FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Oct 29, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #376 of 2,001
Yep, what I meant is that everytime a new cheap player comes out we go "this is a clip killer", next week another one comes out and we go "no, this is the clip killer", and now we are saying it about the m3 which is not even out yet, surely it will be a great player, and for what is seems very similar to the clips, and of course I'll go and get one or two if it comes in different colors, but each will have their very own market, fiio is kind of like a "secret/private" audiophile brand (and we like that, don't we?), while for a clip we can just go to walmart or even toys'r'us and get one.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #377 of 2,001
Are the newer Clips that bad? I've only ever owned the first, and was about to drop the dosh for a Clip + until I heard about the M3.

Clip + is great The battery on mine is dying that's why I am looking for a replacement. Tried the Xduoo X2 and its great sounding player but it lacks a decent user friendly UI. I'm going to give the M3 a try, but i would gladly use another Clip+. The only issue now is because they are discontinued you have to make sure you get them from somewhere you trust, and the new Sansa players dont seem as a good as the Clip+

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #378 of 2,001
  Yep, what I meant is that everytime a new cheap player comes out we go "this is a clip killer", next week another one comes out and we go "no, this is the clip killer", and now we are saying it about the m3 which is not even out yet, surely it will be a great player, and for what is seems very similar to the clips, and of course I'll go and get one or two if it comes in different colors, but each will have their very own market, fiio is kind of like a "secret/private" audiophile brand (and we like that, don't we?), while for a clip we can just go to walmart or even toys'r'us and get one.

Wow, so they have that much of a reputation, huh? I think the M3 will be great too, and I'm looking forward to comparing it with my Clip.
  Clip + is great The battery on mine is dying that's why I am looking for a replacement. Tried the Xduoo X2 and its great sounding player but it lacks a decent user friendly UI. I'm going to give the M3 a try, but i would gladly use another Clip+. The only issue now is because they are discontinued you have to make sure you get them from somewhere you trust, and the new Sansa players dont seem as a good as the Clip+

Ah, I see. Thanks for your input. I've decided I'll be grabbing the M3 first, and may hunt down a + sometime down the road if I feel so inclined.

Also, am I correct in assuming the first shipment of M3's will be the white one, while the colored versions will be in a later shipment, @JamesFiiO ?

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #379 of 2,001
When will the M5 with bluetooth be launched? :)

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #380 of 2,001
  The only players I have heard of that get 40+ hours are Cowon, and i havent seen any portable HD radios that are anything but HD radio

The Zune HD had HD radio. It was expensive though.

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #381 of 2,001
  Guys, come on, we have been happy with players that only do mp3 and maybe also flac, but then something new comes from fiio and we are requesting so many things from a $50 player, I see an user wanting 40 hrs, that uses aa batteries but is small, hd radio and rockbox as os, someone else wants coaxial out, also amazing earphones and so on, all for $50, really?

I didn't say that a player with 40+ hours of battery life and a radio should be $50. I am hoping it is under $100 though.

Oct 30, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #384 of 2,001
will headfiers get a pre launch offer?
when is the lauch date on amazon again.. cant wait any longer..:p

Oct 30, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #385 of 2,001
  will headfiers get a pre launch offer?
when is the lauch date on amazon again.. cant wait any longer..:p

Sorry, it is unnecessary cause it will launch global  market soon. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 30, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #386 of 2,001
I have been listened to M3 since yesterday and I am rather surprised how good it is. Now I am not saying it will beat any full sized DAP, but I think it certain is as good, if not the best sounding small form factor DAP I have heard. Giving my iPod nano 7G a (big) run of its money.
compare with Moonlight z1?

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #387 of 2,001
  about the HD Radio, seems it may not become popular in the future cause people can use internet radio with 4G network in their smartphone.

Streaming uses plenty of power, giving short battery life. So called unlimitted data plans in the US typically throttle the user to a much slower data rate after they exceed a certain relatively small amount of usage. I also don't like to use a phone for music, as when I carry a phone it is because I might need to make or receive important calls. I do not want to run down the phone battery by listening to music. While some do carry a second phone which is a cheap no contract Android phone they use just for playing music, and stream music via WIFI, WIFI isn't available in many places. Some places also prohibit devices with a built in camera from entering the building, which is yet another reason for wanting a music player and not buying a cheap no contract Android phone just to play music. The nice thing about a cheap no contract Android phone is having an easily swappable battery, although these are proprietary. It would be nice to find such a phone the uses a standard inexpensive easily swappable lithium ion battery such as the 18650.

In the US, smartphone data plans can also be expensive, which is why many don't want to have to purchase one for a second phone. HD radio is nice since it is free. If one needs to pay $50 a month for a smartphone contract for a second phone, that is $600 a year. 

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #388 of 2,001
  Streaming uses plenty of power, giving short battery life. So called unlimitted data plans in the US typically throttle the user to a much slower data rate after they exceed a certain relatively small amount of usage. I also don't like to use a phone for music, as when I carry a phone it is because I might need to make or receive important calls. I do not want to run down the phone battery by listening to music. While some do carry a second phone which is a cheap no contract Android phone they use just for playing music, and stream music via WIFI, WIFI isn't available in many places. Some places also prohibit devices with a built in camera from entering the building, which is yet another reason for wanting a music player and not buying a cheap no contract Android phone just to play music. The nice thing about a cheap no contract Android phone is having an easily swappable battery, although these are proprietary. It would be nice to find such a phone the uses a standard inexpensive easily swappable lithium ion battery such as the 18650.

In the US, smartphone data plans can also be expensive, which is why many don't want to have to purchase one for a second phone. HD radio is nice since it is free. If one needs to pay $50 a month for a smartphone contract for a second phone, that is $600 a year. 

Can't find any MP3 with HD radio on Amazon. and also HD radio is not valid in any countries. it is a big problem to us cause we can't make products to different countries. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 30, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #389 of 2,001
compare with Moonlight z1?

Haven't compared to Z1 yet, though Z1 isn't really small form factor by any mean, so it isn't going to be a fair comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back