[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jan 4, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #1,864 of 5,692
Thanks the information and sharinng about M17 , seems it's a great DAP

If i'm using IEM like campfire solaris or andromeda (rather sensitive IEM) , using medium gain , how the background hissing sound level compare with dap like cayin N6ii , AK sp2000 , Shanlinmg M8 etc.?

Thanks a lot

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #1,865 of 5,692
Thanks the information and sharinng about M17 , seems it's a great DAP

If i'm using IEM like campfire solaris or andromeda (rather sensitive IEM) , using medium gain , how the background hissing sound level compare with dap like cayin N6ii , AK sp2000 , Shanlinmg M8 etc.?

Thanks a lot
I have both the M17 and M11 Plus and no hissing absolutely dead quite on balanced 4.4 connection, I have not used any other output except 4.4

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #1,866 of 5,692
I have both the M17 and M11 Plus and no hissing absolutely dead quite on balanced 4.4 connection, I have not used any other output except 4.4

Thanks a lot! I'm also using 4.4 /2.5 output mainly .
Could you share which earphone you are using ? Thanks again friend
My current Dap is shanling M8 , an I'm pleased as it's hissing sound level is very low , much lower than the cayin N6ii I previously used , but M8 battery life is bad , especially on streaming

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #1,867 of 5,692
Thanks a lot! I'm also using 4.4 /2.5 output mainly .
Could you share which earphone you are using ? Thanks again friend
My current Dap is shanling M8 , an I'm pleased as it's hissing sound level is very low , much lower than the cayin N6ii I previously used , but M8 battery life is bad , especially on streaming
NP bud I have the Camfire Audio Andromeda and the Meze Rai Penta. I am used to a very black musical background as I have the Sony DMP-Z1 which is so quite and the M17 is very good indeed as well.

Jan 4, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #1,869 of 5,692
Loving my m17- currently using it with the Focal Utopia. The one bit missing for me is proper Roon support that circumvents Android's codec.
@FiiO any chance you can approach Roon about this?

Roon's app is one of the recommendations in the FiiO store app, I hope that this is a little hint that something is being done to address this.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #1,871 of 5,692
You can change the orientation of the display on the M17 and the case flap will be on top?
I didn't even think about that... :sweat_smile:

The only downside is that i can't lock the orientation display, it comes back in the initial position but that's no so a real issue.

I'll do that first before installing the second screen, thanks man

Jan 4, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #1,872 of 5,692
Loving my m17- currently using it with the Focal Utopia. The one bit missing for me is proper Roon support that circumvents Android's codec.
@FiiO any chance you can approach Roon about this?

Roon's app is one of the recommendations in the FiiO store app, I hope that this is a little hint that something is being done to address this.
Would be absolutely perfect to have Roon endpoint implemented and make it a perfect desktop replacement for a no of scenarios.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back