FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Oct 30, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #392 of 2,001

I never owned a Zune had some friends that really liked theirs especially with win7 but they are hard to find now

Not at all hard to find on Ebay. The problem though is that these old players probably need a new battery to get decent run time. Finding a battery that is compatible and installing it is probably not so easy.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #394 of 2,001
Comparison of the size on the photo of the two small players, please?

iPod nano 7G, M3, and Clip+

Z1 is actually still a very small DAP. But because of its metal housing and small screen, it does weight a bit more and has a roomier internal space for PCB board. In contrast, the PCB inside M3 is tiny (yes, I did have a look inside).

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #396 of 2,001
To the people waiting years for a mp3 player with hd radio under $100, why not just getting an hd radio, there are some very good ones for just $50, you can get both the m3 AND the hd radio for $100, and those are so small that is not a problem carrying both devices.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #397 of 2,001
  To the people waiting years for a mp3 player with hd radio under $100, why not just getting an hd radio, there are some very good ones for just $50, you can get both the m3 AND the hd radio for $100, and those are so small that is not a problem carrying both devices.

Who makes a good pocket sized HD radio with long battery life for $50? I am not interested in the Audiovox, Insignia, or Sparc models. Does Sony, Grundig, Sangean, Philips, or Panasonic make one? I would greatly prefer having the radio together with an mp3 player and not separate.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #398 of 2,001
When will the M5 with bluetooth be launched? :)

When?????? I guess I will probably buy an M3, however I am even more interested in the M5.
I assume the M5 has FM radio, and 30+ hours of battery life with bluetooth turned off?

Oct 30, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #401 of 2,001

Indeed, which one would you recommend?,

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #402 of 2,001
I don't listen to hd radio on the go dude, what would be the point of buying expensive daps with big ass drives that play 24bit flacs, ripping our records or buying from hdtracks, putting our favorite music in them, spend time creating super cool playlists, if at the end I'd just put some local radio station and listen to whatever the radio guy plays (plus the all commercials)?

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #403 of 2,001
  more battery talk...really?

Why not? With a portable device battery life is the most important thing. Without battery power the device is useless. Of all the mp3 players I have owned, I found that insufficient battery life has been the greatest shortcoming. When I was using portable tape players and portable CD players I never had this problem, as I carried a few spare AA batteries. Carrying a usb battery pack and usb cable is cumbersome, and using the player while it is charging off the usb battery pack is very annoying. 

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #404 of 2,001
  I don't listen to hd radio on the go dude, what would be the point of buying expensive daps with big ass drives that play 24bit flacs, ripping our records or buying from hdtracks, putting our favorite music in them, spend time creating super cool playlists, if at the end I'd just put some local radio station and listen to whatever the radio guy plays (plus the all commercials)?

At times people want to hear the latest news, weather forcast, or sports scores. HD radio isn't just about getting better sound quality. In some large metropolitan areas, all the news, sports, and talk stations are on AM. The largest of these though are simulcast on FM HD stations. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back