FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 7, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #856 of 2,001
@ fourrobert13

I think it will make more sense when you actually receive your M3.

When I loaded the folders to the SD card, I added them in a somewhat random order. Although these show as sorted alphabetically sorted on Windows 7 view, they are actually compiled based on order of transferring to the SD card. By using the sorting utility, the folders are then re-ordered by alphabetical order. But if you are viewing sorted by alphabetical order in Windows, you will not see any difference.

Hope that makes sense ?

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #857 of 2,001
  Am i missing something with the utility program.  There's not much as far as instructions go.  Do i need to apply the sort to each individual file and save it, or to the whole folder?  I've got it set to go off the long name and hit save, but it doesn't appear to do anything.  I have the same results when i do it by individual file.  You have any input?

Thanks

I'll check with the M3 when I get home tonight.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #861 of 2,001
  Am i missing something with the utility program.  There's not much as far as instructions go.  Do i need to apply the sort to each individual file and save it, or to the whole folder?  I've got it set to go off the long name and hit save, but it doesn't appear to do anything.  I have the same results when i do it by individual file.  You have any input?

Thanks

Just tried it - works great.

Open utility.
Disk > Open (choose disk)
Highlight folders to be sorted
Folder > Sort
Folder > Save
Wait for it to finish saving
Disk > Close

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #862 of 2,001
Finally got mine today and have sat here for a few minutes with it.  I did not use that utility that was provided and all of my stuff is in alphabetical order just as it was synced on the card by Windows media player (this is in folder view).  Even the sub folders are alphabetical.  The UI has a learning curve, but I've gotten the hang of it in just a few minutes.  With the stock earbuds, it sounds ok, but I will try my Sennheiser PX100-II tomorrow and whatever else this little thing can drive.  Thanks to whoever posted how to get it to English, super helpful!!!  Even though it's not gapless, so far I hear no clicks or anything between tracks.  The control on the earbuds is kind of in a weird spot IMO, but does work and faded in and out which is nice.  Give me a week or so and I'll get more detailed about it.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #863 of 2,001

Just tried it - works great.

Open utility.
Disk > Open (choose disk)
Highlight folders to be sorted
Folder > Sort
Folder > Save
Wait for it to finish saving
Disk > Close

I downloaded and reinstalled it and still did the same thing I described earlier.  See my above post, I did not have that issue and everything was displayed in alphabetical order without using the utility program.  Even sub folders.  I only have music on the card, not the internal storage, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or how I put the files on the card.

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #864 of 2,001
Guys, has anyone compared the M3 with the Xduoo M2? they cost the same, do the same, so wondering which one to get since I already got a fiio x1, x3, some ipod classics and nanos and clips, so I'm thinking of getting just one, either the fiio m3 or the xduoo m2 (I'll be using it with flac files, I always use flac on the daps, and leave the mp3's for the phone with the bbe sonic max pro app).

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #867 of 2,001
Tiny chassis, big sound. OOTB I'm very impressed with the sound quality of the little M3 and that is with my VJJ-B V1's
bigsmile_face.gif
I just loaded up my pre-loaded mSD card from the N5 tour and test track  files that the M3 does support started playing right off. Guess I'll buy a little 64GB for this thing and load it with files it likes
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #868 of 2,001
@FiiO

Sorry if someone has asked this before or you have already stated this.

Is the M3 likely to support ALAC format in the near future? I'm interested in getting one but most of my songs are in Apple lossless.

Cheers!

EDIT: I just read it doesn't support ALAC. Wish it does nonetheless. :)

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #870 of 2,001
Tiny chassis, big sound. OOTB I'm very impressed with the sound quality of the little M3 and that is with my VJJ-B V1's:bigsmile_face: I just loaded up my pre-loaded mSD card from the N5 tour and test track  files that the M3 does support started playing right off. Guess I'll buy a little 64GB for this thing and load it with files it likes:D

That's a neat little DAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back