FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Oct 30, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #406 of 2,001
Why not? With a portable device battery life is the most important thing. Without battery power the device is useless. Of all the mp3 players I have owned, I found that insufficient battery life has been the greatest shortcoming. When I was using portable tape players and portable CD players I never had this problem, as I carried a few spare AA batteries. Carrying a usb battery pack and usb cable is cumbersome, and using the player while it is charging off the usb battery pack is very annoying. 

It was necessary to carry spare batteries back then. 18 hours is plenty for most people. Sadly for you, it's not, and you are in the minority. It's not that difficult to plug your dap in overnight a couple of times per week.

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #407 of 2,001
  Why not? With a portable device battery life is the most important thing. Without battery power the device is useless. Of all the mp3 players I have owned, I found that insufficient battery life has been the greatest shortcoming. When I was using portable tape players and portable CD players I never had this problem, as I carried a few spare AA batteries. Carrying a usb battery pack and usb cable is cumbersome, and using the player while it is charging off the usb battery pack is very annoying. 

I have no issues recharging my device when it needs it.  I don't carry a power pack either.  I know my device and how long it last, so I've never had any issues with running out of juice.
  At times people want to hear the latest news, weather forcast, or sports scores. HD radio isn't just about getting better sound quality. In some large metropolitan areas, all the news, sports, and talk stations are on AM. The largest of these though are simulcast on FM HD stations. 

This is what I use my phone for, but don't need HD radio, or FM or AM to get this info, i use apps.  I use a DAP to listen to my music.  My old Sansa Fuze and my clip+ have radios in them and i never used them.  Perhaps you should take all your ideals and build your own DAP with all the batteries and features you want and no included earbuds because FiiO isn't going to build one for you.  Until I read it in this thread, I forgot all about HD radio and honestly thought it went away already.

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #408 of 2,001
warrior, don't even try, he already explained his issue, he's afraid that if he has to charge the player once a week, he might forget about it and leave it home, and I bet there must be like, tens of people with the same problem, so he is using his right to ask for those aa batteries.
But really, are we discussing about this terrible problem that affects a couple of individuals or the fiio m3?

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #410 of 2,001
When will the M3 be available in the US?  Any idea when Amazon or B&H will have it? How about the M5?

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #412 of 2,001
I hope Audiogarden gets the M3 in stock before Nov 16 (my dad's birthday gift; he lost his nano)

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #413 of 2,001
  Hi James  just a few questions

What type of media manager will this come with this player ?

When does it go on sale ?

Will it read .m3u playlist files ?

Will it be available through Amazon ?

Thank you

Originally Posted by JamesFiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1, not sure what you mean but M3 does not need any media manager , all you need to do is put your music into M3 and play it.

2, We should start delivery M3 from 10th, Nov.

3, sorry not .m3u support

4, yes.

From a few days ago

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #415 of 2,001
Just got home from an ACL reconstruction surgery, so I'm going to have some time on my hands to enjoy some music in the upcoming months. Nothing like good music and prescription painkillers, eh? Can't wait for the M3 to be available, I'm buying one the second it's up somewhere.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #416 of 2,001
I was all set to buy the M3 but then saw the news about no m3u support.  

I use playlists every day for listening to music, so without some way to transfer them from my PC to the M3 it's a no-go for me. :frowning2:

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #420 of 2,001
Quote:
163K SRAM OC,  88K MASK ROM
So I guess Rockbox cannot on this device either.

frown.gif

Grandmaster ClieOS has stated, the sound is Clip killer
Now to wait for a video of UI functionality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back