[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Apr 16, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #3,556 of 5,703
@FiiO Nitpicking request: Any way to add an option to set how sensitive the volume nob is? Sometimes a very small movement of the nob results in 3-4 steps increase of volume so with iems buttons are more precise to change the volume. But I really like that nob :)
Thanks for the kind feedback. We will report to the engineer for assessing about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 16, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #3,557 of 5,703
Okay, dumb question of the day. Do you plug the charger for the fan / stand into a wall charger or into one of the USB slots of the M17? I am assuming a wall charger.

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #3,558 of 5,703
Okay, dumb question of the day. Do you plug the charger for the fan / stand into a wall charger or into one of the USB slots of the M17? I am assuming a wall charger.
A powered USB dock or wall charger. Mine’s powered by my Caldigit T4 dock when needed.

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #3,559 of 5,703
Got it and thank you. Much appreciated.

Apr 16, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #3,560 of 5,703
Another question of the day (thanks for bearing with me)... Using the USB Audio app should I select bit perfect or not. I am mainly using Tidal within the app and will move onto my local files tomorrow. Just taking my first session with my M17.

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #3,561 of 5,703
What a beast @FiiO . Nicely done.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #3,562 of 5,703
And now.....my M17 works fine via USB Output 👍

Without dropouts/cracking noise......with all Dac Amps flawless(also with K9)...with both usb outputs (2.0/3.0)...and with all cables 😉
Play/Pause/Skip works also faster on the fiio music app 👍

NOMAX

PS.that was the most funniest bug that i have ever found in the last years 🤣
And those who know me know I'll find out everything 😉

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #3,563 of 5,703
Just enjoying some music, some morning sun, some light reading… Such a lovely package, this M17, good pairing with Meze Liric.
90D6F891-F6DF-47FB-96D5-E93198A5163D.jpeg

Apr 17, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #3,564 of 5,703
@FiiO
@JamesFiiO

Any explanation from you?

When you connect/pair the M17 (usb outputs 2.0/3.0) to a external Dac Amp with an Usb cable......K9/CMA15/TT2 etc etc etc etc etc also with my marble stone

Then that appears this on the screen

D5F3DB4F-4784-41DF-82C7-FB52F0077A18.jpeg

And now the solution to the riddle

To all Head fiers....push not yes/ok....say no/cancel/deny the pairing.....then it works flawless und much faster via Usb out👍
(With the Dac Amps...also with K9 Pro Akm)

NOMAX

PS.in my opinion it should actually be the other way around 😉

Cancel=should not work
OK=should work flawless

Something must have been mixed up here (bug)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #3,565 of 5,703
After few hours of playing and trying via Usb out....furthermore all my tracks flawless,skip,play,pause,forward 👍 (also with the remote control)

Provided you deny the pairing with your Dac Amp,here in german language mode
(press abrechen,not okay)

BE006001-5C0E-4E74-8FC0-16C4AC73B61C.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.to all head fiers,nice sunday 👍

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,566 of 5,703
After few hours of playing and trying via Usb out....furthermore all my tracks flawless,skip,play,pause,forward 👍 (also with the remote control)

Provided you deny the pairing with your Dac Amp,here in german language mode
(press abrechen,not okay)

BE006001-5C0E-4E74-8FC0-16C4AC73B61C.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.to all head fiers,nice sunday 👍
Interesting. It appears Fiio Music player is trying to scan your DACs for files. Does this happen on both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports?

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #3,567 of 5,703
Apr 17, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #3,568 of 5,703
Now it is really relaxing listening to my HE1 to skip from one to the other track (with the Ak Remote) on the M17(as source via usb to the marble stone dac ) without this cracking noise/dropouts 👍

NOMAX

Ps.and that's all I wanted... the most obvious thing in 2022 from an Dap....same as from my AK Sp2000 or Lotoo
But how to make that clear to the customer that he should press cancel/deny/abrechen and not okay on the notification bar is really a mystery to me 🤣
Good night

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #3,569 of 5,703
Now it is really relaxing listening to my HE1 to skip from one to the other track (with the Ak Remote) on the M17(as source via usb to the marble stone dac ) without this cracking noise/dropouts 👍

NOMAX

Ps.and that's all I wanted... the most obvious thing in 2022 from an Dap....same as from my AK Sp2000 or Lotoo
But how to make that clear to the customer that he should press cancel/deny/abrechen and not okay on the notification bar is really a mystery to me 🤣
Good night
So it was the FiiO player application after all.

Apr 17, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #3,570 of 5,703
Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer to check about that as well. But I failed to reproduce the issue.

Charging: Constandly On---If this option is switched to off for volume knob indicator, would you get the same problem? Is the M17 fully charged at that time?

Best regards
@FiiO i am experiencing the exact same issue. Please let me know if you need more info. Kindly asking if anyone would be willing to test to see if they are having the same issue (see below)...Thank you in advance.

***If I had to guess it has something to due with the battery being limited to a number lower than 100% for charge level. Very much like Klabauters, I limited the maximum charge to 80% full and to stop charging once that 80% is hit. I am wondering if the lights are staying on because the battery is not full even though that is intentional.****

See below for recap of the issue:

Just a reminder as reported by:

Klabauters

This is what the problem is:

DC-Cable Connected.

Volume knob indicator light:
  • Brightness: User defined, 55%
  • Working: Constantly On
  • Charging: Constandly On (can also be set to Off - this setting has no impact on the Volume knob light after the shut down).

After shutting down, the device seams to fully shutdown, as I know it from before (also the Volume knob indicator light is switched off for about 1 second), then the FiiO Icon is shown again on the screen and the volume knob indicator light is illuminated in red with full brightness (as it does, during booting the device), then the screen turns black, the volume Knob indicator knob is turned on, in blue color (my regular dim setting + color); for a second or so the battery symbol is shown in the secreen, then the screen turns to black and the volume indicator light remains permanent on, unless you unplug the DC Cable ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back