[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Apr 10, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #3,511 of 5,698
So, M17 and external DAC’s issues… No issues here
I have been playing tracks all day and other than a little click on first initialisation (FiiO app only) It has been smooth sailing.
You guys either got two lemons (rare but, possible) or more likely, You guys are not doing it right.
Please be aware, I will restrict the video in 24 hours.

Apr 11, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #3,512 of 5,698
At 3.36 clearly recognizable...Track is Hanging/cracking at the beginning...and over Headphone disturbing

I could also make a video where you can see and here it much better 😉 but I'd rather spare us that
(You can't ask the consumer that the M17 works without this app, (it is her own software) plug and play is a basic requirement,and should be work also flawless via usb,that is only the case via Coax)
What would Astell Kern/Looto/ibasso users say if their players experience such glitches when connecting their players to a Usb Dac?

Hopefully @FiiO can fix the bug

NOMAX

Ps.skip faster or press pause/play...multiple times and put on your headphones
Yes and it has nothing to do with all the usb cables what i have tried 😉

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #3,513 of 5,698
At 3.36 clearly recognizable...Track is Hanging/cracking at the beginning...and over Headphone disturbing

I could also make a video where you can see and here it much better 😉 but I'd rather spare us that
(You can't ask the consumer that the M17 works without this app, (it is her own software) plug and play is a basic requirement,and should be work also flawless via usb,that is only the case via Coax)
What would Astell Kern/Looto/ibasso users say if their players experience such glitches when connecting their players to a Usb Dac?

Hopefully @FiiO can fix the bug

NOMAX

Ps.skip faster or press pause/play...multiple times and put on your headphones
Yes and it has nothing to do with all the usb cables what i have tried 😉
Yes I can hear that The Cure track slightly stutter but, over the course of several hours, I only had a handful of "events" Still, I had no issues over coaxial. Which when I plug the M17 to my X45 is by far my preferred connexion

I do not press play/pause in quick succession while on a normal listening session, nor do I constantly skip.
These issues only happen with the @FiiO app which, I do not use very often.
But, yeah, I can understand that if you use your M17 like you do, it can become quite annoying.

As for other DAP manufacturers, they are far from being “Flawless” and have their own issues which, cover the gamut

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #3,514 of 5,698
Yes i agree,but the most important is as first the player fulfills its basic technical requirements this does not include the double click function or other many functions,yes nice but as first the basics should work flawless 😉

NOMAX

PS.and that also includes the player being able to play the audio flawlessly via the usb output from the sd card
with fiios own app/software,we are in 2022 not in 2015 😉
We will see how this story ends 👍

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #3,515 of 5,698
M17 arrived today! Will do some listening later this evening. Really curious how this beast sounds with IEMs.

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #3,516 of 5,698
Tonight's choice of aural pleasure

Attachments

• IMG_20220411_200737.jpg
    IMG_20220411_200737.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #3,517 of 5,698
Yes i agree,but the most important is as first the player fulfills its basic technical requirements this does not include the double click function or other many functions,yes nice but as first the basics should work flawless 😉

NOMAX

PS.and that also includes the player being able to play the audio flawlessly via the usb output from the sd card
with fiios own app/software,we are in 2022 not in 2015 😉
We will see how this story ends 👍
Ok, so… I had another go today and yes, there is a massive issue with DSD files. And I mean massive.
Not so much with standard or Hi-Res files which, I have practically no events. There are some but, not of significant importance. DSD”s are definitely a big problem, however.
Again, only with the FiiO app or in pure music mode when connected to an external DAC via USB. Maybe @FiiO can shed some light.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #3,518 of 5,698
@viffer

Why i write in my lasts post (we are not in 2015)

A other company /a competitor had the same problem at this time but via the headphone jack output

NOMAX

Ps.and a few weeks later miraculously the bug was fixed 😉
But as I said, we are now in 2022,something like that shouldn't happen anymore
(From time to time I just think I'm really in the wrong movie)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #3,519 of 5,698
Any recommendations on cases for the M17? I am not a huge fan of the case that came with it and was wondering if any of you have bought a aftermarket case for it

Apr 12, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #3,521 of 5,698
@hardpike @Nomax
I have uploaded a new video showcasing the DSD -USB problem and shared the link with @FiiO via private message. I am also uploading another video showcasing the X45 playing the same files from its internal HHD demostrating there is no issue with the files themselves. All my DSD albums were purchased from a reputable HD Tracks web store and not ripped form a SACD.

Apr 12, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #3,522 of 5,698
I have been playing SACD ISOs today and reproduction has improved. Some background updates maybe.
The gapless is better, just a bit of "black noise" between the tracks.

So if FiiO somehow is working on this, it seems to be going in the right direction... But still a bit to go to reach perfection

And only perfection is ok

Just to note that for example neutron plays the files with gapless perfection (and also my sony HAP-Z1ES) so not file related

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #3,523 of 5,698
I have been playing SACD ISOs today and reproduction has improved. Some background updates maybe.
The gapless is better, just a bit of "black noise" between the tracks.

So if FiiO somehow is working on this, it seems to be going in the right direction... But still a bit to go to reach perfection

And only perfection is ok

Just to note that for example neutron plays the files with gapless perfection (and also my sony HAP-Z1ES) so not file related
I am not sure FiiO can update the unit in the background, that would be tantamount to hacking your device. Any M17 in the possession of individuals, does not belong to FiiO, it belong to the whomever bough it, and FiiO can’t change things in the unit without the owners permission. My understanding is, it has to be done via a proper firmware update.

Apr 12, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #3,524 of 5,698
The most important and first thing is that their own Player Software works 👍

Really surprising for me is that this is with all headphone jacks and also via the Coax output but not via the Usb Output

NOMAX

PS.and i am sure @FiiO can fix this via Firmware 😉

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #3,525 of 5,698
The most important and first thing is that their own Player Software works 👍

Really surprising for me is that this is with all headphone jacks and also via the Coax output but not via the Usb Output

NOMAX

PS.and i am sure @FiiO can fix this via Firmware 😉
Well, coaxial works with Hi-Res of at lest 192KHZ (the maximum I have) but not DSD (at least, my X45 does not play them). Can anyone confirm this with their equipment. BTW, I don’t think this has anything to do with FiiO and I think that’s just the way Coaxial works.
Also, @Nomax .I am sure FiiO is now aware of the problem. No need to carry on flogging the horse. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back