[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Apr 4, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #3,451 of 5,692
@FiiO

Was not possible to solve the M17 usb output problem with the last firmware update 1.03?
When i connect M17 with usb to your K9 Pro Flagship/Questyle CMA15 etc etc etc,and i play my music (sd card) and skip from one track to the other...there are some dropouts in the beginning from the new track (only in the beginning)
With every other Player (AK/Lotoo/etc etc) no problems with the usb audio output when i connect/pair them on your K9 or different other Dac Amps
My question what is wrong?why takes this so long?
You remember this picture?would be nice that works really

40D0E2F0-1D6D-4928-99CD-6232617BBBA4.jpeg

Thanks and greetings from Austria

NOMAX

PS.and last Question.....will be possible to play my music/the tracks from M17 (sd card) with usb output flawless without dropouts
when i pair it to your K9 Pro in the future?

When i play my tracks/my music only on M17 from sd card...works flawless without dropouts 👍
I don’t have any as such device as K9 pro, but my observations if I use usb-c memory stick or usb-c SD card reader as a source inserted to “blue” framed usb-c slot, it hiccups. If I use them inserted to second usb-c slot it plays smoothly.

Apr 4, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #3,452 of 5,692
Why does every other of my players pair well via Usb output into K9?
And not the M17...also not on other Dac/Amps

NOMAX

PS.that is the question of the day 😉
Perhabs @JamesFiiO has the answer?
Thanks 👍

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #3,453 of 5,692
Can anyone show me where i can find it?
Where can i turn on or off the Usb output?
I want to try pair manually the M17

0418EB3E-6CF5-4068-BA1F-F85EA15928BC.jpeg

NOMAX

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #3,454 of 5,692
Can anyone show me where i can find it?
Where can i turn on or off the Usb output?
I want to try pair manually the M17

0418EB3E-6CF5-4068-BA1F-F85EA15928BC.jpeg

NOMAX

The left usb-c port can be used for a link with an external dac only when the music app is taking control the usb-c port in exclusive mode.
So it works with perfectly with UAPP and Neutron player, not with amazon music or qobuz.
A question will appear as soon as we connect an external DAC to allow the player to take control of the usb-c port.
FIIO said a few weeks ago, they will include in some future firmware a non-exclusive use of the usb-c port so that more apps will be able to use it.
I didn't use it for a long time, but I think FIIO player can take control of the USB-C port too.

Apr 4, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #3,455 of 5,692
@newworld666 Thanks 👍

What i want is only play my Music files which are on my sd card/ M17 via Usb Output into a other Dac/Amp.......K9/CMA 15 etc etc

NOMAX

PS.Flawless....why is it possible with my few other Players to pair it with K9 and play my tracks without dropouts?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #3,456 of 5,692
@newworld666 Thanks 👍

What i want is only play my Music files which are on my sd card/ M17 via Usb Output into a other Dac/Amp.......K9/CMA 15 etc etc

NOMAX

PS.Flawless....why is it possible with my few other Players to pair it with K9 and play my tracks without dropouts?

That was my answer for using a player in the FIIO M17 and use the USB-C output to an external DAC like K9, CMA15 for you (SMSL SU-9 for me) with bit perfect and native DSD mode => it's working for sure with all player able to take control of the USB port (like UAPP or Neutron), I am not sure with FIIO player of the M17 can do it.. I didn't try BubbleUPNP in the M17, I don't think it can.
I have no drop out at all, no clicks with Neutron Player, and it's really stable... I mostly use Neutron Player on the M17 as DLNA renderer, and I can manage/play files with Mconnect, Foobar2000, BubbleUpnp from my iphone or any android smartphone/tablets and play any files from the SD of the M17 (shared by bubbleupnp on the M17), Qobuz or my Upnp server...
All music are send to the USB-C port of the M17 to my SMSL SU-9 in bitperfect mode or native DSD.. This can be done with any USB DAC (K9 or CMA15) connected to the M17

Apr 4, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #3,457 of 5,692
How does the M17 stack up to Shanling M30?

Apr 4, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #3,458 of 5,692
The man is an inspiration. That Oscar’s outburst was a brilliant “I don’t care where we are… do not cross lines you should stay way behind, or there will be consequences“ He’s gone from man, why are you making really bad movies? to my absolute hero!
Good comedy has always crossed lines. George Carlin and Sam Kinison come to mind.

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #3,459 of 5,692
@FiiO

Was not possible to solve the M17 usb output problem with the last firmware update 1.03?
When i connect M17 with usb to your K9 Pro Flagship/Questyle CMA15 etc etc etc,and i play my music (sd card) and skip from one track to the other...there are some dropouts in the beginning from the new track (only in the beginning)
With every other Player (AK/Lotoo/etc etc) no problems with the usb audio output when i connect/pair them on your K9 or different other Dac Amps
My question what is wrong?why takes this so long?
You remember this picture?would be nice that works really

40D0E2F0-1D6D-4928-99CD-6232617BBBA4.jpeg

Thanks and greetings from Austria

NOMAX

PS.and last Question.....will be possible to play my music/the tracks from M17 (sd card) with usb output flawless without dropouts
when i pair it to your K9 Pro in the future?

When i play my tracks/my music only on M17 from sd card...works flawless without dropouts 👍
Dear friend,

You are using the USB 3.0 port or USB host port of M17? The K9Pro's USB B or USB C port?
And the USB output option could be found in the FiiO Music app:
1649208783106.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 6, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #3,460 of 5,692
My SPDIF output no longer works on my M17. Perhaps a coincidence but the last time I used it was prior to the firmware update.

So not sure if it's a hardware or software issue.

Can anyone confirm that theirs works?

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #3,461 of 5,692
My SPDIF output no longer works on my M17. Perhaps a coincidence but the last time I used it was prior to the firmware update.

So not sure if it's a hardware or software issue.

Can anyone confirm that theirs works?
Though I prefer USB-C link with my external DAC (SMSL SU9), I just tried the Cinch spdif, and it's working too with my M17 and last firmware..

Apr 6, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #3,462 of 5,692
@FiiO

When will the button stickers for the M17 become available in the US? My seller (Audio46) is still waiting for shipment.

Thanks

Apr 6, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #3,463 of 5,692
Dear friend,

You are using the USB 3.0 port or USB host port of M17? The K9Pro's USB B or USB C port?
And the USB output option could be found in the FiiO Music app:

Best regards

Thanks for your answer....no it works not really satisfactory

I tried all usb ports also with different usb cables...the problem comes also after press pause and after play the track again..also a litte dropout
Why does the track keeps playing when i turn off the usb output?why does it not stop?
It seems there is not really a possibility to pair the device on or off manually??
So for what is the button on the sreen when i does not work and makes no difference??

NOMAX

PS.i need 6-8 tries that i get a flawless reproduction/connection...stick in...stick out...stick in...stick out...very troublesome
I have a lot of Daps all works fine on the Chord/Questyle/ and also on the K9 Pro Akm,the only one is the M17 that does not
I want only play my tracks from my sd card (which is in the M17) to a Dac Amp via usb...flawless...without dropouts
(i am not a streamer)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #3,464 of 5,692
It seems to me after pause and press play again that the player starts to slow (it hangs and after start a dropout and then it plays)

NOMAX

PS.that is really strange because when i play my tracks normal direkt from the M17 (sd card) into the headphone and not via Usb to a Dac/Amp...no dropouts...flawless 👍
@FiiO A bug?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #3,465 of 5,692
And if i want to try with my HE1 marble stone,also the same problems

NOMAX

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back