[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Apr 22, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #3,646 of 5,698
I always keep bit perfect enabled.

"The term bit-perfect is used a few different ways, but I’m using it here to describe the transfer of digital audio data from one point to another with absolutely no changes. After all, this is a crucial feature that sets digital apart from analog…zero generation loss."
Thank you. Very helpful.

Apr 22, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #3,647 of 5,698
Thank you. Very helpful.
Not trying to pull you away from UAPP but if your into that kind of thing you might wanna give Neutron player a shot as well. It has a dated interface (looks like something from the early 2000's) but IMHO the sound is better and you can convert your flac files to dsd256 on the fly. Better sound quality but it does drain the battery quicker. I run both UAPP and Neutron. Some music in my library benefits greatly running DSD so I play it through Neutron. But if I want to stream bit perfect I use UAPP.

P.s. someone mentioned the other day that Tidal is now streaming bit perfect.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #3,648 of 5,698
Not trying to pull you away from UAPP but if your into that kind of thing you might wanna give Neutron player a shot as well. It has a dated interface (looks like something from the early 2000's) but IMHO the sound is better and you can convert your flac files to dsd256 on the fly. Better sound quality but it does drain the battery quicker. I run both UAPP and Neutron. Some music in my library benefits greatly running DSD so I play it through Neutron. But if I want to stream bit perfect I use UAPP.

P.s. someone mentioned the other day that Tidal is now streaming bit perfect.
Very helpful once again. I will most certainly try Neutron Player. Great suggestion as I like options. With that being said what are your thoughts on the Fiio Music app. My prior DAP was a Hiby player (New R6 2020) and surprisingly enough the Hiby software was pretty darn good.

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #3,649 of 5,698
Very helpful once again. I will most certainly try Neutron Player. Great suggestion as I like options. With that being said what are your thoughts on the Fiio Music app. My prior DAP was a Hiby player (New R6 2020) and surprisingly enough the Hiby software was pretty darn good.
Do try neutron, it is kinda wonky to setup at first if you aren't familiar with the UI, but the sound performance is outstanding. Not to mention you can get DSD64/128/256 conversion. I keep DSD128 on my M15, would love to know if the M17 can scale to DSD256 withouth stuttering!

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #3,651 of 5,698
Actually Neutron player with the M17 is also the only DLNA renderer compatible with a Bitperfect/DSD Native output to an external USB-C DAC ... Neutron can be feed by any smartphone, tablet, windows notebook with mconnect, foobar2000, bubleupnp, etc ..

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #3,652 of 5,698
it seems to be that i have to try out the neutron player. so far, i am happy with UAPP.

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #3,653 of 5,698
Do try neutron, it is kinda wonky to setup at first if you aren't familiar with the UI, but the sound performance is outstanding. Not to mention you can get DSD64/128/256 conversion. I keep DSD128 on my M15, would love to know if the M17 can scale to DSD256 withouth stuttering!
how do i find this dsd conversion option? is it in the neutron player?

Apr 22, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #3,654 of 5,698
From memory - in SS mode SP2KT has much colder timbre, with Hybrid and Tube modes adding a bit warmth which brings its timbre closer to a neutral level.
SP2KT has less details, it’s details level is significantly lower (more dirty sound), it has mid bass bleed.
Soundstage is also smaller and it doesn’t have that much power to drive cans with high resistance.
Thank you, that’s what I thought

Apr 23, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #3,656 of 5,698
how do i find this dsd conversion option? is it in the neutron player?
Audio Hardware>Dsd, dsd over pcm>pcm to dsd>dsd256. And set ''hardware latency'' to 1000 and ''software latency" 5.

Apr 23, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #3,657 of 5,698
Ok so just got my m17. Put my SD card in and scanned for media in Neutron and it gets to 15% and reboots. Tried it three times and same thing each time. Any thoughts?
Strange, i feed it anything and never had it crash. What formsts do you use? Did you chose a folder or let it scsn whole device

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #3,659 of 5,698
For the people that feels thst the unit gets very hot

Whats the ambient temperature ?

There is a huge difference depending on that

I hit the heat cutoff the first time I used it, on the way home from the store. Ambient was around 30C, low gain, 70db, in less than 1 hour. DAP had hot (not burnt) electronic smells for the first week or so but this has gone now. Since then, it seems to handle heat much better and haven't hit the cutoff since, so i'm wondering if the unit just needs time to settle in. I now use enhanced mode without the fan for multiple hours with ambient temps in low 20's, but with mid 20's ambient, it gets pretty toasty within an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back