[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Mar 24, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #3,346 of 5,703
FIIO is definitely a reference for customer's support !!!!
Cayin, A&K, Ibasso, Shanling and even Sony should all learn from FIIO what "service" means. Thank You !

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #3,347 of 5,703
FIIO is definitely a reference for customer's support !!!!
Cayin, A&K, Ibasso, Shanling and even Sony should all learn from FIIO what "service" means. Thank You !
i can agree. had to contact the fiio support 2x for an issue. solved it very fast.

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #3,348 of 5,703
The new firmware FW1.0.3 for M17 is now available!

M17-2022-3-24.jpg

Updated at 2022-03-24
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.3 compared to the FW1.0.2 on M17:

1. Added a new function to disable battery charging (you can enable it in Settings-Battery);

2. Added a new function to hide the full screen indicator when using gesture navigation (you can enable it in Settings-Global-System navigation-Gesture navigation);

3. Added ambient light sync setting to synchronize the side ambient light with the knob indicator(you can enable it in Settings-Display-Indicator light control);

4. Added the volume adjusting mode shortcut icon in drop down menu (you can hold and drag it in the drop down menu-edit to add);

5. Added a new option to the multifunction button setting: Lock screen/Wake up;

6. Added more timers options for idle poweroff;

7. Added the option of 'Do not display again' in the pop-up window when All to DSD function is enabled;

8. Fixed the issue where the output would be error in USB 2.0 port when exclusive USB audio access mode is turned off;

9. Fixed the issue where the white noise might be heard while playing music in Bluetooth transmitting mode;

10. Miscellaneous improvements on performance.

M17 firmware download: Click here

How to upgrade the M17:Click here
1,3,8 and 9 are the best changes with true value. this you can say is really a "firmware" wording worth. great job fiio developers.

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #3,349 of 5,703

M17-2022-3-24.jpg

Updated at 2022-03-24
The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.3 compared to the FW1.0.2 on M17:

1. Added a new function to disable battery charging (you can enable it in Settings-Battery);

2. Added a new function to hide the full screen indicator when using gesture navigation (you can enable it in Settings-Global-System navigation-Gesture navigation);

3. Added ambient light sync setting to synchronize the side ambient light with the knob indicator(you can enable it in Settings-Display-Indicator light control);

4. Added the volume adjusting mode shortcut icon in drop down menu (you can hold and drag it in the drop down menu-edit to add);

7. Added the option of 'Do not display again' in the pop-up window when All to DSD function is enabled;

8. Fixed the issue where the output would be error in USB 2.0 port when exclusive USB audio access mode is turned off;

9. Fixed the issue where the white noise might be heard while playing music in Bluetooth transmitting mode;

@FiiO

Quoting from my soon to be published review.

Missing functions

"Then the top shelf information bar will not display the current gain setting nor the digital filter that is selected.

Another thing of note is that the filter selection is not directly available from the drop down menu.
The user must first enter the general settings menu, then select audio settings and at the end, choose the desired filter.
You can always set the multifunction side button to cycle through the filters but then again you have no clue of which one is selected.
These two issues are great omissions and they should be addressed in a future firmware update, as soon as possible."

Help me erase this section...
As I can see these functions that were missing "Quick Gain setting and Filter selection from drop down menu" are not added to the new firmware? :/

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #3,350 of 5,703

M17-2022-3-24.jpg

Updated at 2022-03-24

Excellent. Fiio could improve that returning to android mode from Bluetooth receiver mode does not turn off the WiFi connection. you have to be reconnecting. Thank you

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #3,351 of 5,703

@FiiO ... thanks for the update, and your effort behind to satisfy us, the customers :)

Following topics I recognized after the update:

- My side Illumination is now working correctly according to the settings - only on when charging :)

- The illuminated ring around the volume knob is not turned off anymore after shutting down the device :frowning2: -> Bug?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #3,353 of 5,703
For those who want easier access to the filters, have you noticed significant differences between the various filters? What about the "All to DSD" option? I find it hard to compare and even when I think I can hear differences I am not sure that it's not my mind playing tricks on me.

