32. So a lesson learned !

Incidentally it appears that I didn't experience the problem with my X3ii ? But maybe I was just lucky in the order I transferred the files to the SD card ?

Anyway - thanks again for the rapid help & support.

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #835 of 2,001
All of mine are in order but I have noticed if I go to my music list via albums I don't have the full name of the album, a lot of the title is missing, everything is there when I search by folder and again they are in alphabetical order.

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #836 of 2,001
  Wokei

Many thanks for the rapid reply and solving my file ordering problem. I really appreciate the help.

The utility you sent me for file re-ordering works great. only issue is that it will only work with FAT 32 and not with ex-FAT. In my enthusiasm to test my new toy I had forgotten to re-format my SD card from the supplied ex-FAT to FAT 32. So a lesson learned !

Incidentally it appears that I didn't experience the problem with my X3ii ? But maybe I was just lucky in the order I transferred the files to the SD card ?

Anyway - thanks again for the rapid help & support.

How did you transfer the files?  I use Windows media player to sync all of my files to the card and then Windows automatically put everything in order alphabetically.  This carries over to my X3II in the same order.  Anyone else have this issue with their M3?

Thanks

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #837 of 2,001
@ Fourrobert 13

I just connect the M3 directly to my PC (Windows 7) and then drag & drop files onto the SD card.

I used the same method for my X3ii - the only difference is that my X3 had a 128G card (FLAC files) and the M3 a 64GB card (mp3 files).

All seems to be working fine since I re-ordered the folders using the utility provided. I needed to re-order on both the internal & external memory, but its very quick providing you have the card formatted in FAT 32.

Thanks !

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #839 of 2,001
  How did you transfer the files?  I use Windows media player to sync all of my files to the card and then Windows automatically put everything in order alphabetically.  This carries over to my X3II in the same order.  Anyone else have this issue with their M3?

Thanks

Yes - it's the M3 - and doesn't occur with the other Fiio DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back