[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Feb 28, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #5,656 of 5,691
Did you try to change the switch on the right side of the M17, The power switch , as you want to use DC power only or through the battery? did you try to hold the power button after?
Yep, I switched the Batt / DC switch back and forth a few times to see if would make any difference. Unfortunately the issue still hasn't gone away and will continue to turn itself on if left plugged in on either the battery or DC setting.

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #5,658 of 5,691
Mine M17 has somehow laggy touch display, its non-responsive I have to hold my finger long enough to accept touch otherwise feels like its frozen. Anyone with same issue?
Haven't experienced that issue yet. Brought mine in the first batch during pre-orders and has remained pretty responsive since.

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #5,659 of 5,691
My M17 has developed a strange issue. Whenever it's plugged into DC power through the PL50 it will turn on. The only way to turn it off and keep it off is to unplug it entirely from the power supply.

Normally it's set to charge only when off but now that won't work since it won't stay off when connected to the power supply. @FiiO Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

My next step appears to be completing a factory reset and hope for the best.
Check if you did not enable 'In-vehicle mode' in menu.

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #5,660 of 5,691
Feb 29, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #5,661 of 5,691
When my M17 is turned off but connected to DC PS it constantly switches screen on and displays Fiio red logo, then white battery then switches off. And that is repeated process.
What is the issue can be here?

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #5,662 of 5,691
IMG_20240229_000807.jpg

By the way let me share the recent connection type im using with two DC power supplies and USB hub.
Farad is very interesting PS - M17 another animal with it. More 3D and space, wider instruments separation, more low end, less harsh on highs, more analog tembres. And that comparison with PL50 that includes SR Purple fuse and silver-gold custom DC cable.
Farad with SR Orange fuse and level2 copper DC cable.

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #5,666 of 5,691
When I switch the M17 to DAC or Bluetooth mode, the WiFi turns off but then doesn't turn back on automatically when I exit DAC/Bluetooth receiving mode. Is this known?

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #5,667 of 5,691
When I switch the M17 to DAC or Bluetooth mode, the WiFi turns off but then doesn't turn back on automatically when I exit DAC/Bluetooth receiving mode. Is this known?
Yep, it's always been this way for me. That is, turning on something like Bluetooth Receiving Mode turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #5,668 of 5,691
Yep, it's always been this way for me. That is, turning on something like Bluetooth Receiving Mode turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Thanks. It's good to know I am not alone. I guess I am not really surprised that WiFi and BT transmiting switch off when i.e. BT receiving is on as WiFi and BT are often on the same chip and you don't really need them when receiving BT or in DAC mode. What I'd expect however is that when you press Exit on BT Receiving/DAC Mode then that triggers a routine to turn WiFi back on.

Is @FiiO aware of this?

Mar 2, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #5,669 of 5,691
Thanks. It's good to know I am not alone. I guess I am not really surprised that WiFi and BT transmiting switch off when i.e. BT receiving is on as WiFi and BT are often on the same chip and you don't really need them when receiving BT or in DAC mode. What I'd expect however is that when you press Exit on BT Receiving/DAC Mode then that triggers a routine to turn WiFi back on.

Is @FiiO aware of this?
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback. Yes, we have reported to the engineer about that. And they will try to add the feature you mentioned in later update.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 2, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #5,670 of 5,691
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback. Yes, we have reported to the engineer about that. And they will try to add the feature you mentioned in later update.

Best regards
That's great. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back