Mar 24, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #3,354 of 5,703
I have the A&K SP2000 which I love and the M17. I don't love the M17 with my Focal Stellias, but I do love it with the Focal Clear. I totally agree that the image size is one of the best attributes. I also get a wider sound stage vs my A&K.

I do not find the M17 to be bright or analytical at all. It's not warm enough to make the Stellias listenable though; they sound anemic via the M17 to my ears.

I do think the M17 has become better with time. It sounds cleaner to my ears than it did over the first 100 hours or so.

I Agree M17 is not bright or analytical. Before proper burn in it had a bit of hardness to the upper mids. Thankfully the hardness has diminished greatly with burn in, but it's still the aspect that keeps the M17 from be the perfect All-In-One IMO.

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #3,355 of 5,703
Dont know did anyone see new M11 Plus ESS, boasts better SNR/Crosstalk numbers than M17, something like 126db/111db vs 121db/108db. Is it because of huge reserve of power it has or implementation of a DACs?

DACs in M17 are true deskops ones which should sport best "numbers" while M11 Plus ESS uses mobile editions.

@FiiO could you shed any light on this please.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #3,356 of 5,703
Dont know did anyone see new M11 Plus ESS, boast better SNR/Crosstalk numbers than M17, something like 126db/111db vs 121db/108db. Is it because of huge reserve of power it has or implementation of a DACs?

DACs in M17 are true deskops ones which should sports best "numbers" while M11 Plus ESS uses mobile editions.

@FiiO could you shed any light on this please.

Thanks.
Probably a similar reason why a Chord Hugo 2 has 135 dB channel separation while the 6x more expensive Dave "only" has 125 dB.

Mar 24, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #3,357 of 5,703
For those who want easier access to the filters, have you noticed significant differences between the various filters? What about the "All to DSD" option? I find it hard to compare and even when I think I can hear differences I am not sure that it's not my mind playing tricks on me.
Yep, all of this makes difference, while you need a resolving hardware to notice it and a good quality material.

To better catch filters differences try some tracks with fast transients - they should sound more detailed and with shorter decay with fast roll-off filters.

All to DSD basically improves separation (putting mids a bit back) and adding more sub bass (more punchier low end sound).

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #3,358 of 5,703
I’m thinking to get an m17 to have an all-in-one semi portable solution to use at home and sell most of my other daps.

I was reading that the device has a pop sound when changing tracks in different formats or when changing tracks when streaming. Is that the case? Anybody is using it with Apple Music or other streaming services and can confirm the issue? Thanks :)

Mar 25, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #3,359 of 5,703
A kind of POC :beyersmile: :beyersmile: :beyersmile:

M17 in enhanced mode + SSD 2TB + Samsung 10000mha Powerbank

It will be soon time to analyze Sound Quality and play a bit with Wavelet
I use an USB-C to DC 12V 3A 5.5 2.1mm Power Plug PD Emulator Trigger Cable with Baseus GaN 65W USB C Charger, Enhanced Over-headphone mode was actived!
What's even more incredible is that A UGREEN PB195 PowerBank with this cable, Enhanced Over-headphone mode was actived too!!! But, The max output of UGREEN PB195 PowerBank is 12V 1.5A only!
I don't know if this is bad for the M17, if anyone knows please let me know。
20220325_132527.jpg

20220324_085602.jpg

Attachments

• 20220324_085832.jpg
    20220324_085832.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #3,360 of 5,703
I’m thinking to get an m17 to have an all-in-one semi portable solution to use at home and sell most of my other daps.

I was reading that the device has a pop sound when changing tracks in different formats or when changing tracks when streaming. Is that the case? Anybody is using it with Apple Music or other streaming services and can confirm the issue? Thanks :)
A slight pop sound only occurs if the device is left idle for ~30s and the amp circuit turns off/on. It won't happen when changing tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back