FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 6, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #842 of 2,001
Wokei

Many thanks for the rapid reply and solving my file ordering problem. I really appreciate the help.

The utility you sent me for file re-ordering works great. only issue is that it will only work with FAT 32 and not with ex-FAT. In my enthusiasm to test my new toy I had forgotten to re-format my SD card from the supplied ex-FAT to FAT 32. So a lesson learned !

Incidentally it appears that I didn't experience the problem with my X3ii ? But maybe I was just lucky in the order I transferred the files to the SD card ?

Anyway - thanks again for the rapid help & support.

Happy to help and enjoy yr new M3 :D

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #846 of 2,001
  Such an odd quirk, don't you think?

L5 Pro does the same thing.  I already had the utility Wokei posted - have to use it for that too.

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #849 of 2,001
does it have an amp/dac chip?  is the sound as refined as the x1? can anyone confirm?
im almost on the verge of getting it + ex1.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #850 of 2,001
  does it have an amp/dac chip?  is the sound as refined as the x1? can anyone confirm?

Sure it has a DAC/amp chip (though it is all inside the same chip), or else it won't make any sound.

No, it is not on the same level as X1, but I won't say it is very far off either.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #851 of 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoriac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As per the first page it uses an integrated chip, similar to mainstream devices. Unlike mainstream devices that make around 15mW at 16ohms the M3 is rated at 40mW at 32ohms, presumably at comparable distortion levels. You basically get around half the output of the X1. On an IEM with 100dB++ sensitivity it's highly unlikely you'd get either to distort anyway (it's hard enough to get an iPad to have audible distortion on such IEMs) but of course since they aren't the same DAC and amp chip there's the possibility that the M3 might have a different kind of innate distortion and has different distortion characteristics as you push it.

That said I wouldn't really expect the difference to be audible in most IEMs unless you're critically listening, which is not really how the M3 is primarily going to be used by those who want something that small (ie, they're on a train/bus or at work) and personally buying decision rests more on how small you want your player to be and which UI (by that I mean the hardware side also) you prefer, the most important difference being the nav wheel on the X1.

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #852 of 2,001
Hi guys I'm not pretty good at describing the SQ of the player however my take on M3 in short is it sounds fantastic for its price.

I have Dita the answer edition and pairing with M3 the bass especially is bit pronounced however with my pono is a perfect pairing. So I am assuming any headphone or iem which is tuned towards neutral or flat will be perfect with M3. This is my preference but there are many who love bass heavy quality of their music so should be fine with most iems or headphones out there.

I have ordered Finder X1 which has been described as a transparent IEM so I'm assuming will be a great pairing with M3. Can't wait:grinning:

My advice don't think too hard just order the M3 and enjoy✌

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #853 of 2,001

L5 Pro does the same thing.  I already had the utility Wokei posted - have to use it for that too.

Am i missing something with the utility program.  There's not much as far as instructions go.  Do i need to apply the sort to each individual file and save it, or to the whole folder?  I've got it set to go off the long name and hit save, but it doesn't appear to do anything.  I have the same results when i do it by individual file.  You have any input?

Thanks

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #854 of 2,001
@ fourrobert13

To use the utility to re-order I just did the following:

1) Connected the M3 via the USB cable to my PC
2) Ran the utility
3) Opened up the appropriate disk (via Disk)
4) Then just pressed "save" at the bottom of the utility

You may need to do this for files stored both on the internal memory and the SD card. they should show up as separate drives.

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #855 of 2,001
  @ fourrobert13

To use the utility to re-order I just did the following:

1) Connected the M3 via the USB cable to my PC
2) Ran the utility
3) Opened up the appropriate disk (via Disk)
4) Then just pressed "save" at the bottom of the utility

You may need to do this for files stored both on the internal memory and the SD card. they should show up as separate drives.

I connected my micro card and opened the disk.  I chose how i wanted it and hit save, but got no confirmation that anything happened.  My files still disply the same and appears nothing changed.  I don't have my M3 yet (will be here later today) so i was experimenting with this now.  Do i need to wait for the M3 to see if this worked because i'm not seeing it on my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back